District 13 AA Championship

beavo5

Could you please do it for me? I'm on my lunch break that's the only time I can get on the computer. But apparently you have lots of free time. Tell me what you find out!

Heck no...not getting any favors from me buddy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> You are the one that wants answers.....by the way..I'm grateful to be a stay at home mom...got time while kid is in school.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, its obvious the main point of my argument was missed..... YES, we all know people EVERYWHERE go to support winning teams.... my point is that I have rarely if ever seen more people be as hypocritical about they're loyalty and support of a SCHOOL (not just a single solitary team) in my life (and i've been around sport as a coaches son when they were state champs and when they struggled, player much like CJs case struggling early and being very sucessful later, coach of great teams and bad ones, and a fan)! !! Don't come on here or be out in public professing your love for your school and crying about how others treat your players unfairly by a vote but then you treat groups of YOUR OWN PLAYERS even more unfairly by ignoring them! Thats the basis of what i'm saying... in fact I'm defending a large group of DC people.... the lady choctaws (so once again dont call me a DC hater). I have not once accused DC of wrongdoing or even implied it! I have not once said those young men dont deserve every bit of success they are enjoying!! I have not once said one negative thing on here about McCord!!

... you see Mr. Yankee, and others, I'm for ALL KIDS that work hard and give their best... not just the ones that put Ws in the record books! We as adults really tend to focus too much on just winning and not LIFE! Prime example: How many of the 4 DC seniors from last year that went on to play on a college are "academically lacking" and either could not play or had to be removed at semester for grades? All four I do believe! So what does that say about how far just winning basketball games in high school will get you? And to tie it all together let me use this analogy:

The "fair weather fan" mentality will lead to a kid who played and if he grows up without a REAL plan and ends up back in Dbrug/Newburn or "anytown USA" with no degree or whatever.... since they are not "winning in life" the same way they were a few years back will the great fan base that loves(ed) them so much then go and buy them clothes, feed them, give them decent paying jobs? NOOOOOOOOOO. Does that analogy make sense to all of you intelligent enough to understand it? We need to teach the kids VALUES in all areas of life and I feel that we as a society are failing miserably and the actions of last night are a glowing example!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I truly wish these young men well and that they get back on track b/c from my experiences with them they are good kids and have the potential to be successful as adults.

AND FOR GOD SAKES PEOPLE DONT TAKE THIS AS A KNOCK OF COACH McCORD!!!! THIS IS NOT A KNOCK ON McCROD!!! THIS IS NOT A KNOCK ON McCORD! This is not a slick, tricky, backhanded, silver tounged way of blaming him. His job is to get them to win and try to teach them hard work (that should be used in all aspects) to be successful and he has certainly done that!

Your point was not missed. All I was saying is consistently put a winning product on the court and more fans will show up??¦..seems pretty simple to me. Then you get on some big kick about morals. You made the comment ???You have rarely if ever seen people be as hypocritical about they??™re loyalty in reference to DC fans (not a single solitary team) in your life??? and that you have been around sports all your life. REALLY, I have been around sports all my life as well and this isn??™t my first RODEO either. You put to much stock in message boards.Let you in on a little secret??¦??¦..if you are going to throw the DC fans under the buss go ahead and to the same to Bolivar, Jackson NS, Jackson SS, JCM, and every other school because fans simply show up in bigger numbers when teams win??¦.I don??™t know what is so hard to understand about that. You act like this is isolated to one school when in fact that??™s how it is everywhere. Perhaps if I had been in the role of playing 2nd fiddle to the Gibson County Lady Pioneers I would understand. Good thing GC boys don??™t play first and the girls 2nd. The only reason I made that comment is because you basically just came straight out and said DC had the worst fans you have ever seen (Even worse than the GC fans that never support the boys) I can??™t believe somebody would make such a blanket statement against an entire fans base while totally ignoring the fans for every other school. LET ME REPEAT THIS AGAIN??¦??¦??¦THAT??™S HOW IT IS EVERYWHERE??¦??¦If you don??™t think it is you haven??™t been around as long as you lead everyone to believe??¦..I can assure you I have been around just as long and most likely longer that you.

You see Mr. Harshaw, I??™M FOPR ALL KIDS THAT WORK HAD AND GIVE THEIR BEST TO??¦??¦??¦WHO ISN??™T? The reason some focus on winning is because its sports and they keep score??¦DOES THAT MAKE SENSE? Seems pretty simple to me. As far as the seniors having academic issues in JUCO/D1??¦that happens every day??¦??¦...DOESN??™T IT? Do colleges not have people to help kids that struggle academically? I??™M QUITE CERTAIN THESE ARE NOT THE ONLY 4 AROUND AND WON??™T BE THE LAST EITHER. It was you that went out of your way to single these four kids out ion a message board??¦.nobody else said a word.

Now, to your comment about fair weather fans. Do you not understand its sports? Doesn??™t matter what kind of fan it is (love em or hate em)??¦..It??™s not up to the fans once a kid gets out of high school to but them clothes, feed them , and give them decent paying jobs. ??¦. It??™s up to parent to do that job and if some kids don??™t get the support from home it??™s up to others to step up and do there part. You get on here and tell all of us we need to teach kids values and that we as a society are failures and that the actions of a stinking high school basketball game is a glowing example??¦.YOU DO NOT HAVE THE MORAL AUTHORITY TO GET ON HERE AND LECURE ME OR ANYONE ELSE ABOUT RIGHT FROM WRONG. Let me tell you something??¦I have hauled kids allover the southeast to boxing tournaments, paid kids membership fees (otherwise they would no be able to compete), bought Christmas for kids that otherwise would have had nothing, paid for the entire teams dinner (on my dole) many more times than one occasion, and on and on and on??¦??¦??¦AND THESE WERE NOT MY KIDS EITHER??¦GET IT. I also have two boys that no longer are at home but are doing just fine. BTW, do you have kids? And if so how old are they? NOT YOU OR ANYBODY ON THESE BOARDS HOLD THE MORAL HIGH GROUND OVER MYSELF??¦..I AM MORE THAN CAPABLE OF DOING WHAT??™S RIGHT AND KNOWING RIGHT FROM WRONG. Sometimes you are just plain full of yourself with all this moral BS??¦like the rest of society doesn??™t have a clue.

Now, about the DC fans base, the DC team, and players. You are just like a slick politician and you don??™t even know it. NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!! TRUSE ME PEOPLE CAN READ RIGHT THROUGH THAT KIND OF STUFF??¦.IT??™S SO OBVIOUS A BLIND MAN COULD SEE IT. Sometimes I honestly think you are a bit green and wet behind the ears??¦especially with all this pie in the sky stuff. Here is the deal??¦no you don??™t come out openly and say things but you jump into the conversations and without fail you always lean strongly to the side doing the bashing. Can you not see that? It??™s the EXACT same thing with the GC Boys team??¦??¦.not one bit of difference. Sometimes you just seem bitter about things. But, at the same time you try and make it appear that you are above it all and have all the answers to society??™s ills??¦..IN SPORTS AND LIFE. If you don??™t like something, somebody , or whatever just say it??¦??¦.IT??™S NOT THAT HARD.

People know exactly where I stand on things and what I think. I don??™t try to take both sides of every issue and try to fool people. Word of advice??¦you should try the same. You also have a tendency to question people??™s intelligence and act as if they don??™t understand things just because they don??™t see things your way. Trust me people understand things quite well.

I don??™t have a beef with you and respect you as a coach and as a man but all this high and mighty moral stuff is just a bit too much. I just call it like I see it and will say what I think just as you will. I??™m not here toget into a long drawn out argument either. But, I will not shy away either. I??™m not like that GC fan you slammed from pillar to post a few weeks ago. Again, not here to argue and I do respect you??¦the moral stuff was just a little overboard for me.

naaaaaayyyyyyyyy........naaaaaayyyyyyyyyy. this horse is dead. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Don't bet on it /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Yankees made a dang good post /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> MAYBE it will die away now....hopefully (doubt it though)

Your point was not missed. All I was saying is consistently put a winning product on the court and more fans will show up??¦..seems pretty simple to me. Then you get on some big kick about morals. You made the comment ???You have rarely if ever seen people be as hypocritical about they??™re loyalty in reference to DC fans (not a single solitary team) in your life??? and that you have been around sports all your life. REALLY, I have been around sports all my life as well and this isn??™t my first RODEO either. You put to much stock in message boards.Let you in on a little secret??¦??¦..if you are going to throw the DC fans under the buss go ahead and to the same to Bolivar, Jackson NS, Jackson SS, JCM, and every other school because fans simply show up in bigger numbers when teams win??¦.I don??™t know what is so hard to understand about that. You act like this is isolated to one school when in fact that??™s how it is everywhere. Perhaps if I had been in the role of playing 2nd fiddle to the Gibson County Lady Pioneers I would understand. Good thing GC boys don??™t play first and the girls 2nd. The only reason I made that comment is because you basically just came straight out and said DC had the worst fans you have ever seen (Even worse than the GC fans that never support the boys) I can??™t believe somebody would make such a blanket statement against an entire fans base while totally ignoring the fans for every other school. LET ME REPEAT THIS AGAIN??¦??¦??¦THAT??™S HOW IT IS EVERYWHERE??¦??¦If you don??™t think it is you haven??™t been around as long as you lead everyone to believe??¦..I can assure you I have been around just as long and most likely longer that you.

You see Mr. Harshaw, I??™M FOPR ALL KIDS THAT WORK HAD AND GIVE THEIR BEST TO??¦??¦??¦WHO ISN??™T? The reason some focus on winning is because its sports and they keep score??¦DOES THAT MAKE SENSE? Seems pretty simple to me. As far as the seniors having academic issues in JUCO/D1??¦that happens every day??¦??¦...DOESN??™T IT? Do colleges not have people to help kids that struggle academically? I??™M QUITE CERTAIN THESE ARE NOT THE ONLY 4 AROUND AND WON??™T BE THE LAST EITHER. It was you that went out of your way to single these four kids out ion a message board??¦.nobody else said a word.

Now, to your comment about fair weather fans. Do you not understand its sports? Doesn??™t matter what kind of fan it is (love em or hate em)??¦..It??™s not up to the fans once a kid gets out of high school to but them clothes, feed them , and give them decent paying jobs. ??¦. It??™s up to parent to do that job and if some kids don??™t get the support from home it??™s up to others to step up and do there part. You get on here and tell all of us we need to teach kids values and that we as a society are failures and that the actions of a stinking high school basketball game is a glowing example??¦.YOU DO NOT HAVE THE MORAL AUTHORITY TO GET ON HERE AND LECURE ME OR ANYONE ELSE ABOUT RIGHT FROM WRONG. Let me tell you something??¦I have hauled kids allover the southeast to boxing tournaments, paid kids membership fees (otherwise they would no be able to compete), bought Christmas for kids that otherwise would have had nothing, paid for the entire teams dinner (on my dole) many more times than one occasion, and on and on and on??¦??¦??¦AND THESE WERE NOT MY KIDS EITHER??¦GET IT. I also have two boys that no longer are at home but are doing just fine. BTW, do you have kids? And if so how old are they? NOT YOU OR ANYBODY ON THESE BOARDS HOLD THE MORAL HIGH GROUND OVER MYSELF??¦..I AM MORE THAN CAPABLE OF DOING WHAT??™S RIGHT AND KNOWING RIGHT FROM WRONG. Sometimes you are just plain full of yourself with all this moral BS??¦like the rest of society doesn??™t have a clue.

Now, about the DC fans base, the DC team, and players. You are just like a slick politician and you don??™t even know it. NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!! TRUSE ME PEOPLE CAN READ RIGHT THROUGH THAT KIND OF STUFF??¦.IT??™S SO OBVIOUS A BLIND MAN COULD SEE IT. Sometimes I honestly think you are a bit green and wet behind the ears??¦especially with all this pie in the sky stuff. Here is the deal??¦no you don??™t come out openly and say things but you jump into the conversations and without fail you always lean strongly to the side doing the bashing. Can you not see that? It??™s the EXACT same thing with the GC Boys team??¦??¦.not one bit of difference. Sometimes you just seem bitter about things. But, at the same time you try and make it appear that you are above it all and have all the answers to society??™s ills??¦..IN SPORTS AND LIFE. If you don??™t like something, somebody , or whatever just say it??¦??¦.IT??™S NOT THAT HARD.

People know exactly where I stand on things and what I think. I don??™t try to take both sides of every issue and try to fool people. Word of advice??¦you should try the same. You also have a tendency to question people??™s intelligence and act as if they don??™t understand things just because they don??™t see things your way. Trust me people understand things quite well.

I don??™t have a beef with you and respect you as a coach and as a man but all this high and mighty moral stuff is just a bit too much. I just call it like I see it and will say what I think just as you will. I??™m not here toget into a long drawn out argument either. But, I will not shy away either. I??™m not like that GC fan you slammed from pillar to post a few weeks ago. Again, not here to argue and I do respect you??¦the moral stuff was just a little overboard for me.

hahaha... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> all that typing and you didnt say anything! once again, its obvioius my entire point is missed! yes, its sports and winning is important, but its NOT ALL ABOUT WINNING AT THIS LEVEL! THESE ARE AMATURE SPORTS! THESE KIDS DONT GET PAID! And as i have said numerous times, fans everywhere are fair weather, but I have not seen such a large majority act like they are not and bash other fan bases then get upset the first time somebody says anything about them and thier RECORD of being fair weather themselves.... or maybe you just dont know the defination of hypocrisy!?!?!?!?! And last i cheked this is not a board about milan or Jackson NS/ SS, or any other team and to be honest i cant comment on them specifically b/c i never got a chance to watch them when they were great compared to when they were struggling!

As for being green or wet behind the ears or always bashing and being on a negative side: go back and actually read my post... you obviously dont know me too well; not that it really matters! Not like i actually expected to make some of you soo stuck in your own ways understand!!! I just like to try and make sensible arguments to make people think about things whether they agree or not!

Well, anyway, unless something is directed specifically at me I'm gonna just let it go... no sense in just arguing with the same one or two people that will never understand. The ones that know the points i'm TRYING to stress already got it!

hahaha... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> all that typing and you didnt say anything! once again, its obvioius my entire point is missed! yes, its sports and winning is important, but its NOT ALL ABOUT WINNING AT THIS LEVEL! THESE ARE AMATURE SPORTS! THESE KIDS DONT GET PAID! And as i have said numerous times, fans everywhere are fair weather, but I have not seen such a large majority act like they are not and bash other fan bases then get upset the first time somebody says anything about them and thier RECORD of being fair weather themselves.... or maybe you just dont know the defination of hypocrisy!?!?!?!?! And last i cheked this is not a board about milan or Jackson NS/ SS, or any other team and to be honest i cant comment on them specifically b/c i never got a chance to watch them when they were great compared to when they were struggling!

As for being green or wet behind the ears or always bashing and being on a negative side: go back and actually read my post... you obviously dont know me too well; not that it really matters! Not like i actually expected to make some of you soo stuck in your own ways understand!!! I just like to try and make sensible arguments to make people think about things whether they agree or not!

Well, anyway, unless something is directed specifically at me I'm gonna just let it go... no sense in just arguing with the same one or two people that will never understand. The ones that know the points i'm TRYING to stress already got it!

Look Mr Harshaw, I as well as others understand things perfectly well. If you don't think I said anything that makes sense that cool...that just tells me you REALLY DON'T GET IT...SERIOULSY. Last I checked this wasnt about you lecturing everybody on morals and right from wrong either. I asked you a simple question.....DO YUO HAVE KIDS AND IF SO HOW MANY?

It's obvious you are still a bit young and kinda green. As far as understanding you my friend just don't get it. Not sure if you live a sheltered exisitence or whatever but you get out in the real world away from middleschool and highschool sports and you would be eaten alive. One day you will understand exactlyu what i'm talking about...obviously you are still a bit aways at this point thouh.

BTW, I like to make sensible arguments to and go back ad forth. I CAN ASSURE YOU OR AYONE ELSE ON HERE I AM NEITHER STUPID NOR DUMB AND I UNDERSTAND THINGS QUITE WELL. All I ws doing is just telling you to be a stand up guy and just say it if you don't like something or somebody...IT'S NOT THAT HARD...You are using the oldest trick in the book and it's so plain to see....PERHAPS it's your youth and inexpierence that prevents you from seeing what's clearly right in front of you.....I USED TO BE THE SAME WAY. Just remeber people are not fools.

What gives you the right to even think you can start sensible arguements to make ppl think about things whether they agree or not? Dude. Just because you think it doesn`t make it right. You really think way to much of yourself and your opinions.

hahaha... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> all that typing and you didnt say anything! once again, its obvioius my entire point is missed! The ones that know the points i'm TRYING to stress already got it!

And obviously the points he was making you missed.....The ones that GOT your posts are DC haters...they will chew on anything about DC they can get their hands on.....you will get a fan club in them. We could all go on and on about this....no one will ever agree...everyone has their own opinions. I WILL SAY AGAIN>>>IF DC HAD A LOSING RECORD NONE OF THIS WOULD BE AN ISSUE.......OR IF OTHER SCHOOLS DISSING HIM, HAD HIM AS A COACH>>>>THEY WOULD BE DEFENDING HIM. I'm old enough to realize as an adult you DO NOT go around questioning someone's integrity constantly and without provocation....almost EVERY SINGLE DAY. Man has a great wife and beautiful kids and he gets hate mail from people....small simple-minded envious people with little or no backbone. ANYTHING I say on here I'd say to anyone's face....doubt the same can be said of 90% of the people that post on here.

I understand that....seems we are the ONLY ones talked about....I personally know more than one kid that attends DMS and they do not live in the county and are VERY good athletes and will go to DHS....I don't care!!!! They are good kids and if that is where they go then fine by me....the "R" allegations are just getting old...not saying you are saying that but it is just worn out.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> I'll be glad to sum this one up. If DC were not doing so well, people would give a rats @$$ about the new kids coming in. The same way with Dburg. They did not have a "winning record" so no one really cared that they had kids from DC who played on their JV team. Come next year, if they have a winning record, the choir will be singing about kids going to Dburg from DC. I GUARANTEE YOU IF THEY POST A WINNING RECORD NEXT YEAR, EVERYONE WHO IS SAYING LET A KID GO WHERE HE WANTS TO GO TO SCHOOL..............WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE DC KIDS AT DBURG!

It really only seems to matter when success is involved /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> I'll be glad to sum this one up. If DC were not doing so well, people would give a rats @$$ about the new kids coming in. The same way with Dburg. They did not have a "winning record" so no one really cared that they had kids from DC who played on their JV team. Come next year, if they have a winning record, the choir will be singing about kids going to Dburg from DC. I GUARANTEE YOU IF THEY POST A WINNING RECORD NEXT YEAR, EVERYONE WHO IS SAYING LET A KID GO WHERE HE WANTS TO GO TO SCHOOL..............WILL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE DC KIDS AT DBURG!

It really only seems to matter when success is involved /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I still will not care.....sure won't. If the kids are happier there and the parents want them there then so be it.....not gonna sit here and say they were recruited. From what I understand they are getting a tremendous baseball player from Morristown....if it is the kid I'm thinking of he will be a freshman and plays with my nephew on a travel team....I'm not gonna whine and cry he didn't choose DC.... WHO AM I TO DISPUTE A PARENT'S CHOICE OF SCHOOL FOR THEIR CHILD or to insinuate what is right or wrong???? Only kid I'm raising is my own and I'd be dang if I let someone tell me where I could or could not send my child to school if I have a choice....that is people getting into familiy's lives where they HAVE NOT BEEN INVITED...What makes another person think they know what is best for someone elses child??? .this isn't directed at you...just making a point.

Matt...honest to God kiddo...you need to stop this before you get in over your head. This is friendly advice .......your team is out for the year, you have baseball...go SUPPORT YOUR team. Not trying to start a red scare for cripe sake.....you really have NO IDEA what you are doing....and aren't you suppose to be in class....they let ya'll stay on CoachT all morning at school?????? Difference with me is I DO know alot of things....that are very much true....I believe in people crashing and burning by their own doing...you will learn that when you get older. Nothing good comes of what you have been doing with these threads.

First off, I have student assistant first hour in school, meaning I don't have a class. Thanks for trying to be my mom though.

Second, maybe my earlier post wasn't clear; I KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I am very aware about what you are talking about. Just as much as you are. I have my own sources.

I know what my limitations are. I know exactly what I can say and what I can't say.

Exactly what have I "been doing" that nothing good will come from?

I still will not care.....sure won't. If the kids are happier there and the parents want them there then so be it.....not gonna sit here and say they were recruited. From what I understand they are getting a tremendous baseball player from Morristown....if it is the kid I'm thinking of he will be a freshman and plays with my nephew on a travel team....big deal....who AM I to argue with another parents choice about were their kid attends school????????

Easy now........ This wasn't directed at you, but it will happen from some and we know it. The point was that if DC weren't successful this year, you would not hear any complaining from others. It is SUCCESS that people want to pounce on. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />