Scott High School - Adding games to break a school record - Give your

star3

Heck! If she broke the record and all was added was a couple of games that were cancelled..... what's the problem....

Good job young lady....

The problem is , and I don't have any personal ties to this thread at all, did the existing record holder have the same amount of games and time when she set the current record? How many potential records could be in jeopardy of falling across the sports spectrum if a few games were added?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I don't have a child that plays for Scott, thank goodness. I just know what happened and think it's ridiculous. I just feel for the other kids who had to put up with all of this.

And in response to everyone that says Scott has a young team, thay always have a young team. That is always the excuse for not being able to compete. Eventually you just have to admit that they aren't very good and they have terrible coaching and a bad athletic department. Since 1998, they have had 6 coaches, and in my opinion that shows that the athletic department stinks. You have to give someone a chance to develp a program and these kids. Not to mention, since 1998, they always use the excuse that they're young. So what; a lot of teams are young.

haha.. Get a clue.

The problem is , and I don't have any personal ties to this thread at all, did the existing record holder have the same amount of games and time when she set the current record? How many potential records could be in jeopardy of falling across the sports spectrum if a few games were added?

I'm still wrestling with what you're trying to say. So, hypothetically, if the former record-holder blew her knee out or something in December, and missed half of a season (but still got the record), would you only count the current record holder's games up until that day in December? If you only count a specific number of games, which ones would you choose?

THink about it this way, if you busted your butt for four years and reached the summitt of all personal bball records at your school, would you want someone downing you because your coach wanted to get a couple more tune-up games before the tourney?

I'm guessing "No".

If anyone knows of someone who can set the school record in scoring at Collierville let me know. We still have enough industry to get her parents a job and find housing for them. The current record holder is Nikki McCray and she has 3600 points in her career, that goes with 1800 rebounds and 500 steals darn she only had 280 assist. Coach Brock didn't want her to pass the ball...

star looks like youre out on this limb by yourself. you might want to give it up soon.

as has already been pointed out, they didn't schedule any xtra games. they scheduled two games after two other games were canceled. and as has also been pointed out, tssaa reduced the max number of games a team can play, so she actually had less time to break the record than players before her.

star looks like youre out on this limb by yourself. you might want to give it up soon.

as has already been pointed out, they didn't schedule any xtra games. they scheduled two games after two other games were canceled. and as has also been pointed out, tssaa reduced the max number of games a team can play, so she actually had less time to break the record than players before her.

There are ways around the number of games. Before you go assuming she broke the record in less games, maybe you should learn the rules completely. Even though you are only allowed to play 24 games a year (according to the tssaa), Hall of Fame games do not count toward that total. Also, you can schedule at least two tournaments a year, and that tournament only counts as two games regarless of how many games you play in those tournaments. So, if you would think about it logically and quit jumping to conclusions, there can be quite a few games added on to those 24. Depending on the set up of the tournament, that could be at least an extra 5-7 games onto a schedule.

So don't act like you know the facts of the situation. I don't think anyone really does unless they are the faculty or staff of Scott High and can tell us how many games it was done in. And to be honest, it doesn't even matter. I agree with what someone said earlier, a career is a career; things change; there will always be more and less games. Players' teams that go further in the post season touraments have a better chance at scoring more points.

I am only debating the way the record was achieved.

There are ways around the number of games. Before you go assuming she broke the record in less games, maybe you should learn the rules completely. Even though you are only allowed to play 24 games a year (according to the tssaa), Hall of Fame games do not count toward that total. Also, you can schedule at least two tournaments a year, and that tournament only counts as two games regarless of how many games you play in those tournaments. So, if you would think about it logically and quit jumping to conclusions, there can be quite a few games added on to those 24. Depending on the set up of the tournament, that could be at least an extra 5-7 games onto a schedule.

So don't act like you know the facts of the situation. I don't think anyone really does unless they are the faculty or staff of Scott High and can tell us how many games it was done in. And to be honest, it doesn't even matter. I agree with what someone said earlier, a career is a career; things change; there will always be more and less games. Players' teams that go further in the post season touraments have a better chance at scoring more points.

I am only debating the way the record was achieved.

Your debate is based on the rescheduling of games (very common practice). Actually I am not sure what you are debating. It sounds like a personal attack and that is not right.

Your debate is based on the rescheduling of games (very common practice). Actually I am not sure what you are debating. It sounds like a personal attack and that is not right.

No, it is certainly not a personal attack. I have not once mentioned anything negative about Kate Lowe or anything to do with her.

The only people I have a problem with is the coaching staff and athletic department at the school. I have a problem with the only mission for the whole year being to break a record. I have a problem with the coaches admitting that the only reason for scheduling those games was to give her a chance to break the record. They did not schedule those games for tune ups. The teams were so bad it didn't help at all.

No, it is certainly not a personal attack. I have not once mentioned anything negative about Kate Lowe or anything to do with her.

The only people I have a problem with is the coaching staff and athletic department at the school. I have a problem with the only mission for the whole year being to break a record. I have a problem with the coaches admitting that the only reason for scheduling those games was to give her a chance to break the record. They did not schedule those games for tune ups. The teams were so bad it didn't help at all.

Maybe the coach wanted to make up the 2 games that got cancelled so he could get a better seed in the tournament?

Maybe the coach wanted to make up the 2 games that got cancelled so he could get a better seed in the tournament?

No, I don't think that was it because it doesn't help your seed in the tournament to play two non-district games to Knoxville Ambassadors and Lynn Camp, Ky.

Most programs would congratulate the kid for the accomplishment instead of debate it on here. I don't think that there is anything wrong with a coach scheduling games to replace games that are dropped due to weather or whatever.

Congrats to the young lady I've watched her play for a while and think she is a very good player! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />