Deonta Twilley ejected tonight

falconfan94

Philosophy????? JAB? I'm amazed that anyone would call this event a jab. Maybe I was at a different game.

Don't even make a comment on Deonta and his intent unless you know him personally. You have no idea about this young man!

Hand checking and bear hugging are a bit different.. I think. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Philosophy????? JAB? I'm amazed that anyone would call this event a jab. Maybe I was at a different game.

Don't even make a comment on Deonta and his intent unless you know him personally. You have no idea about this young man!

Simply used your term from earlier comment i.e. jab. Again my point is that while we do not know the intent (only twilley can answer that), if the officials percieve a flagrant foul it is within the scope to eject a player.

And I don't believe anyone is saying the LC player did not foul.

Unsure as to your philosophy here. 'Amazing' talents do not give license to jab another player! Perhaps this is learned from pro athletes down; but right is right , and the intent of the rule is to prevent players from hurting others. There is a bigger lesson here, and should not be washed away because of 'spectacular' play.

In the games that i've seen Shelbyville is not innocent of playing aggressive style also; in fact Twilley is one of the most proficient hand-checkers in the league and gets away with it night after night. All said, though, he does handle the ball very well and is an excellent passer.

Again the whole "JAB" talk is amazing. I guess my thoughts on jabbing or deliberately hitting someone is different. By the way hand-checking is part of the game, bear hugging is not.

Also some of these other coaches need to get control of their kids. There is a fine line in aggressive play and trying to hurt anothe player. Twilley and Andrews have been targets for some time lately. If you can't control your players maybe you need to look into other jobs. Directed at you Coffee Co. coach.

Another thing that bothers me is the coach from Franklin County who voted Andrews the 15th best player in the Distrct to get his player a tie for Distrcit player of year. Can you say ETHICS in Franklin County?

I wasn't at the game, so I am not going to comment on something I don't know. But I will say this. At the Forrest/Cascade game this past week, a punch was thrown during a loose ball on the floor. Everyone on that side of the gym saw it but amazingly, the 3 officials didn't. Later in the game, that same player, "inadvertently", hit one of our players in the nose and eye. Not even a foul was called on either offense. Officials let things get out of hand to the point where bad things do happen. Before anyone says, the officials just didn't see it, two of the referees on the loose ball on the floor were within 10 feet of the punch.

Simply used your term from earlier comment i.e. jab. Again my point is that while we do not know the intent (only twilley can answer that), if the officials percieve a flagrant foul it is within the scope to eject a player.

And I don't believe anyone is saying the LC player did not foul.

I would hardly use the term "JAB" to describe this incident. A more accurate description would probably be: struggle, shrug, twist, scuffle (maybe), but JAB is an indication that the player threw a fist. That simply didn't happen. It happened right in front of me. He tried to shrug the other player off his back and threw his arms up to break free. The other player responded more violently than Deonta ever acted the entire incident. Deonta never said anything until the official ejected him. At that point he asked the official why he was being ejected.

So please, all of you people that hate Shelbyville, don't use the term JAB or Punch to describe the actions of this player.

I know its hard to take getting beat for 5 years by one team, but believe me Shelbyville has been in that dungeon before as well and I'm sure we'll be there again one day. Kevin Thomas has done an outstanding job turning this program around and deserves better than the petty jealousy that is floating around. Instead, everyone needs to pull for one another as we enter the region tournament.

Good Luck, Columbia, FC, LC & Go Eagles!

I would hardly use the term "JAB" to describe this incident. A more accurate description would probably be: struggle, shrug, twist, scuffle (maybe), but JAB is an indication that the player threw a fist. That simply didn't happen. It happened right in front of me. He tried to shrug the other player off his back and threw his arms up to break free. The other player responded more violently than Deonta ever acted the entire incident. Deonta never said anything until the official ejected him. At that point he asked the official why he was being ejected.

So please, all of you people that hate Shelbyville, don't use the term JAB or Punch to describe the actions of this player.

I know its hard to take getting beat for 5 years by one team, but believe me Shelbyville has been in that dungeon before as well and I'm sure we'll be there again one day. Kevin Thomas has done an outstanding job turning this program around and deserves better than the petty jealousy that is floating around. Instead, everyone needs to pull for one another as we enter the region tournament.

Good Luck, Columbia, FC, LC & Go Eagles!

'Hate' is a strong word but competitive dislike would be more appropriate. Again, the term 'jab' was from your comment.

As a point, earlier in the same game Andrews was obviously fouled on a shot and no call was made. A technical was called on him, presumably for something he said. The lesson for these young men is that retaliation or misappropriate language is still not right, even if they were 'wronged' first.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As for the Cascade game there was never a punch thrown in that game. The play you referred to did have a player dive on another player inadvertently because of the slow whistle on the walk.

Again the whole "JAB" talk is amazing. I guess my thoughts on jabbing or deliberately hitting someone is different. By the way hand-checking is part of the game, bear hugging is not.

Also some of these other coaches need to get control of their kids. There is a fine line in aggressive play and trying to hurt anothe player. Twilley and Andrews have been targets for some time lately. If you can't control your players maybe you need to look into other jobs. Directed at you Coffee Co. coach.

Another thing that bothers me is the coach from Franklin County who voted Andrews the 15th best player in the Distrct to get his player a tie for Distrcit player of year. Can you say ETHICS in Franklin County?

you have spoken well about those who don't know Twilley, should not judge intentions... please, don't you violate your own encouragement to not judge, by your judging the intentions of the other coaches..

the officials usually control the tempo of the game.... they either let it get out of control by not calling the game close or they call a close game and try to control the tempo.

it matters not what the LC player was doing, Twilley reacted on his own accord... he is responsible for his actions, just like the LC player is responsible for his actions... no one made him throw his elbow, just like no one made the LC player reach around Twilley.

again, apply your own logic to this, and let it stand for what it is, whatever happens now is up to the powers that be.

i suggest that TSSAA intiate an evaluation system for the officials, in which they are evaluated at three or more games at the first of the year, and random evaluations throughout the remainder of the season. then the officials have to be accountable for their actions. as far as i know, the officials in TSSAA are the only ones who are accountable to NO ONE in life. That needs to change to ensure that they stay on top of their game.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As for the Cascade game there was never a punch thrown in that game. The play you referred to did have a player dive on another player inadvertently because of the slow whistle on the walk.

You are wrong. I was there. Saw it with my own two eyes as did everyone else on that side of the gym.

you have spoken well about those who don't know Twilley, should not judge intentions... please, don't you violate your own encouragement to not judge, by your judging the intentions of the other coaches..

the officials usually control the tempo of the game.... they either let it get out of control by not calling the game close or they call a close game and try to control the tempo.

it matters not what the LC player was doing, Twilley reacted on his own accord... he is responsible for his actions, just like the LC player is responsible for his actions... no one made him throw his elbow, just like no one made the LC player reach around Twilley.

again, apply your own logic to this, and let it stand for what it is, whatever happens now is up to the powers that be.

i suggest that TSSAA intiate an evaluation system for the officials, in which they are evaluated at three or more games at the first of the year, and random evaluations throughout the remainder of the season. then the officials have to be accountable for their actions. as far as i know, the officials in TSSAA are the only ones who are accountable to NO ONE in life. That needs to change to ensure that they stay on top of their game.

You are exactly correct Twilley is and is being held accountable for his actions. Most likely a 2 game suspension. You mention the other kid being responsible for his---are you suggesting a consequence--give me a break.

I do totally agree with you on the TSSAA officials---No accountability at all. Maybe a change is needed in the upper administration within the TSSAA if that is truely the case.

well i'am neutral in all this but i didn't think he should have been ejected

but the real problem tonight was the guy(who i think was from lincoln or coffee co)walked in front of the shelbyville bench and treatened all the coaches

luckily a tullahoma policeman quickly got the idiot out of the gym before he got attacked by shelbyville fans

plus the tullahoma administration during the altercation was promtly sitting on there butts when everyone was fighting

Oh get your story straight..the Tullahoma administration has many jobs to perform during a game and cannot be faulted because of one parent. Sounds like to me that there might be sour grapes here. I can say without a doubt that Tullahoma provides a great tournament atmosphere and runs it very well indeed. Now Come On!!!!!!