District 13 AA Championship

beavo5

1. lord lord lord. obviously some of you dont read/ or remember all my post. i'm the same one that said it was wrong of somebody that said " all DC fans are worthless."

2. Yankee: I did say that GC fans were just as fairweather and bad as DC but i stated that they were not posting left and right on the Girls board about how great of fans they were! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

3. adsmom: No, many of those that have agreed with things I have to say are DC fans! Sometimes right is right and wrong is wrong no matter what color shirt you wear on tuesday and friday nights!

4. volman: "what gives me the right to try and start a sensible debate...: ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I have the right just as anyone to say anything on here and just like adsmom or yankee: yes i do hold a lot of stock in my opinion just as they do theirs and you do yours... otherwise why would be even bother giving our opinions?!?!?! You act as though b/c I dont agree with evertying you and your comrades say I shouldnt even state my opinon! That First Amendment is a heckuva thing aint it!!!!

5. yankee: as for higher levels and getten eaten alive... ummmm... i played college ball and have assisted in college b/f and did just fine. nobody will ever eat me alive in anything! ... unless i happen to be toe to toe with a tiger or something.

6. yankee: i'm not morrally superior to anyone and i'm just trying to say that we should all strive to be better. I admit my mistakes and have make many as a coach out of anger or frustration. adsmom: I obvously am not scared to say anything to anybody's face!

7. To all: If you must know the truth I actually voted for McCord in COY twice!!! I have sang the praises of CJ numerous times in the past two years! I said Hudson should have made the all distirct tourney team. If McCord is getting threats and such then that is just insane and really goes to show you the exact point i'm trying to make: people are threatining a man over: HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL GAMES!!!!!!!!!!! Does that make it more understandable now? Seems like the biggest problem is if ANYBODY says anything ( and i understand the whole "R" word getting thrown around without justification gets very annoiying) that is not a glowing reviw of DC all the DC posters on here have a *&^%^$%@ fit.

anyway, lets just say we will most likely never come to an agreement and all this posting is just a half decent way to pass the time and try to share our opinions.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. lord lord lord. obviously some of you dont read/ or remember all my post. i'm the same one that said it was wrong of somebody that said " all DC fans are worthless."

2. Yankee: I did say that GC fans were just as fairweather and bad as DC but i stated that they were not posting left and right on the Girls board about how great of fans they were! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

3. adsmom: No, many of those that have agreed with things I have to say are DC fans! Sometimes right is right and wrong is wrong no matter what color shirt you wear on tuesday and friday nights!

4. volman: "what gives me the right to try and start a sensible debate...: ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I have the right just as anyone to say anything on here and just like adsmom or yankee: yes i do hold a lot of stock in my opinion just as they do theirs and you do yours... otherwise why would be even bother giving our opinions?!?!?! You act as though b/c I dont agree with evertying you and your comrades say I shouldnt even state my opinon! That First Amendment is a heckuva thing aint it!!!!

5. yankee: as for higher levels and getten eaten alive... ummmm... i played college ball and have assisted in college b/f and did just fine. nobody will ever eat me alive in anything! ... unless i happen to be toe to toe with a tiger or something.

6. yankee: i'm not morrally superior to anyone and i'm just trying to say that we should all strive to be better. I admit my mistakes and have make many as a coach out of anger or frustration. adsmom: I obvously am not scared to say anything to anybody's face!

7. To all: If you must know the truth I actually voted for McCord in COY twice!!! I have sang the praises of CJ numerous times in the past two years! I said Hudson should have made the all distirct tourney team. If McCord is getting threats and such then that is just insane and really goes to show you the exact point i'm trying to make: people are threatining a man over high school basketball games!!!!!!!!!!! Does that make it more understandable now? Seems like the biggest problem is if ANYBODY says anything ( and i understand the whole "R" word getting thrown around without justification gets very annoiying) that is not a glowing reviw of DC all the DC posters on here have a *&^%^$%@ fit.

anyway, lets just say we will most likely never come to an agreement and all this posting is just a half decent way to pass the time and try to share our opinions.

I wasn't even talking about athletics. I'm talking about the real world where people have top perform AT A MUCH HIGHER LEVEL THATN ANYTHING ON A FIELD OR BASKETBALL COURT. You think sports is pressure.....sports is nothing in the grand scheme of things...TRUST ME!!!!!!! Try all that high and mighty stuff with a manager knocking down triple figures or somebody in the real trenches every single day who is trying to keep 50, 100, 500, 1000, 2000 people a paycheck every week....see how far it gets you. Thats pressure!!!!!

Anyway, like I said I respect you as a coach and as a man. BTW, I gave you glowing reviews long before I ever came to coacht (when you were a coach at GC)..... To friends of mine. I actualyy said if this guy was in a different situation he would have alot of success. The thing that upsets some people is the R word because people start rumors and do the character assination thing.....people that don't have a clue. Wonder how people would like it if they and not McCord's actual real name was posted on a message board for the whole world to see...using inflamatory language and acting like they are lowlife cheats. THINK ABOUT THAT. I'm through with this to. Time to move on.

I will just say I wasn't born yeterday and if anybody thinks they are getting over on me they are sdadly mistaken.....alot of people on here are fooled by some pf the stuff posted......I am not one of those. Some people on here think they know a little bit about me to when in truth they don't know who I know and what I know. I make the wise choice of not revealing everything. I am not a fool.

Again, your Ok with me. I just agree to disagree.

I still will not care.....sure won't. If the kids are happier there and the parents want them there then so be it.....not gonna sit here and say they were recruited. From what I understand they are getting a tremendous baseball player from Morristown....if it is the kid I'm thinking of he will be a freshman and plays with my nephew on a travel team....I'm not gonna whine and cry he didn't choose DC.... WHO AM I TO DISPUTE A PARENT'S CHOICE OF SCHOOL FOR THEIR CHILD or to insinuate what is right or wrong???? Only kid I'm raising is my own and I'd be dang if I let someone tell me where I could or could not send my child to school if I have a choice....that is people getting into familiy's lives where they HAVE NOT BEEN INVITED...What makes another person think they know what is best for someone elses child??? .this isn't directed at you...just making a point.

I agree one hundred percent. Nobody and I mean nobody tells me what to do with my kids. I knew what was best for them ALOT MORE THAN anybody else and I did just fine without anyones input. I wasn't one to sugar coat things either. I never ever lied to them about anything and taught them they were no better than anybody else, to think for themselves, and to respect others, but never to shy away from anything if they really believe in somehing.......some people don't have a clue...SERIOULSY.

I would venture to say a big reason is a chance to play. With new kids coming in to DC it takes the spots away from the "native" DC players so many would rather play then sit the bench for two or three years on a winning team; I know i'd rather play than sit no matter the case!

adsmom: since you have been very defensive about a few of my recent posts let me clarify to you: please dont take this as me saying the "R" word when refering to the new kids coming in for DC. I am in no way implying that, but the fact is they are getting a lot of NEW kids that were not from their district. True or False? Once again.... for everyone.... I AM NOT IMPLYING THEY ARE/WERE RECRUITED BUT THE FACTS ARE UNDENIABLE THAT THEY ARE NEW! Cant speak for everyone, but I am certainly not attacking DCs players or coaching staff... just the way SOME of your fans act.

Ok I have been reading the boards for the last few weeks and just shaking my head.... First off you can tell by my name I am a DC fan!! I graduated in the '80's and as far as I can remember there has been kids transfering from all the surrounding schools....always been that way always will !!!! I went to Dyersburg until I got in HS then I went to DC. It wasn't just me it was alot of kids.

I personally know two of the kids that transfered from DC to Dyersburg this year that play basketball....maybe if they would of stayed they would have gotten to play who knows but that was their choice or maybe their parents....but a smart coach will play his best players ... that is not rocket science. Some people are still talking about Cedric and him being from Halls..... well I know for a fact his mom has a job in Union City sooooo just maybe that is why they moved, it is a looong way from Halls to Union City. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ok I have been reading the boards for the last few weeks and just shaking my head.... First off you can tell by my name I am a DC fan!! I graduated in the '80's and as far as I can remember there has been kids transfering from all the surrounding schools....always been that way always will !!!! I went to Dyersburg until I got in HS then I went to DC. It wasn't just me it was alot of kids.

I personally know two of the kids that transfered from DC to Dyersburg this year that play basketball....maybe if they would of stayed they would have gotten to play who knows but that was their choice or maybe their parents....but a smart coach will play his best players ... that is not rocket science. Some people are still talking about Cedric and him being from Halls..... well I know for a fact his mom has a job in Union City sooooo just maybe that is why they moved, it is a looong way from Halls to Union City. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That makes to much sense. I don't think people will get it. Good post. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I wasn't even talking about athletics. I'm talking about the real world where people have top perform AT A MUCH HIGHER LEVEL THATN ANYTHING ON A FIELD OR BASKETBALL COURT. You think sports is pressure.....sports is nothing in the grand scheme of things...TRUST ME!!!!!!! Try all that high and mighty stuff with a manager knocking down triple figures or somebody in the real trenches every single day who is trying to keep 50, 100, 500, 1000, 2000 people a paycheck every week....see how far it gets you. Thats pressure!!!!!

Anyway, like I said I respect you as a coach and as a man. BTW, I gave you glowing reviews long before I ever came to coacht (when you were a coach at GC)..... To friends of mine. I actualyy said if this guy was in a different situation he would have alot of success. The thing that upsets some people is the R word because people start rumors and do the character assination thing.....people that don't have a clue. Wonder how people would like it if they and not McCord's actual real name was posted on a message board for the whole world to see...using inflamatory language and acting like they are lowlife cheats. THINK ABOUT THAT. I'm through with this to. Time to move on.

I will just say I wasn't born yeterday and if anybody thinks they are getting over on me they are sdadly mistaken.....alot of people on here are fooled by some pf the stuff posted......I am not one of those. Some people on here think they know a little bit about me to when in truth they don't know who I know and what I know. I make the wise choice of not revealing everything. I am not a fool.

Again, your Ok with me. I just agree to disagree.

I love pressure and actually planned on being a lawyer until i decided coaching would be more fun and rewarding. Trust me, I wouldnt break under pressure in any "real world" situation. As for the moral thing, thats kind of the whole reason we are in this mess.... greedy a*#, no moral having, being the richest, biggest, best, always winning people just kept pushing and pushing until the economy finally broke screwing millions (actually billions b/c as the US econ goes so goes the world)!!! I do understand completely your argument and I'm sure you understand mine both using the same comparisons. As for the rest, yes, we can just agree to disagree and move on. heck, if millions of Americans cant agree over if we should or shouldnt be in a WAR then we certainly wont get everyone on one accord here! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ....

going to start a new thread based on the now set Region 7 Tournament!

Coming from a school that has had a revolving door of coaches in the last few years I don't think I would talk. You WISH he would leave.

No harm intended but all of you have entirely too much time on your hands. I am amazed at how everyone on here is constantly bad mouthing each other teams, school coaches. players....etc..... I think that most of you are adults please act like it.

A good team brings great fan support .......... and fans come out of the woodwork.....4 yrs ago.... you could count on one hand the number of DC fans at the district tournament and at many of the DHS games... the support was NOT there I don't care how you CLAIM YOU SUPPORTED them. I remember 4 yrs ago the district was held at DHS and Froedden was coaching...... you could count the DC fans at their first round lost. So rather DC success is long term or short lived..... and rather their fan support is due to their recent sucess the fact is they are at the top now and I would rather see a fellow Dyer County team having this success then any other school in these parts however DC please remember the same people you past getting to your lofty perch you will past them again on your decile back down...... (if that should happen and NO I am not wishing that on you ...so please do go there)

I am a DHS fan, I love the school and everything about it, if kids want to go to DC, Lake County, GC ...Union City or where ever and for what ever reason... I say good luck and rather they are coached by McCord or Pat Summit.........great! but let's not be so mean to one another I think that many of the adults are more radical and vengeful then the kids I do realize that a lot of the OLDER DC fans... have a very bad taste for DHS for the years of Trojan domination and now you are having your moment in the sun and I say ENJOY...... but can't we all just get alone?

I have an old saying I like to throw out here, and I'd like everyone to just stop and think about it. " People who think they know everything are especially disturbing to the ones who do know everything. " /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

in my opinion dc will be losing more this year than they did last year. losing your number one scorer and also ur leading assist leader and both team leaders and two very good defenders... every time i've seen dc down this year it was one of those two who bailed them out. without cj and rex i think dc will have a tough time next year unless chris paul or steve nash transfers in... lol which is possible

Yeah. its very possible since our school recruits people so dang much... haters.. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Yeah. its very possible since our school recruits people so dang much... haters.. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

lol you dont recruit them. i admit that now. people want to go there because of the plasma screen tv's in the cafeteria /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> lol... and i never said the word recruit now did i. i just said that dc has been fortunate to have good transfers. not a hater. a disliker. but not a hater. there is a difference. gotta pay attention Mac...

Mark it here in history! this dc fan has just admitted to recruiting! lol jkjk... it happens in a whole lot more schools than just one anyways. . . so i wont waste my time with accusations which may or may NOT be true. innocent until proven guilty. good luck to dc against the top of 14aa! i'm actually pulling for u for once /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Whew........finally got to the end of all this. One day it was 3 pages now it's 20. My eyes were getting crossed reading so much I finally just skipped to the last 2 pages. LOL

All in all there are some VERY PASSIONATE fans on here and that is awesome......you all just come on out and support the springs sports once the gold balls are won. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh and make sure you bring your chair, sunscreen, gloves, hats, umbrellas, blankets and jackets cause you never know what the weather is going to be like.