Updates on the Div. 1 state tourny.

ETownwrestler152

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cookeville would love stay in region 3. We've always said that we want to wrestle the best. That's why we wrestle so many region 4 teams every year also. Although it would be nice to make the state duals, region 3 is what has prepared our kids for the individuals each year. I'll admit that it has been frustrating to see teams at the duals that we have handily beaten year after year, but we never looked back. The only two positives about the realignment for us will be that we have a better chance to make the duals, and we won't have to travel up to two and a half hours, one way (and to another time zone), to wrestle region foes and get home to Cookeville at midnight on a school night. But we have embraced region 3 for all twelve of the short years of the Cookeville program because it's the best place to build a new program. Every coach and program in region 3 has been extremely accomodating to us, and we owe each and every one a big thanks for that. They aren't afraid of new quality teams, they embrace them as all great teams at this level do. Quality competition breeds medals and region 3 has that figured out. All things being equal, we would rather stay in region 3 and build our program up to Bradley's and Cleveland's level. It will be harder for us to do that starting next year, but we'll do our best and never look back. Coach D.

Cookeville would love stay in region 3. We've always said that we want to wrestle the best. That's why we wrestle so many region 4 teams every year also. Although it would be nice to make the state duals, region 3 is what has prepared our kids for the individuals each year. I'll admit that it has been frustrating to see teams at the duals that we have handily beaten year after year, but we never looked back. The only two positives about the realignment for us will be that we have a better chance to make the duals, and we won't have to travel up to two and a half hours, one way (and to another time zone), to wrestle region foes and get home to Cookeville at midnight on a school night. But we have embraced region 3 for all twelve of the short years of the Cookeville program because it's the best place to build a new program. Every coach and program in region 3 has been extremely accomodating to us, and we owe each and every one a big thanks for that. They aren't afraid of new quality teams, they embrace them as all great teams at this level do. Quality competition breeds medals and region 3 has that figured out. All things being equal, we would rather stay in region 3 and build our program up to Bradley's and Cleveland's level. It will be harder for us to do that starting next year, but we'll do our best and never look back. Coach D.

GREAT POST!

You have done great job building the program. Congrats on Tourn. this far. Your doing great. Star Raider was saying that toiunge-in-cheek I tihnk. Definately wasnt downing Cookeville. Just saying how tough that Region is and how you guys are stepping up to make it even tougher. The reallignment comment was in reference to Soddy, BC, Ooltewah etc now all being bunched.

Congrats on a job well done!

You have done great job building the program. Congrats on Tourn. this far. Your doing great. Star Raider was saying that toiunge-in-cheek I tihnk. Definately wasnt downing Cookeville. Just saying how tough that Region is and how you guys are stepping up to make it even tougher. The reallignment comment was in reference to Soddy, BC, Ooltewah etc now all being bunched.

Congrats on a job well done!

It was tongue in cheek, Cookeville has done a fantastic job creating a consistently top ten/top five program IMHO. Great community, good feeder program, and great coaches. I understand the travel issues for you all in a mostly eastern time region, that is really unfair to the young men and families dealing with that. We look forward to competing with you guys in new Region 5 (at least for individuals if the TSSAA website is correct), it should make middle Tenn stronger having to compete against a top shelf program. Your desire to continue to compete against the best is admirable and understood.

I remember when Cleveland and BC were realigned from Region 2 District 3 (Chatt) to R1 D2 (Knox) way back during the stone age and it did not seem to hurt them too much in the long run. Cleveland won their 1st state title about 5 years after that realignment.

Jordan has had a serperated shoulder injury since before state duals. It just came into play yesterday.

JORDAN..had a sep. shoulder or the ooltewah kid @ 160(manning)? MANNING has had torn up shoulder since before x-mas and wrestled with one arm all year...he's only 15.,.AND TAKEN NOTHING AWAY FROM THE JORDAN KID N MAKING NO EXCUSES FOR MANNING,BOTH ARE FUTURE STARS..and wish both well.their match was 6-5 jordan.I watched proctor/jordan yesterday w/ some maryville parents and a shoulder had nothing to do with that match PROCTOR IS RANKED #1 for a reason,Proctor just beat him fair n square. JUST LIKE JORDAN BEAT MANNING FAIR N SQUARE.INJURIES are part of it.Luck plays into alot of it,staying healthly etc.. the JORDAN KID will be in the mix for years to come just as MANNING and others. good luck to everyone tonight.

JORDAN..had a sep. shoulder or the ooltewah kid @ 160(manning)? MANNING has had torn up shoulder since before x-mas and wrestled with one arm all year...he's only 15.,.AND TAKEN NOTHING AWAY FROM THE JORDAN KID N MAKING NO EXCUSES FOR MANNING,BOTH ARE FUTURE STARS..and wish both well.their match was 6-5 jordan.I watched proctor/jordan yesterday w/ some maryville parents and a shoulder had nothing to do with that match PROCTOR IS RANKED #1 for a reason,Proctor just beat him fair n square. JUST LIKE JORDAN BEAT MANNING FAIR N SQUARE.INJURIES are part of it.Luck plays into alot of it,staying healthly etc.. the JORDAN KID will be in the mix for years to come just as MANNING and others. good luck to everyone tonight.

You're thinking of a different JORDAN, the JORDAN they are speaking of is HAYDEN JORDAN a 125 for Clarksville. He has had an injured shoulder for a while and the William Blount guy was riding legs and trying to turn Hayden. It just so happened that he cranked on his bad arm a time or two (not mean spirited just working his butt off to get to the finals) and the match was stopped a time or two. With 39 seconds left Hayden hurt it again and was down by 6 so Coach Jordan ended the match. I'm sure he stopped it due to the fact that Hayden is a freshman and has many matches ahead of him and as I have thought for years that this kid is going to be great, showed just that this week. I wish Hayden the best of luck in the years to come. I can't wait to see the youngest Jordan (Satchel, sp?) wrestle in high school. I had a conversation with the 7 year old yesterday and he informed me that he'd been "playing" wrestling since he was 3 and was undefeated. Him being the youngest of 5 brothers and sisters tough as nails, you won't be able to expect anything less from him. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

All this yelling about JORDAN makes me feel as if I'm watching a Chicago Bulls final back in the 1990's. Easy mistake