District 13A vs. District 14A in Regional Tourney

volfan007

I'm pretty sure H'Boldt had 22 offensive rebounds as well..That is a crazy number of o boards...It's going to be very tough like I said but all I'm seeing is what Humboldt is going to do with Manassas and Lake County....UC needs to create alot of havoc with their pressure and turn the Vikes over alot...They will give up a few dunks but will hope to trade twos for threes...They have to somehow keep Humboldt off the boards...OR just get a two point lead and hold it the rest of the game...Make it a 42-41 type game...Try to be in it in the fourth quarter and make Humboldt sweat and put some doubt in their minds...

You have every reason to be confident in Humboldt...They are a fine team...

You know as well as I do that when Humboldt gets those dunks they gain a lot of momentum...Humboldt's crowd is crazy enough as it is but when somebody comes up with a big dunk it turns into pure chaos in the gym...Yes, it's only 2 points but for Humboldt it usually translates to about a 10-15 point spurt...

Only thing you can do really is come down and answer with a three...UC has been really good at doing that in recent years but not so much this year..And when you don't come down and answer and you let the Vikings get rolling, that's when the game starts to get away from you..

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know as well as I do that when Humboldt gets those dunks they gain a lot of momentum...Humboldt's crowd is crazy enough as it is but when somebody comes up with a big dunk it turns into pure chaos in the gym...Yes, it's only 2 points but for Humboldt it usually translates to about a 10-15 point spurt...

Only thing you can do really is come down and answer with a three...UC has been really good at doing that in recent years but not so much this year..And when you don't come down and answer and you let the Vikings get rolling, that's when the game starts to get away from you..

Red,your exactly right.Those big backboard shaking jams really gets the crowd more involved and get the players nerves settled especially in those big games..it's really worth alot more than just those two points.

The only time I have ever seen Big Sandy was a couple of years ago when they came played at UC in the first round of the region and got over 100 points put on em...UC had like 24 points in the first two minutes of the game...Before then I always thought Big Sandy was a big ole blonde biker chic.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Everybody keeps talkin about Trenton not being at full strength...I thought the Simpson kid transferred at Christmas...They have been playing without him awhile...

I agree with purple and gold if the kid no longer plays for that school what you put on the floor is full strength. This is a completely different team that played UC in the past. The team of a couple years ago had no experience playing in a big game. We are a much more mature team now with a lot of heart. I can tell a difference just from the start of the season, they are really playing with a purpose. I wish them nothing but the best , this is one good group of kids and if they end their season tue. night they should be proud of how far they have come. Good luck to LC it should be a good game.

Purple and Slayer,

The only point I was trying to make is that the Trenton team after Christmas was not the same team of before Christmas. The Trenton team before Christmas was better than the after Christmas team. It's just like the Dresden team. The Dresden team at the end of the year was a lot better than the Dresden team at the beginning of the year....once two of their best players got back on the team and got into the flow of the game again.

Does that make it clearer?

Purple and Slayer,

The only point I was trying to make is that the Trenton team after Christmas was not the same team of before Christmas. The Trenton team before Christmas was better than the after Christmas team. It's just like the Dresden team. The Dresden team at the end of the year was a lot better than the Dresden team at the beginning of the year....once two of their best players got back on the team and got into the flow of the game again.

Does that make it clearer?

I agree with what your saying...if Trenton had Simpson they probably would have won.

Corbin Branson was on fire for the Golden Tide with 9 threes. If Simpson could have been there also who knows what might have happened. Too many missed free throws to win a close game. Hats off to Big Sandy as they opened up a big lead in the first half and held on late. Peabody has everybody coming back so they have something to build on.

Tomorrow's games should be good.Hopefully Big Sandy can pull an upset and beat LC! but....hey,a guy can dream??? lol.If Humboldt can control the pace,D up,and keep the turnovers at a minimum Humboldt can win by 15-20!We need to get out on the break,lock down Simpson & Marshall and we should come away with the W.

Tomorrow's games should be good.Hopefully Big Sandy can pull an upset and beat LC! but....hey,a guy can dream??? lol.If Humboldt can control the pace,D up,and keep the turnovers at a minimum Humboldt can win by 15-20!We need to get out on the break,lock down Simpson & Marshall and we should come away with the W.

UC won't go quietly...I can promise you that...Humboldt will get UC's best game tomorrow night so hopefully we won't be looking ahead to LC..