Gordonsville ........

BUBBAGUMP

Wow. . . Must have hit a nerve. LOL. No team is an easy win for the Owls, though. I assure you of that. We aren't expectin G-ville or anyone else on our schedule to be. Glad you aren't worried about us. I wouldn't be if I was the Tigers either. However, beating a higher classified school would look on your record should it come down to getting a playoff birth, if by chance you don't get one outright. We definitely have much, much more to lose in that game than you guys do. I personally don't know why we keep you on the schedule. Guess we wanna make sure you can have enough uniforms for everybody every year. And I really have no idea how good Macon or Eagleville either one is. I was merely speaking hypothetically. Well, have a good day. And calm down Bro. . .

LOW BLOW about the uniforms...

I get really tired of hearing how the Carthage -Gordonsville game means NOTHING to the ppl from Carthage. If u r truly an owl fan the tradition alone should make u love it.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

It would mean more to me to beat south pitt than carthage any day.

Sounds like somebody that experienced neither, nor intends too. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Guest Termite

LOW BLOW about the uniforms...

I get really tired of hearing how the Carthage -Gordonsville game means NOTHING to the ppl from Carthage. If u r truly an owl fan the tradition alone should make u love it.

Don't ya'll claim cover3?? I believe he is Gordansville ppl.

No more than SC ppl get tired of hearing how SC is supposed to win and G-ville is a smaller school and supposed to lose etc...

This is just my opinion and that like rumps can be claimed by anyone, some stink. MOOSE will lead the BLUE CREW back into greatness!! If he's left alone and allowed to teach these kids real football. If he's allowed to form them into the young men they MUST be to win. Moose wanted to return to Gordonsville and rebuild what had once been a wonderful program. No one can expect this miracle to happen over night, the kids and their parents have to see that Moose is there for the GOOD of them, because this man, Ronald Marshall loves football, and even more has loved Gordonsville Football for a long time.

As for the Gordonsville-Carthage game, what about it? it makes money for BOTH schools, you see lots of people you haven't seen. It's a fun night for most of us. So shush up about it !!

So if you dont have anything better to do on Friday nights why not come see what it's all about?? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'll be there!!

And the Jr High games too .. can't forget them, they're the future of Gordonsville High Football !!

• 1 month later...

I hate to break it to yall but SC will make as much or at least real close to it in several other gates besides the Gordonsville game. You can NOT say the same for your program. Laugh about it, make excuses for it, deny it. I don't care. It's simply the truth. And trying to imply that the game has as much meaning for both is ludicrous. You guys lose, Heck, you were supposed to. It's not the same anymore and we ALL know it. I agree that it can spark some momentum for the winning team but that doesn't mean that much either. We got drilled by Catholic in 05 and 06. I think we all remember the results of our next game. And we made it to the semis in 06 after that early drubbing. So, not that huge of a factor either. Once again, the game means a ton more to the blue and white than to the black and gold.

Just wondering ,though, if there is any truth to the rumors of gville being short some players early on this summer.?.?

This is just my opinion and that like rumps can be claimed by anyone, some stink. MOOSE will lead the BLUE CREW back into greatness!! If he's left alone and allowed to teach these kids real football. If he's allowed to form them into the young men they MUST be to win. Moose wanted to return to Gordonsville and rebuild what had once been a wonderful program. No one can expect this miracle to happen over night, the kids and their parents have to see that Moose is there for the GOOD of them, because this man, Ronald Marshall loves football, and even more has loved Gordonsville Football for a long time.

As for the Gordonsville-Carthage game, what about it? it makes money for BOTH schools, you see lots of people you haven't seen. It's a fun night for most of us. So shush up about it !!

So if you dont have anything better to do on Friday nights why not come see what it's all about?? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'll be there!!

And the Jr High games too .. can't forget them, they're the future of Gordonsville High Football !!

Jr. High programs are important. I agree with that. Are they a reliable measuring stick for the future or the program? NOPE!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

What is ludicrous is people in Carthage on here saying the game with Gordonsville doesn't mean nothing. I talk with people from Carthage that said that's the game they cared about, and the Gordonsville game is a good gate for ya'll as well. Smith County can't put together a 10 game schedule where every non-region game would have a bigger gate than the Gordonsville game. IMO.

Now that that's over with, here is an update on Gordonsville. They've looked good in some passing league games against White and Cannon Counties. I know White and Cannon aren't world beaters but Gville looked better than I expected due to the new offense they're running. A couple of kids have quit that would've been senior starters, oh well.

We'll still be pretty young this year, and some of our younger stars from last year have improved. Players have lost baby fat and grown up a lot. I look forward to a much better season.

What is ludicrous is people in Carthage on here saying the game with Gordonsville doesn't mean nothing. I talk with people from Carthage that said that's the game they cared about, and the Gordonsville game is a good gate for ya'll as well. Smith County can't put together a 10 game schedule where every non-region game would have a bigger gate than the Gordonsville game. IMO.

Now that that's over with, here is an update on Gordonsville. They've looked good in some passing league games against White and Cannon Counties. I know White and Cannon aren't world beaters but Gville looked better than I expected due to the new offense they're running. A couple of kids have quit that would've been senior starters, oh well.

We'll still be pretty young this year, and some of our younger stars from last year have improved. Players have lost baby fat and grown up a lot. I look forward to a much better season.

Hey Croz.......I don't know about the "mean nothing" part. Everybody wants to win them all. I think some are saying it means More to G-ville.It's a "can' lose" situation. Good gate, a win is gravy,lose"we're supposed to lose". SC is in a "can't win" situation. Good gate (some scheuled are as big) and if they win "they are supposed to win". The ones that talk about it a lot are either poking a sharp stick at you or it's the only game they go to.

No they can't put together a 10 game schedule where "every" game is bigger than G-ville...but whenever there is an open spot in the schedule...where other teams have the same date...SC gets calls from teams like Cookville, Gallatin and the likes because we bring good gates, as they will.

I usually keep up with G-ville a little bit. I haven't heard about anyone quiting. I know you can't/won't say who but were these key players??

Well, the gate is good for both teams. Gville can play bigger schools, and both schools should want to win.

Anyway, the boys that quit have all been at Carthage at one time plus one or two more that had came back out after missing last year. Oh Well.

Croz, it is better for them to quit now rather than in the 4th quarter of a game that means something.