who will win the Portland and Trousdale game

jacketpride16

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say is the Yellow Jackets had better perform better than last week b/c there is nothing more dangeruos than a wounded Panther! This could quite possibly be the best game to watch next week! BTW how is the Harper kid, I sincerly hope he is not hurt bad? :)

[Edited by slim589 on 9-1-02 4:13P]

Honestly, Portland cannot even think about Trousdale at this point, because York is a formidable opponent coming off a win last week and an 8-2 season a year ago. What presses the issue even more is that Franklin, KY, who was supposed to be young this year, opened the season with a 57-23 win over Greenwood High School in Bowling Green, KY. Portland has to travel to play them. The only thing I can predict about the game is that Portland will assuredly be battle tested. I hope they can stay healthy. As for Trousdale, they should have no problem in weeks two and three with Cannon and Westmoreland. Although Westmoreland will play hard, I think they are just outmanned in this one. Trust me, Portland cannot afford to even think about a week four matchup, Trousdale, on the other hand, can plan all they want, and obviously that is an advantage.

Posted by tbp0137:

Honestly, Portland cannot even think about Trousdale at this point, because York is a formidable opponent coming off a win last week and an 8-2 season a year ago. What presses the issue even more is that Franklin, KY, who was supposed to be young this year, opened the season with a 57-23 win over Greenwood High School in Bowling Green, KY. Portland has to travel to play them. The only thing I can predict about the game is that Portland will assuredly be battle tested. I hope they can stay healthy. As for Trousdale, they should have no problem in weeks two and three with Cannon and Westmoreland. Although Westmoreland will play hard, I think they are just outmanned in this one. Trust me, Portland cannot afford to even think about a week four matchup, Trousdale, on the other hand, can plan all they want, and obviously that is an advantage.

Portland had a couple of players hurt early in the game vs White House. What is their status?

It's really hard to say...they are all injuries that are of the nagging nature that will depend on the individual. I think it's safe to say that these people won't miss an entire season, but the hard part is determining when they can play, and if they do, are they jepordizing missing more playing time by aggravating the injury. I realize this is vague at best, but obviously I don't want to pinpoint the people or the injury on the board, but as far as the extent, ANY injury hurts the Panthers as they are thin at all positions right now. :)

Posted by SCRAPPY:

Trousdale limped to the finish Friday night. I wouldn't call that their A-game and Clint sure didn't after the game. However, I saw both games too. Trousdale is far more talented than Portland and - with that game in Hartsville - I'd say it'll be a long trip home for the Panthers.

Trousdale by two touchdowns and a two point conversion [missed extra point at sometime in the game] (14).

Just a wild guess? :D

I can't go agianst the purple blood that runs in my veins. I say Portland wins by one touchdown or less! Portland will come out of the gates strong after starting the season 1-2 (My prediction) and surprise the Yellow Jackets. However, The Jackets fight back in the second half, only to lose to father time. Let's go get Franklin and York before looking to TC:)