Scott High School - Adding games to break a school record - Give your

star3

As far as I can tell Star didn't say (on here, at least) this player is untalented and doesn't deserve attention for breaking the record. He has an issue with adding a couple of teams that sound like very poor competition, for the purpose of adding more points for this player. He doesn't have a problem with adding games, he seems to have a problem with adding very weak opponents just to add more numbers for this player, and he says the coaches have admitted it. If all this is right, to an extent I agree with him. What if Oak Ridge added a 5-20 Class A team at the end of the year to beat them 100-10 and get a great player some more points, wouldn't there be some outrage?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most programs would congratulate the kid for the accomplishment instead of debate it on here. I don't think that there is anything wrong with a coach scheduling games to replace games that are dropped due to weather or whatever.

Congrats to the young lady I've watched her play for a while and think she is a very good player! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats to the kid I am proud of those numbers. It is often said coaches do not do enough to help their players and now this coach gets hammered for it. College coaches love kids that throw up number this could be the attention getter this kid needs to secure her future. I've been told she is making a college visit this weekend to an outstanding program that is on the rise. I hope they offer and I hope she accepts!

Congrats to the kid I am proud of those numbers. It is often said coaches do not do enough to help their players and now this coach gets hammered for it. College coaches love kids that throw up number this could be the attention getter this kid needs to secure her future. I've been told she is making a college visit this weekend to an outstanding program that is on the rise. I hope they offer and I hope she accepts!

Where is she taking a visit to. i have seen Kate play for years

she is a class act and she deserves the chance to play somewhere

she has the heart and desire and will make someone a good

player. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

All the Way aka Star3 (notice when all the way registered and # of posts---betcha IP addy's the same /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> )

Give it UP Star 3. Its up to the School and its Athletic Dept to verify the record, if they so choose.

Quit making a fool of yourself. And you fool no-one with your duplicative posts and identities......

Please Mods LOCK THIS THREAD!!!

Uh oh, everyone on CoachT better watch out. We have a P.I. on our hands monitoring IP Addresses and rolling their eyes. I guess we all better watch what we say!

I don't know who or what IP address anyone is on and I don't care. Just because a few people may have a different opinion that you do doesn't mean that there is some sort of conspiracy.

Hey, genius, maybe we should check everyone's IP address. And I would bet you would find a lot of posts come from the same IP because I bet the majority of people on here are school teachers and coaches posting from their school and work computers. Wow.

Ok I have officiated this girls games for a LONG time. I spoke to the coaching staff several times this season. They realized she had a shot and wanted ot give her the chance she deserved to set a record. I was actually there the night a kid from Scott High broke a 3 point record that had been held for about 15 years.

He was on the verge of the record and the coaching staff knew it. Should they have pulled him at the end of the 3rd and not given him a fair shot?

Same principle here. The girl had some games canceled and they reschedule them. I think we all know the weather in Scott Co. and if we looked back at her previous seasons I would say there were a few that she missed out on along the way.

This girl is not just a scorer. One of the games I had up there this season they were absolutely killing their opponent and she pulled back on several fast break opportunities. She could have picked up a few more points there but she didn??™t. She actually distributed the ball to a few other folks that had came off the bench and got them some points.

I think she is a classy girl and I think the coaching staff did what was in their power to give her a fair shot at breaking the record.

I don??™t think anyone is in the wrong here.

Ok I have officiated this girls games for a LONG time. I spoke to the coaching staff several times this season. They realized she had a shot and wanted ot give her the chance she deserved to set a record. I was actually there the night a kid from Scott High broke a 3 point record that had been held for about 15 years.

He was on the verge of the record and the coaching staff knew it. Should they have pulled him at the end of the 3rd and not given him a fair shot?

Same principle here. The girl had some games canceled and they reschedule them. I think we all know the weather in Scott Co. and if we looked back at her previous seasons I would say there were a few that she missed out on along the way.

This girl is not just a scorer. One of the games I had up there this season they were absolutely killing their opponent and she pulled back on several fast break opportunities. She could have picked up a few more points there but she didn??™t. She actually distributed the ball to a few other folks that had came off the bench and got them some points.

I think she is a classy girl and I think the coaching staff did what was in their power to give her a fair shot at breaking the record.

No, I do not think they should have pulled him out, but that is a little different situation, in my opinion.

I honestly would not have even had a problem with them rescheduling these two games with Cumberland Gap (which is who they were supposed to play their cancelled two games with in the first place). I have a problem with them rescheduling the games 1. as girls only, 2. ONLY to give her a chance to break the record, not for the better of the team, and 3. with inferior teams (which they beat both by 20 or more and only won around 12 games the whole year) just to let this girl score a lot of points (more than 60 in these two games combined).

She now holds the record by around 10 points.

I'm sneaky!!! Actually forgot my username and password!!!! I read all the time and haven't posted since last year!! Had to make up a new name!!

I want to see this identification process in action!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Records that are not broke in the heat of a competitive game don't mean as much. I have seen girls have 6 3's in the first half and the team be up by 30 points. They didn't play much in the 2nd half because younger girls were in getting much deserved and needed playing time. Why are they worried about individual records anyway, if you are good enough and your team is good enough those records will come and they will mean something. I have heard of kids tallying up how many points they need a game to break records, that's embarassing enough, much less with coaches doing it.

Pulling kids in those situations are of course coaches desicions.

I have coached football, I have had some opportunities to beat some teams real bad. I chose not to. Why degrade those other kids for ones ego. Spread it around and build confidence in my younger players once the game is decided.

Congrats to the girl that did it, I am way to competitive to enjoy a record of that nature.

It just shows that they are thininking of individual goals instead of team goals. Were some of the younger, inexperienced players opportunities limited because of the individual goal. Were the younger players just taught that their stats are more important than the wins, what kind of message was sent? Those are the things that should have been thought of.