13AA semis

VOREBS

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a chance to make it to Gibson Co. tonight and saw a great second game. It is always nice to see a Ms. Basketball finalist on the court to see how her reaction will be in tournament time. I thought the tempo favored Westview which eventually led to their win. I think both teams are high quality and I feel the Lady Rebels will move on and be successful in the Regional tourney. For the Rebel fans, not sure how to take them sometimes. I heard someone saying the Lady Rebel coach was "outcoached" after the game. I am not sure that would have been stated if Fussel's shot would have went in at the end of regulation. I am sure then the coach would have been a super star. That always makes me laugh. And, fans need to understand what role each kid plays on their team. A lot of chatter about Fussel getting so many looks and always having the ball, but the same ones were standing when she hit the clutch 3 at the end of the game. Some people are scores, some are defensive players, and others are rebounders, etc. These kids are super athletes and great kids. Let's be supportive of each player's role and enjoy their successes!!

I had a chance to make it to Gibson Co. tonight and saw a great second game. It is always nice to see a Ms. Basketball finalist on the court to see how her reaction will be in tournament time. I thought the tempo favored Westview which eventually led to their win. I think both teams are high quality and I feel the Lady Rebels will move on and be successful in the Regional tourney. For the Rebel fans, not sure how to take them sometimes. I heard someone saying the Lady Rebel coach was "outcoached" after the game. I am not sure that would have been stated if Fussel's shot would have went in at the end of regulation. I am sure then the coach would have been a super star. That always makes me laugh. And, fans need to understand what role each kid plays on their team. A lot of chatter about Fussel getting so many looks and always having the ball, but the same ones were standing when she hit the clutch 3 at the end of the game. Some people are scores, some are defensive players, and others are rebounders, etc. These kids are super athletes and great kids. Let's be supportive of each player's role and enjoy their successes!!

Very well said....

OC Leading Scorers.....

Chassidy Fussell - 36 pts.....20 coming in the second half

Nobody else in double figures....

How could anyone else get in double figures they never got the BALL ? Great team ball by WESTVIEW . Heather Butler showed out tonight my first time to see her tonight . She was on the money,but not selfish.

How could anyone else get in double figures they never got the BALL ? Great team ball by WESTVIEW . Heather Butler showed out tonight my first time to see her tonight . She was on the money,but not selfish.

I could tell her team mates were getting frustrated with her towards the end of the game as well. I think if OC would've played team ball there at the end they could've won it instead of letting Fussell shoot everytime she came down. She may have score 36 points, but I bet she shot the ball 60 times.

What'd you all think about Butler?

Chassidy is a no win situation no matter what she does. If she tries to pass off to teammates and they don't hit then it's why didn't she take the shot? Or if she shoots the ball herself then it's she's a ball hog. And as far as taking 60 shots that is ridiculous. Maybe 30 but not 60.

She shot the ball everytime in OT and she shot the ball everytime in the 4th quarter except for 1 or 2 times.... take it how you want...

She shot the ball everytime in OT and she shot the ball everytime in the 4th quarter except for 1 or 2 times.... take it how you want...

How about she not shoot at all next game or better yet, not play..See how they do then...Take that how ya want... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How about she not shoot at all next game or better yet, not play..See how they do then...Take that how ya want... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Agreed.....All these people are crying about how much Chassidy shoots, but let's see our record without her.....Be thankful with what we got OC fans....I wonder how many people would come on here saying all this stuff if she hits the shot to win it as time expired.....Overall a great game....Congrats to Westview on the win, but they must look onto to Milan Saturday night!

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!

Very well said....

I got a funny feeling these two OC & Westview may meet again. if Westview can pull off the upset. You never know about High School basketball. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> That's why you play the game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Good luck to all the teams envolved in the tournment and may the best teams win.

I really don't think Chass shot the ball everytime in the 4th but one or two. But the point is this, you want your best scorer taking the shots when the game is one the line. Had the last second shot gone, no one would be saying anything. As for OT, they just did not fall. If you have seen OC play ALL season, you would know, Chass does take the most shots in most games, that would seem to make sense to me.

Hey, when you get a team to coach, and you have a Miss Basketball finalist that is hitting for almost 31 points a game, then feel free to limit her to 5 or 10 shots a game.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could tell her team mates were getting frustrated with her towards the end of the game as well. I think if OC would've played team ball there at the end they could've won it instead of letting Fussell shoot everytime she came down. She may have score 36 points, but I bet she shot the ball 60 times.

What'd you all think about Butler?

Oh...and for the record, OC as a team did not attempt 60 shots..........