Deonta Twilley ejected tonight

falconfan94

Shelbyville has a great team and not just two people, yes deonta is a very big part of this team. Now the kids who seems to plays in everybody else's shadow now must step their game up. Deota is a senior and a great senior and that he is. He is the best point guard in this district and region, i'll even go as far as to say in the state. So to his team mates whom he has carried on his shoulders time and time again, it is now your turn to put Tae on your shoulders and carry him all the way to the semi-finals of the region. I believe that is when he will be able to play again. You all owe this to him, play hard and figure out a way to win so he won't have to end his high school career on a sour note like this.To any other team that is excited that Tae is not playing--BEWARE-- Kevin is not just a good coach, BUT a SMART- ONE

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelbyville has a great team and not just two people, yes deonta is a very big part of this team. Now the kids who seems to plays in everybody else's shadow now must step their game up. Deota is a senior and a great senior and that he is. He is the best point guard in this district and region, i'll even go as far as to say in the state. So to his team mates whom he has carried on his shoulders time and time again, it is now your turn to put Tae on your shoulders and carry him all the way to the semi-finals of the region. I believe that is when he will be able to play again. You all owe this to him, play hard and figure out a way to win so he won't have to end his high school career on a sour note like this.To any other team that is excited that Tae is not playing--BEWARE-- Kevin is not just a good coach, BUT a SMART- ONE

Good Post /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

was at game... don't know what was seen or not seen.. but the law. co. player was called for the foul, then the contact was made... definite contact was made... have a son that was on the floor right next to the play and there was contact.

as for the ejection.. don't agree that he should have been ejected or not.. definitely a tech foul.

both teams were playing their hearts out.... overall the score a the end (a ten point win) does not show the true story of the game.

good luck to both teams as they continue their seasons.

there was no contact. the booy is bein a little cry baby.

Not sure how you can say Lawrence county players were aggressive with no calls, at one point in the game the fouls were 9-4 in favor of Lawrence County. As for the incident with Twilley, yes the Lawrence county player fouled him and there was a foul called on him but Twilley did make contact with him and after the game he had to be checked by a trainer to make sure he didn't have a concussion. Lawrence county was not anymore aggressive than Shelbyville was. Anyway good game by both teams and good luck to both on Tuesday night.

that boy never got touched. if Deonta did it purposely then the boy would have been knocked out. the boy would not be able to get up and walk away from that. so now you sit there and ask yourself. if he did hit him and he had to be checked then he needs to go back to his mommy bed and stay out the way of the big boys

It is an unfortunate incident. Shelbyville is without a very good point guard for two games. Lawrence County has a player that could have a concussion. AND... now we are blaming the officials! Where does it end? I will be the first to agree that the officiating in 8AAA has not been the best, but... show me a district who says they have had the best officiating this year!

Yes, there was a foul committed by the Lawrence County player. Yes, Twilly reacted. Yes, the officials made their call. Find the game film and watch it yourself. It is truly interesting.

Honestly, if you haven't gone back and watched film several times, then you need to hut up and stay out. not bein disrepsectful or anything but im the videographer for the eagles. i have watched it numerous times. he never made contact. look at it like this. the boy played the rest of the game and made a few jump shots. so think about that.

WOOOOOOWWWWW it has been told today that there is not an appeal process in the TSSAA for an officials judgement call. This confirms my beliefs all along---these fools are not accountable for anything while a 17/18 year old kid is being punished for an unintentional act. There is something wrong with this picture!!! Game film clearly shows no contact made with boys head or face. What a shame. School administrators should demand that this be looked at and adjustments made.

Good luck KT and the mighty Eagles!!!

WOOOOOOWWWWW it has been told today that there is not an appeal process in the TSSAA for an officials judgement call. This confirms my beliefs all along---these fools are not accountable for anything while a 17/18 year old kid is being punished for an unintentional act. There is something wrong with this picture!!! Game film clearly shows no contact made with boys head or face. What a shame. School administrators should demand that this be looked at and adjustments made.

Good luck KT and the mighty Eagles!!!

LOL

If that player needed to be checked for a concussion why was he in the game in the 4th quarter???

The TSSAA does need to not allow deliberate fighting to take place. Did the LC player deliberately bear hug Deonta...or was that an unintentional?

This has nothing to do with the TSSAA. This official took his opportunity to retaliate against shelbyville. I'm sure he will be corrected by the TSSAA.

An Academy award should be handed out on that reaction by the LC player. Sort of like a punter faking when he gets brushed by an opposing player.

AND----- its hard for anyone that doesn't know Deonta to even comment on his intentions. He is no more aggressive than any other player in district 8AAA ... He just wants to play basketball without the BS that he has been dealing with down the stretch of his senior season.

The only reason the LC player was checked for a concussion was for precautionary reasons because his pupils were enlarged after the game. It may not look like contact was made because it was a glancing blow. That will not be seen on game film from that far away. Contact was made and the ejection may have been a little extreme but dont accuse the LC player of faking the contact.