#4 Soddy Daisy BEATS #1 Red Bank in OT in District Tourny

StillGotIt

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although Red Bank did not have one of their key players(Bradley Britt) playing that night both teams fought hard. Bradley usually hit 15 to 20 points a game, he got hurt in a previous game. Congrats SD!!!!!!!!

And the Trojans have been missing Brandon McNeil's 22 PointsPerGame since December /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Congrats Soddy!!! I wish I could have been a fly on the wall in the locker room of Red Bank after that game. As loud and vocal as Coach Cherne is during the game, I can only imagine the atmosphere of the locker room when you are the number 1 team and you get upset by the number 4 team in your OWN gym with a much larger crowd. I noticed he was absent from the scene last night when Ooltewah played Central. Speaking of which... not a good game by either team. Poor shot selections by Central cost them down the stretch. I have never seen Ooltewah miss SO many lay-ups.

Anyway, good luck Soddy... you finally got a break. Looking for a good game Friday night and I will be there pulling for my Owls!

Yes, I was absent from the game against Ooltewah and Chattanooga Central, but since my father's passing away three weeks ago, we have played 7 games and hosted two weekends worth of freshman basketball tournament games and now a district tournament. It was my youngest sons birthday and we have spent zero time together and he has been having a rough time with the passing of his grandfather. So, yes, I was absent for my youngest sons birthday February 18th /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> and am very proud of him, because he wanted me to be at the game NOT with him. However, my coaching staff was there watching and taking notes. Please do not jump to conclusions before you post. Some respect and compassion needs to be demonstrated in columns such as this one, Soddy Daisy did a great job of competing and getting the win. Good luck to ALL District 6-AAA teams in the post season.

Professionally,

Coach Cherne III, Ed.S.