District 13 AA Championship

beavo5

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has turned into being border line comical. SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!! It's so obvious a blind man can see that alot of fans/coaches simply don't like McCord and DC. This is not some big secret!!!!!!!! I hate the Dallas Cowboys and everybody that know me knows it.........NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!! subtle language and beating around the bush really doesn't hide all this envy. IT REALLY DOESN'T. We can all act a bit childish from time to time.....no doubt about it. Some of the junk posted on here defies common sense and plain simple logic (in regards to competitive sports). A few points.

(1) From reading this thread one would think that just because a team has more talent the coach should be disqualified form the Coach of the Year award....That's BS!!!!!!!!!! somebody posted they thought the dburg coach should be deserving of the award, WITH ONLY THREE DISTRICT WINS.........THAT IS A JOKE. I have no doubt the woman is a GREAT coach but the award should never go to a coach with only three district wins on the season (or whatever the number is). Give me a break........this ain't 5 yearl olds playing soccer where they don't keep the score. This is highschool competitive sports. Hey I got a great idea.....Award the coach of the year to Gleason, Camden, GC, or whoever has the worst or close to worst district records because they are having to do more with less.....see how crazy that is. Here is what I think....I can't think of but two or three coahces that would have produced the same results as the DC coach did this season, with the exact same team. It's kinda stupid to act as if just any ole coach can get those kind of results........IT DOESN'T HAPPEN THAT WAY!!!! SOME COACHES ARE JUST SIMPLY BETTER THAN OTHERS JUST LIKE SOME PLAYERS A SIMPLY BETTER THAN OTHERS.

(2) This seasons DC team isn't even close to what they put o the floor last season. LET ME REPEAT THAT, THIS SEASONS TEAM ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO LAST SEASON TEAM. Come on now, THAT ONE IS A NOBRAINER!!!!!!!!!! To think a couple of freshman and and maybe a couple of more underclassman just step in make up for the losses to graduation MAKES NO SENSE. People should ask thereselves this question. Reverse the roles, take those seniors from last season lineup out and replace them with these kids (from this season assuming they would have been freshman last season) would they have been able to knock off last seasons Bolivar, Dburg (X3), Haywood BTWashington and CPA (back to back to back), and a narrow loss to Knoxville Fulton........OF COURSE NOT!!!!! Last seasons team averaged 85 points a games (against a tougher schedule) I CAN ASSURE EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD JUSTIN BLAKE WASN'T SCORING ALL THE POINTS AND THAT THOSE SENIORS WERE SCORING MORE THAN THE UNDERCLASSMAN FROM THIS SEASON ( I would love to see the real stats though, instead of just throwing something like that out there). BTW, this season team is averaging 79 points a game agasint a weaker schedule...it would stand to reason that if people are going to act like these underclassman are so much better than last seasons seniors that they would most certainly put up better numbers...ESPECIALLY AGAINST A WEAKER SCHEDULE. I will say Yarbrough and Hudson probably have (WITHOUT QUESTION) more upside.....The team from last season was one of the most cohesive units I have seen on the court in a long time AND ANYBODY WOULD KNOW THAT.

(3) Maybe McCord could put on a coaching clinic and some of the others could learn a thing or two. Oh, I forgot.......He has been putting on a coaching clinic in this area for the last three seasons. Like I said I doubt just any coach produce the exact same results as this guy with the exact same players. People might act like some other coaches would but in truth that would not be the case. THAT IS JUST THE PLAIN SIMPLE TRUTH.

(4) Be honest...I KNOW IT'S HARD FOR SOME TO ACTUALLY DO THAT..........How can a team with a record of 29 and 1 (and ranked as high as 1 and 2 and wins the district) beat a district rival with a record of 24 and 7 4 times, actually have LESS players make all district.........JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE....NO LOGIC BEHIND THAT. Apply the same thing to coach of the year.........NO LOGIC BEHIND THAT ONE EITHER.

(5) Wonder who the Martin Westview Coach voted for? I wonder how many votes McCord actually got.......probably ZERO because of a bunch of GROWN MEN got togehter and colluded with one another and said....NOWAY IS MCCORD GETTING THAT AWARD...I would say that districts Coach of the Year award aint really worth anything.

(6) This stuff aint new. Brandon Evans won Distric MVP over Willie Kemp his junior season. The same stuff was going on as is now. People around these parts looked at Rudesill/Bolivar just like they look at McCord/DC....just a different district and coach. Anybody that remebers that season knows exactly what i'm talking about. The two years Liberty won back to back state championships people absolutley hated them around here. TRUST ME I LIVE HERE!!!!!!!! same with Bolivar!!!!!!!!!! BTW, all the phony accuasations people put out there were leveled against Bolivar and Liberty to. This is all a bunch of BS.

BTW, I have been staying quite and out of all these arguments for the last week or so, but I just couldn't help myself on this one. THIS IS NOTHING MORE THAN STRAIGHT UP ENVY AND SOUR GRAPES BY FANS AND COACHES. If I were McCord I would say good riddence, enjoyed outcoaching you guys for the last three seasons, and you take your district and good ole boy network and shove it, BUT WE WILL KEEP OUR DISTRICT AND REGION CHAMPIONSHIPS JUST AS A REMINDER AS HOW DOMINANT WE REALLY WERE AGAINST YOU GUYS.

I had much rather be an outsider than to be someone who would participate in a sham like all this.......ESPECIALLY THE ALL DISTRICT TEAM.......IT'S ONE THING TO BORDERLINE HATE THE COACH ...IT'S QUITE ANOTHER TO PUNISH HIS PLAYERS BY DENYING THEM ACCOLADES AND AWARDS BECUASE THEY SIMPLY DON'T LIKE THEIR COACH.

IT SEEMS BAD SPORTSMANSHIP RUNS RAMPANT THROUGH THIS DISTRICT AND IT STARTS AT THE TOP WITH ALL THESE SCHOOLS/COACHES.....WELL, MAYBE NOT ALL.....BUT, CERTAINLY SOME OF THEM.

THIS WHOLE THING IS REALLY PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly what I was trying to say, just didn't say it as pleasant as you put it. Thanks!!! But, like you said it's time to move on to bigger and better fish to fry. 13AA Coaches should be ashamed of themselves!!!!

13AA basketball just might go bankrupt with out our fan support. They might have to apply for a stimulist package. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> They are going to miss our gate dearly. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First of all, congrats to DC on its third straight district crown. The game last night was a good one just as I thought it would be. Towards the end I even thought my prediction of a 6-point game would become a reality, but missing by a basket is something I can deal with.

The game had plenty of highlights and as a fan of the game I was proud to have been able to see it.

As far as the awards afterwards go, to be perfectly honest it was disappointing.

Though most realize Derek McCord had eight players graduate a year ago, those eight were very special kids.

I won't say the Choctaws had a rebuilding year this season, but more of a reloading one. In any case, the Chocs have won 30 games against one lone loss. Was there a huge amount of talent on the floor this season? You bet there was, but these kids have worked harder than any of us can imagine to gel the way they have and personally I believe McCord had alot to do with it. The part of the 'Coach of the Year' snub that I don't understand is how it can go to a coach of a team that DC defeated FOUR freakin times.

Do I think Haskins did a great job with his team? Absolutely, but come on. While McCord may not win any popularity contests with his district coaching peers, if it was done right he would have won hands down.

After talking with Derek today, he could care less. He already has a box full of trophies from his days in Missouri. He would rather talk about the omission of Hudson and Janes to the all-district team.

Though its only a guess, I can't help but think the two kids were penalized because for one, they transferred to DC. I had a problem myself a few years ago when some players left DHS in favor of DCHS, but I was wrong for doing so.

Since when do any of us hoops fans have the right to decide where a kid decides to go to school and participate in sports? Is there anything wrong with a young man deciding to try and better himself by playing for a winning program? I think not.

These are just my opinions and not said to disrespect anyone, but leaving the kids off the all-district team is a terrible form of punishment for simply making a choice to play for a winner, and possibly continuing their careers at the next level.

Again, congrats DC on another successful season!

First of all, congrats to DC on its third straight district crown. The game last night was a good one just as I thought it would be. Towards the end I even thought my prediction of a 6-point game would become a reality, but missing by a basket is something I can deal with.

The game had plenty of highlights and as a fan of the game I was proud to have been able to see it.

As far as the awards afterwards go, to be perfectly honest it was disappointing.

Though most realize Derek McCord had eight players graduate a year ago, those eight were very special kids.

I won't say the Choctaws had a rebuilding year this season, but more of a reloading one. In any case, the Chocs have won 30 games against one lone loss. Was there a huge amount of talent on the floor this season? You bet there was, but these kids have worked harder than any of us can imagine to gel the way they have and personally I believe McCord had alot to do with it. The part of the 'Coach of the Year' snub that I don't understand is how it can go to a coach of a team that DC defeated FOUR freakin times.

Do I think Haskins did a great job with his team? Absolutely, but come on. While McCord may not win any popularity contests with his district coaching peers, if it was done right he would have won hands down.

After talking with Derek today, he could care less. He already has a box full of trophies from his days in Missouri. He would rather talk about the omission of Hudson and Janes to the all-district team.

Though its only a guess, I can't help but think the two kids were penalized because for one, they transferred to DC. I had a problem myself a few years ago when some players left DHS in favor of DCHS, but I was wrong for doing so.

Since when do any of us hoops fans have the right to decide where a kid decides to go to school and participate in sports? Is there anything wrong with a young man deciding to try and better himself by playing for a winning program? I think not.

These are just my opinions and not said to disrespect anyone, but leaving the kids off the all-district team is a terrible form of punishment for simply making a choice to play for a winner, and possibly continuing their careers at the next level.

Great post!!! My sentiments exactly!!!

Exactly, the Championship District banner hanging in the DC gym is what's its all about. McCord is more than satisified as any coach would be with the Championship banner' Forever' hanging in the DC gym ! Great job DC ..keep it up !!

ONE GAME AT A TIME !!!

GO CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He will do just fine until they hit the region next season. I predict McCord will win his 4th consecutive district championship as a coah since coming to the great state of TN. Wait and see!!!!!!! And he and his team will be alot better getting out of the current district and away from all the CRY BABIES and SORE LOSERS. Plus, his players will only get better through AAU and AAA. Like I said.....time to move on to bigger and better things. Mentor young men and get them ready to get a free education and play in college.

ONE THING IS FOR SURE........IT'S LONELY AT THE TOP.....BUT, IT SURE IS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

2 GREAT POSTS YANKEES !! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If the district is senior heavy then it's difficult for underclassmen to pull all district. The only time I have ever seen 5 players from one team get all anything was DC in 2001. Perry, Montrell, Brian, Jon, and Cyrus all dominated at every position, the only other players in the district that where close were Harrel and Bright at WV. It also matters if a kid played well against a certain team. If a kid didn't do well against, say GC, but played great against D-burg, then the GC coach might not vote for him.

good call!