District 13 AA Championship

beavo5

I am a dc fan and completely agree with your post. The holier than thou attitude from some people is getting kind of annoying.

Well, by God I don't agree with it....and sure as snap not afraid to say it....it is nitpicking. This dang thread has taken more turns than a country backroad. The kids played great....proud of them and their coach. They have accomplished alot this year and my praises to McCord, Beck and rest of coaching staff....great job guys.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you see others dawging them? saying they're cheaters? saying they should be disqualified? because some boys want to come play with a winning program they cant call us cheaters because players want to come play for DC!! And yes the fans poor in the better the team gets buts thats with all teams not just DC .... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well, by God I don't agree with it....and sure as snap not afraid to say it....it is nitpicking. This dang thread has taken more turns than a country backroad. The kids played great....proud of them and their coach. They have accomplished alot this year and my praises to McCord, Beck and rest of coaching staff....great job guys.

agree completely

I'm only speaking for myself here. I am not and will not spend my money watching sporting events that don't interest me. It's a fact that in every sport at every level fans come out in LARGER numbers to watch good winning teams and will not do the same to watch something less....not all fans but most. When a team is actually playing for something or the stakes are higher it stands to reason more interest and attention is paid.......DUH!!!!!! I don't care how good fan support is if you don't consistently put a winning product on the court don't count on people spending there hard earned money and time to come out. Been that way forever.....what's sad is when a team does put a winning team on the court and fans don't come out to support them...THAT HAPPENS ALOT MORE OFTEN THAN PEOPLE THINK!!!!!! Build a program and win consistently and fans will be there...that's just how it goes. Not really fair to trash fans because they don't go out and watch losing teams. Maybe it's fair to some maybe it aint....I could care less. I know I aint wasting my time with that kind of stuff. My interest is watching the highest level of talent/competition I can. I will leave it to all the others to RAH RAH over a 5 and 25 team (girls or boys)...just not my thing.

This whole thing is turning into a scorched earth deal with the entire DC program. It's really sad. Funny thing is all this nonsense is not going to somehow turn them into a losing team... AS MUCH AS SOME WANT THAT TO HAPPEN. Like I said this is getting comical......IT'S REALLY SILLY!!!!!! I think it's rather funny myself.

He said nothing about our players, coaches, or the way the kids have played. He simply pointed out that, just like every other school, DC has some fans that support one sport and not another and then say that they are the best fans in the state.

This is turning into a comedy...

Does anyone know how the Dist. 14AA tournaments winded up tonight? I could start a Reg. 7AA thread so we can all enjoy that subject, but I'm having trouble finding scores....

i heard but not for sure that haywood lost to fayette ware and covington beat northside. Not 100% but a pretty reliable source.

Fans are fans. That discussion doesn't hold much water, because there are always going to be a few that are out of control.

But here are a few things that bother me. First off, that some fans felt it necessary to boo Coach Haskins as he accepted the Coach of the Year award. Folks, that was voted on by the seven district coaches. If you're going to get mad at somebody, get mad at them. (I wonder if McCord voted for Haskins or himself? If he voted for Haskins, then you're trashing him, too.) Also, that some fans booed Milan when they received their third place award. Now maybe you had gotten mad at some Milan fans last night. But what had those players done to deserve that reaction?

By the way, and Dyer Co. fans are great because they really support their team, but I've seen some district games over the past few years (GC/Westview, Westview/OC, GC/OC, Westview/Milan, GC/Milan) where there were huge crowds. I guess if it were someone else leaving the district, they could make the same argument about being the cash cow.

Strange that there weren't nearly as many Choctaw fans last Monday night when the girls played Obion Central.

FOR THE LAST darn TIME PEOPLE, NOBODY BOOED HASKINS. THEY WERE BOOING BECAUSE THEY FELT MCCORD GOT CHEATED. Everyone tries to turn the tables and blame it all on DC when the truth of the matter is you all are the ones acting childish.

Our fan base at least doubles everyone elses and in some cases like last night even more so. You ppl hate DC because we have dominated the last 10 years. It shows each and every time some of you post that you`re eaten with jealousy and envy. You hate our fans because we show more support than any team around. GET OVER IT AND GET A LIFE. Do you really think as much shat that is posted on here about violations that TSSAA wouldn`t have looked into it by now. GIVE IT UP ! Maybe they could start a sport called "Bashing DC" then all of you would go home with a gold ball !

Our kids look at us and see that we are proud of them and are defending them by what is said on this board and by the support at the games. Wonder what all of your kids think?

This is turning into a comedy...

Does anyone know how the Dist. 14AA tournaments winded up tonight? I could start a Reg. 7AA thread so we can all enjoy that subject, but I'm having trouble finding scores....

Can't find those scores either, but I'm gonna keep trying /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just because it is over your head, don't get so upset........... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Not upset.......if you want to get into a philosophical discussion I guess we can /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Where are you from???? All these people post without telling where they are from....how convenient. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

FOR THE LAST darn TIME PEOPLE, NOBODY BOOED HASKINS. THEY WERE BOOING BECAUSE THEY FELT MCCORD GOT CHEATED. Everyone tries to turn the tables and blame it all on DC when the truth of the matter is you all are the ones acting childish.

Our fan base at least doubles everyone elses and in some cases like last night even more so. You ppl hate DC because we have dominated the last 10 years. It shows each and every time some of you post that you`re eaten with jealousy and envy. You hate our fans because we show more support than any team around. GET OVER IT AND GET A LIFE. Do you really think as much shat that is posted on here about violations that TSSAA wouldn`t have looked into it by now. GIVE IT UP ! Maybe they could start a sport called "Bashing DC" then all of you would go home with a gold ball !

Our kids look at us and see that we are proud of them and are defending them by what is said on this board and by the support at the games. Wonder what all of your kids think?

I don't really see a difference, but what I should have said is that "some fans booed as Coach Haskins accepted the Coach of the Year award." Sorry if I think that good sportsmanship is childish.

By the way, I'm probably one of the few posters on here that strongly believes that Dyer Co. has NOT violated any TSSAA rules other than the ones punished a few years back. I have no jealousy, only respect for their basketball program.

I'm only speaking for myself here. I am not and will not spend my money watching sporting events that don't interest me. It's a fact that in every sport at every level fans come out in LARGER numbers to watch good winning teams and will not do the same to watch something less....not all fans but most. When a team is actually playing for something or the stakes are higher it stands to reason more interest and attention is paid.......DUH!!!!!! I don't care how good fan support is if you don't consistently put a winning product on the court don't count on people spending there hard earned money and time to come out. Been that way forever.....what's sad is when a team does put a winning team on the court and fans don't come out to support them...THAT HAPPENS ALOT MORE OFTEN THAN PEOPLE THINK!!!!!! Build a program and win consistently and fans will be there...that's just how it goes. Not really fair to trash fans because they don't go out and watch losing teams. Maybe it's fair to some maybe it aint....I could care less. I know I aint wasting my time with that kind of stuff. My interest is watching the highest level of talent/competition I can. I will leave it to all the others to RAH RAH over a 5 and 25 team (girls or boys)...just not my thing.

This whole thing is turning into a scorched earth deal with the entire DC program. It's really sad. Funny thing is all this nonsense is not going to somehow turn them into a losing team... AS MUCH AS SOME WANT THAT TO HAPPEN. Like I said this is getting comical......IT'S REALLY SILLY!!!!!! I think it's rather funny myself.

Ok, its obvious the main point of my argument was missed..... YES, we all know people EVERYWHERE go to support winning teams.... my point is that I have rarely if ever seen more people be as hypocritical about they're loyalty and support of a SCHOOL (not just a single solitary team) in my life (and i've been around sport as a coaches son when they were state champs and when they struggled, player much like CJs case struggling early and being very sucessful later, coach of great teams and bad ones, and a fan)! !! Don't come on here or be out in public professing your love for your school and crying about how others treat your players unfairly by a vote but then you treat groups of YOUR OWN PLAYERS even more unfairly by ignoring them! Thats the basis of what i'm saying... in fact I'm defending a large group of DC people.... the lady choctaws (so once again dont call me a DC hater). I have not once accused DC of wrongdoing or even implied it! I have not once said those young men dont deserve every bit of success they are enjoying!! I have not once said one negative thing on here about McCord!!

... you see Mr. Yankee, and others, I'm for ALL KIDS that work hard and give their best... not just the ones that put Ws in the record books! We as adults really tend to focus too much on just winning and not LIFE! Prime example: How many of the 4 DC seniors from last year that went on to play on a college are "academically lacking" and either could not play or had to be removed at semester for grades? All four I do believe! So what does that say about how far just winning basketball games in high school will get you? And to tie it all together let me use this analogy:

The "fair weather fan" mentality will lead to a kid who played and if he grows up without a REAL plan and ends up back in Dbrug/Newburn or "anytown USA" with no degree or whatever.... since they are not "winning in life" the same way they were a few years back will the great fan base that loves(ed) them so much then go and buy them clothes, feed them, give them decent paying jobs? NOOOOOOOOOO. Does that analogy make sense to all of you intelligent enough to understand it? We need to teach the kids VALUES in all areas of life and I feel that we as a society are failing miserably and the actions of last night are a glowing example!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I truly wish these young men well and that they get back on track b/c from my experiences with them they are good kids and have the potential to be successful as adults.

AND FOR GOD SAKES PEOPLE DONT TAKE THIS AS A KNOCK OF COACH McCORD!!!! THIS IS NOT A KNOCK ON McCROD!!! THIS IS NOT A KNOCK ON McCORD! This is not a slick, tricky, backhanded, silver tounged way of blaming him. His job is to get them to win and try to teach them hard work (that should be used in all aspects) to be successful and he has certainly done that!