District 13 AA Championship

beavo5

I would venture to say a big reason is a chance to play. With new kids coming in to DC it takes the spots away from the "native" DC players so many would rather play then sit the bench for two or three years on a winning team; I know i'd rather play than sit no matter the case!

adsmom: since you have been very defensive about a few of my recent posts let me clarify to you: please dont take this as me saying the "R" word when refering to the new kids coming in for DC. I am in no way implying that, but the fact is they are getting a lot of NEW kids that were not from their district. True or False? Once again.... for everyone.... I AM NOT IMPLYING THEY ARE/WERE RECRUITED BUT THE FACTS ARE UNDENIABLE THAT THEY ARE NEW! Cant speak for everyone, but I am certainly not attacking DCs players or coaching staff... just the way SOME of your fans act.

I understand that....seems we are the ONLY ones talked about....I personally know more than one kid that attends DMS and they do not live in the county and are VERY good athletes and will go to DHS....I don't care!!!! They are good kids and if that is where they go then fine by me....the "R" allegations are just getting old...not saying you are saying that but it is just worn out.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he should go to college. Then you could say the nasty "R" word and not have to beat around the bush! I'm sure everyone of these kids from other places all woke up one morning and said "hey I want to go to Dyer County". You can say all you want about "No wrong doing", but somebody put the ideal in these kids head. I'm not saying it was the coach, I'm not saying it wasn't the coach. I don't know who it was, but it was somebody. You don't see kids suddenly going to Union City which has had by far more success than Dyer County.

I think he should go to college. Then you could say the nasty "R" word and not have to beat around the bush! I'm sure everyone of these kids from other places all woke up one morning and said "hey I want to go to Dyer County". You can say all you want about "No wrong doing", but somebody put the ideal in these kids head. I'm not saying it was the coach, I'm not saying it wasn't the coach. I don't know who it was, but it was somebody. You don't see kids suddenly going to Union City which has had by far more success than Dyer County.

I know my nephew and his friends in 8th grade all try to get their buddies they play travel ball with to come to DC....know Hudson plays travel ball with some kids from DC. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Dunno if you have kids but they do stuff like that....while you are at it why not get Hudson and Janes parents phone numbers and call them up and ask them.....THEN you can travel around to all the other schools in West Tenn. and ask every student at those schools that did not attend their jr. high WHY they choose to go to school where they do. Go ask the kids at DMS that are from other counties why they chose to go to D-burg instead of Halls or Ripley or LC. I'd get started today if I were you!!!!! Speaking of UC...what about the students that have left there to go to OC....there have been quite a few...wanna go there and ask them???? I sure don't see any UC fans on here whining about it...they accept it and move on and are not ate up with it. While you are at it...why don't you start a petition to stop kids from playing travel ball or AAU with kids from different counties in case God Forbid they become friends and want to go to school with their friends. NONE of the issues would be discussed if the man had a losing record....NOW WOULD THEY??????????????????????????????????????????

Could you please do it for me? I'm on my lunch break that's the only time I can get on the computer. But apparently you have lots of free time. Tell me what you find out! No the man doesn't have a losing record. That's the whole point. Just the teams who he gets his players from have losing records. Do you not think people from Halls should be upset, people from Gibson County, Ripley, or wherever, when they lose the best players from their community. These places have just as much pride as Dyer Co. There is nothing more exciting to a lot of people than High School sports. Just like you, I've read your post about the kids from Northview and how excited you are about them coming to High School. Would you not be hurt if those kids decided to go somewhere else! But I'm sure you will say "whatever is best for the kids". Well let it happen to you and see if you jump on the bandwagon of the school they choose because of their "friends". I'm sorry but I have to go back to work now.