South Greene vs. Elizabethton Round #3

coachh17

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a great game like the last two. Pietrowski needs to have a good game and or defense needs to step up and play like they can. In the passing lanes, hands up, boxing out. We also HAVE to match their intensity. If they are able to play rough and avoid calls, we need to do the same. Teams that are physical like SG normally don't particularly like getting roughed up.

coachh, you said it all when you called this a rivalry. These two teams dont care for each other.

Good luck to both teams.

GO CYCLONES!!

Not sure too many teams care for South Greene but I think they like it that way.....

You know what they say... No one likes a winner! but I think you're right they don't mind, they will go out there and play as hard as they possibly can until the buzzard sounds and I think that comes from the Coach Ricker area and considering his niece plays on this team and Rechelle Dye , I can remember seeing her at the games when she was no more than 3 years old wearing a South Greene uniform and dribbling all around the court. They loved Coach Ricker and the Lady Rebels, I hope they will get the chance to experience the State Tournament like the teams from South Greene in the Past. Good luck to all the teams tonight and I hope to see a great game in a great atmosphere. God Bless

You know what they say... No one likes a winner! but I think you're right they don't mind, they will go out there and play as hard as they possibly can until the buzzard sounds and I think that comes from the Coach Ricker area and considering his niece plays on this team and Rechelle Dye , I can remember seeing her at the games when she was no more than 3 years old wearing a South Greene uniform and dribbling all around the court. They loved Coach Ricker and the Lady Rebels, I hope they will get the chance to experience the State Tournament like the teams from South Greene in the Past. Good luck to all the teams tonight and I hope to see a great game in a great atmosphere. God Bless

A blast from the past!!!! Go Lady Rebels from your number 1 fan here in Murfreesboro! I would love to see your team play here in the State Tournament! I remember the past state tournaments and you can do it again!!

From a SGHS graduate---1977. Go Coach Ricker!!!!

Go LADY REBELS!!!!

I have a weird feeling that Elizabethton gets SG this time but then SG repays them in the regional final. Anyway it should be a great game. I do agree that South Greene has that quality (kind of like Duke) where you either love them or hate them. Even though I went to Greeneville, I still like to watch them play because of the intensity that they bring.

Does anyone know how Coach Ricker is doing? Haven't heard or seen him in a while. Know his whole ordeal has been tough on him. But I do bet he is pretty proud of his niece. I also bet he would be proud of this team. They have the same intensity and play with that aire about them that many of his teams had. Should be a great game. If South Greene shoots the ball like they did the other night against CD might be a long night for the Cyclones. Do believe the foul situation will help determine the outcome. Neither team seems to go very deep on the bench. Hope both teams have a great night and it turns out to be as close as it should be.

Does anyone know how Coach Ricker is doing? Haven't heard or seen him in a while. Know his whole ordeal has been tough on him. But I do bet he is pretty proud of his niece. I also bet he would be proud of this team. They have the same intensity and play with that aire about them that many of his teams had. Should be a great game. If South Greene shoots the ball like they did the other night against CD might be a long night for the Cyclones. Do believe the foul situation will help determine the outcome. Neither team seems to go very deep on the bench. Hope both teams have a great night and it turns out to be as close as it should be.

From my understanding he is doing as well as can be expected. He would love to be Coaching this team I am sure most of these girls went to all of his camps in the past and Rechelle is a former players daughter. Please still remember him in your prayers and that God would see fit to let him in someway become a part of South Greene, he would love it the girls would love it and the fans I am sure. He does come to some of the South Greene games, but I am sure it is really hard for him. God Bless

Now lets see Unicoi, Chuckey Doak , Elizabethon, South Greene, fans all in one gym tonight , Daniel Boone might have to put a new roof on , this is going to be a wild one!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to all the teams . Ill feel sorry for the ref. ha ha

Yes, that has the possibility of being a pretty intense place tonight. Can you say "hillbilly cat fight", without being politically incorrect? Being a hillbilly myself, I'll go ahead and say it not meaning to offend. I hope the games stay clean and that the refs wear riot gear!.....And ear plugs! This night will not be for the faint of heart. Hopefully class and cooler heads will rule the evening. Good luck to all, even Unicoi Co. and South Greene. Man that was hard, but I am trying! Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

Yes, that has the possibility of being a pretty intense place tonight. Can you say "hillbilly cat fight", without being politically incorrect? Being a hillbilly myself, I'll go ahead and say it not meaning to offend. I hope the games stay clean and that the refs wear riot gear!.....And ear plugs! This night will not be for the faint of heart. Hopefully class and cooler heads will rule the evening. Good luck to all, even Unicoi Co. and South Greene. Man that was hard, but I am trying! Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

Wow Coach 17 ! I am so proud of you, just kidding! I guess we need to remember we all like to win but we also need to be gracious losers and it takes a real person to do that and I have to admit being a South Greene Fan I stink at it sometimes but we are all human. God Bless and good luck to all the players, have pride but always have class.