District 13 AA Championship

beavo5

is anyone gonna answer ParisRiverRat's question?

They will answer for everything eventually.........

Just tell it like it is, if McCord won with kids from DC he would have been coach of the year. People don't like folks who have been perceived to break the rules. One thing is for sure, Coach Haskins did not deserve to be boo'ed or confronted because of the coach of the year vote.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the district is senior heavy then it's difficult for underclassmen to pull all district. The only time I have ever seen 5 players from one team get all anything was DC in 2001. Perry, Montrell, Brian, Jon, and Cyrus all dominated at every position, the only other players in the district that where close were Harrel and Bright at WV. It also matters if a kid played well against a certain team. If a kid didn't do well against, say GC, but played great against D-burg, then the GC coach might not vote for him.

Warmachine, you are exactly right. Fans, please don't think our coaches are plotting to leave our KIDS off the All-District teams. They don't have a problem with these kids. They want them to excel and be great people as adults. Come on.... On the other hand, coaches probably don't like McCord. Who cares about that. This whole thing is about these kids. No one is cheating them. Hate to even go here with this point because this post is like a bunch of Africanized honeybees (DC fans), but it's just not right for some of the DC fans to boo an award winner (coach or player). I know some of you on here are classier than that and would not do that, but others did. These kinds of things are why people feel that way about DC. And by the way, nothing I love seeing more than someone earning a free education because of hard work in sports. Why, because that is what 99% of these kids will fall back on when it's all said and done!!!

Just tell it like it is, if McCord won with kids from DC he would have been coach of the year. People don't like folks who have been perceived to break the rules. One thing is for sure, Coach Haskins did not deserve to be boo'ed or confronted because of the coach of the year vote.

"Perceived" being the KEY word in this post.......the entire section I was sitting in clapped for Coach Haskins. I clapped for every player and team announced. I personally don't condone that....on the other hand I don't condone "allegations" either...seems to happen quite often on these boards. Oh and ParisRiverRat doesn't deserve an answer to anything....many DC fans were very supportive and excited for their football team this past season....he might try jumping on the 10AAA thread and supporting his team instead of dissing ours.

I don't know of any rule being broken...DO YOU? If so let us all hear some iron clad proof or else whay not just drop it....... are you one of those that is going to slander the man based on nothing other than BS posted on a message board? How would you like it of somebody done that to you on this board...you know...post your name and associate your name with all kind of unfounded rumors. Really doesn't matter what you think though does it?

This all nonsense!!!!!!!!!!! I want to ask again.....do you know something the rest of doesn't? YES OR NO!!!!!

All this parsing words is nonsense. This all district team was a sham.....this aint rocket sicence. I could explain everything in great detail but it would be like talking to a brick wall. Hey, lets say Casety Prather just barley scored double figures against some teams in his district (and i'm pretty sure he did to) would that justify giving district MVP to someone else...OF COURSE NOT!!!!!!!! It should not matter if a kid is a senior or a freshman either. This whole thing was a sham and anybody that says otherwise is either being untruthfull or doesn't have a clue. I'm sorry, not trying to stir anything up here. But, this is just absurd and would be laughable if it wasn't for punishing players because some don't like certain schools coach. Some people must live in a bubble and really think stuff like this doesn't go on...it happens everyday.

Warmachine, you are exactly right. Fans, please don't think our coaches are plotting to leave our KIDS off the All-District teams. They don't have a problem with these kids. They want them to excel and be great people as adults. Come on.... On the other hand, coaches probably don't like McCord. Who cares about that. This whole thing is about these kids. No one is cheating them. Hate to even go here with this point because this post is like a bunch of Africanized honeybees (DC fans), but it's just not right for some of the DC fans to boo an award winner (coach or player). I know some of you on here are classier than that and would not do that, but others did. These kinds of things are why people feel that way about DC. And by the way, nothing I love seeing more than someone earning a free education because of hard work in sports. Why, because that is what 99% of these kids will fall back on when it's all said and done!!!

To you what I would like to say is...I HAVE NOT BEEN TO ONE GAME THIS YEAR WHERE DC'S OPPOSING TEAM DID NOT HAVE FANS THAT BOO'd US......get over it...ALL teams have fans like that....have seen McCord walked out with his team and get things thrown at him. We sure to God don't hold a monopoly of classless fans. There is no telling what amount of money the district WILL LOSE with us being gone....ought to thank our fans for the money we generate...we usually bring more fans than the home team does...would love to see the dollar amount a DC game brings to a school.

Fans are fans. That discussion doesn't hold much water, because there are always going to be a few that are out of control.

But here are a few things that bother me. First off, that some fans felt it necessary to boo Coach Haskins as he accepted the Coach of the Year award. Folks, that was voted on by the seven district coaches. If you're going to get mad at somebody, get mad at them. (I wonder if McCord voted for Haskins or himself? If he voted for Haskins, then you're trashing him, too.) Also, that some fans booed Milan when they received their third place award. Now maybe you had gotten mad at some Milan fans last night. But what had those players done to deserve that reaction?

By the way, and Dyer Co. fans are great because they really support their team, but I've seen some district games over the past few years (GC/Westview, Westview/OC, GC/OC, Westview/Milan, GC/Milan) where there were huge crowds. I guess if it were someone else leaving the district, they could make the same argument about being the cash cow.

Strange that there weren't nearly as many Choctaw fans last Monday night when the girls played Obion Central.

Great post, very well stated. In this day and time perception becomes reality. As for next year, DCHS will do very well in the AAA district. It's probably easier than 13AA has been the last few years. Northside will be tough with Prather, but their guard play may be their Achilles' heel. Brighton, Munford, and Hardin County aren't going to challenge the top 2 teams. The real test will be in the region, going to be much much tougher to advance. On any given night, differences in size and athleticism at every position can be overcome, but it much harder to do that over the span of 2-3 games in a row. Now before every DCHS fan jumps all over me, I'll take a 6-3 quick guard over a 5-11 quick guard any day of the week. Memphis and Shelby County teams are generally going to be bigger and every bit as athletic if not more so athletic than rural teams are going to be. It's just going to be harder to get to Murfreesboro.

Fans are fans. That discussion doesn't hold much water, because there are always going to be a few that are out of control.

But here are a few things that bother me. First off, that some fans felt it necessary to boo Coach Haskins as he accepted the Coach of the Year award. Folks, that was voted on by the seven district coaches. If you're going to get mad at somebody, get mad at them. (I wonder if McCord voted for Haskins or himself? If he voted for Haskins, then you're trashing him, too.) Also, that some fans booed Milan when they received their third place award. Now maybe you had gotten mad at some Milan fans last night. But what had those players done to deserve that reaction?

By the way, and Dyer Co. fans are great because they really support their team, but I've seen some district games over the past few years (GC/Westview, Westview/OC, GC/OC, Westview/Milan, GC/Milan) where there were huge crowds. I guess if it were someone else leaving the district, they could make the same argument about being the cash cow.

Strange that there weren't nearly as many Choctaw fans last Monday night when the girls played Obion Central.

I agree with this very much so. I find it funny that this thread has taken off like it has... IF the DC faithful is glad that they won the 13AA championship and not upset about Coach McCord winning COY, why is this all still being discussed and argued about? I've actually kept quiet through this whole discussion because it'd do nothing except cause more of a ruccus. Congrats to DC on their 13AA Championship and Good Luck to you guys in the Reg. 7AA tournaments. Congrats to all of the All-District players as well as Coach Haskins! Good Luck to the teams still playing!!!!

Last line of the comment: BINGO... all you great DC fans.... why no support for your GIRLS?????????????? Somebody answer that... dont deflect and go on about something else. Where was all the support for the program CJ's freshman year and the year before??? I only ask b/c i've seen more than one poster talk about how GREAT the DC fans are? You talk about how bad it is not voting kids on all district teams and not supporting kids..... but ummm.... how bad is it for your girls to see nobody there for them, to support them and all the hard work they do?

Now before somebody says i'm just jumping on the DC hate wagon, NO. I have been on my unequal support soapbox against the GC fans (flip flopped) and other in the past. So, lets just face it, just like you all are saying that just like everywhere people hate the ones on the top, the same goes for your "great fans" as everywhere else.... when you dont win they dont give a crap about you and when you do win they all are the best fans ever and have always been... they just had to work the night shift back then so they could'nt come.

As for who got more players on all this or that.... i know it used to be that the #1 team had more spots than the others... kind of a guarantee. I personally dont know about the regular season list b/c I didnt see enough games but I can say i think Hudson should have been on the All Tourney team just from what I saw. What most of you dont know is they post the current/updated stats of the players in the hospitality room so maybe his stats were not as good as it seemed... The smart plays and hustle plays often are not thought of (wrongly so) in many of these decisions. I sincerely hope he was left of b/c of issues outside of his play/ contribution ON THE FLOOR!

Great post, very well stated. In this day and time perception becomes reality. As for next year, DCHS will do very well in the AAA district. It's probably easier than 13AA has been the last few years. Northside will be tough with Prather, but their guard play may be their Achilles' heel. Brighton, Munford, and Hardin County aren't going to challenge the top 2 teams. The real test will be in the region, going to be much much tougher to advance. On any given night, differences in size and athleticism at every position can be overcome, but it much harder to do that over the span of 2-3 games in a row. Now before every DCHS fan jumps all over me, I'll take a 6-3 quick guard over a 5-11 quick guard any day of the week. Memphis and Shelby County teams are generally going to be bigger and every bit as athletic if not more so athletic than rural teams are going to be. It's just going to be harder to get to Murfreesboro.

The only real difference btw 2AA and 3AA in memphis is that the 3AA memphis teams are usually much more well coached. The guy at BTW for instance just plain got WAAAAY outcoached by McCord the past two years! The triple A schools are better in this aspect!

Last line of the comment: BINGO... all you great DC fans.... why no support for your GIRLS?????????????? Somebody answer that... dont deflect and go on about something else. Where was all the support for the program CJ's freshman year and the year before??? I only ask b/c i've seen more than one poster talk about how GREAT the DC fans are? You talk about how bad it is not voting kids on all district teams and not supporting kids..... but ummm.... how bad is it for your girls to see nobody there for them, to support them and all the hard work they do?

Now before somebody says i'm just jumping on the DC hate wagon, NO. I have been on my unequal support soapbox against the GC fans (flip flopped) and other in the past. So, lets just face it, just like you all are saying that just like everywhere people hate the ones on the top, the same goes for your "great fans" as everywhere else.... when you dont win they dont give a crap about you and when you do when they all are the best fans ever and have always been... they just had to work the night shift back then so they could'nt come.

As for who got more players on all this or that.... i know it used to be that the #1 team had more spots than the others... kind of a guarantee. I personally dont know about the regular season list b/c I didnt see enough games but I can say i think Hudson should have been on the All Tourney team just from what I saw. What most of you dont know is they post the current/updated stats of the players in the hospitality room so maybe his stats were not as good as it seemed... The smart plays and hustle plays often are thought of (wrongly so) in many of these decisions. I sincerely hope he was left of b/c of issues outside of his play/ contribution ON THE FLOOR!

I was at the girls games...can't speak for anyone else nor do I care to. Where was I years ago?? Well probably sitting at home with a toddler at the time....family member invited me to got to a game....had no idea who the coach was...knew it was a new one...I went and had a great time. LOVED the style of play...it was exciting and FUN to watch....so I kept coming back.....simple as that for me. The school has grown alot over the last few years...gets more students every year or so it seems. I've SEEN many teams go through the fan support you are talking about over the years....look at JCM....great up and coming program...very few fans attend and it will likely change in a few years. My issue isn't about McCord not getting COY....you think the man really gives a flip???? WHAT he cares about is his kids getting the recognition they DESERVE....bottom line. That would be were my issue lies...that and the CONSTANT dissing of either our fans or our coach or whatever else someone can find to bit^* about....hey guess what we won district 3rd year in a row in the midst of a rebuilding year....no one EVER talks about what DC lost and what they have accomplished this year with many players having never had on orange and white....heck it it was another team doing this besides ours they would HAVE my respect simply for the fact the kids have accomplished what seemed the impossible after the loss of so many key players.