Charlotte Nike Combine

compusatman

The Shuman event is wonderful experience for underclassmen. It is a bit expensive but so little in this game is free.

Yep, Schuman's is $85. A bit much, but after NIKE, I'd guess it's the second most notable combine that a kid off the street can sign up for. Scout/UnderArmour is invite only and they take only 200 from each region.

What Schumans also offers is the opportunity to perform 1 on 1. WR vs DB, etc. Wide Outs learn very quick that the 10 yard cushion / minor leauge stuff you see here in TN so often isn't the norm. At Schuman's if a WR hasnt been in the gym and isn't aggressive, he wont even get off the LOS to run a route. In-your-face press coverage. Schuman's also gives out allot of awards at the combine for the kids to use as "resume fodder", which is good. They do a good job of advertising their results to college coaches as well. It is indeed a good experience as comp said. For the record, Schuman's has been opened up this year to include current Juniors (rising seniors/class of 2010).

PrepChamps is up and coming, with a better focus on what college coaches want to see vs. the college to nfl type combines. PrepChamps also uses top notch facilities w/ speed turf that is fast like that of DB and Greeneville. Nike...well, they dont seem to care if their facilities have indoor carpet. But, Nike is the current right-of-passage as comp states. The Nike Camp is the goal. PrepChamps does film all their combine for each kid and give them the DVD. They also, for Wide outs (not sure what other positions do), throw to them on various routes which is also filmed and put on the DVD. Per Coach Kitz, who runs PrepChamps, he has done extensive research with college coaches and the differences, such as route running on DVD, is something they want to see. The routes that are filmed can be added later to the kid's highlight DVD to give to college coaches. Given the fact that Coach Kitz has coached at such big time programs, is intrenched with notable people and top-notch facilities, and is Coach Skip Holtz's brother-in-law, I'm drinking the kool-ais he is serving. Just a matter of time before PrepChamps is up there w/ Nike and Schuman's.

Nikebacksthefalcons, to answer your question, there are two South Rebels going to Schuman's in Nashville in April. Not sure of any others for ATL.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few THS players attended the Schuman's combine last year in Charlotte and all were invited to the ultimate 100 in Atlanta. One made it to the final 11 at his position at the ultimate 100 combine. I think these combines are a good way to measure yourself against the competition and see if you have a shot at playing college football anywhere, not just D1.

The outcome of all these combines is a little better if you sink some money into it while there. The more you spend the more exposure you'll get. I think the best way to get noticed is to pick a few colleges that you want to play at and attend their summer camp and PERFORM! These combines can help tremendously but only the best of the best really stand out, and if you're the best the offers are going to come anyway without attending a combine.

You want to encourage their dreams but don't want to put such pressure on them that they don't enjoy the here and now.

One thing we do for our son is pray that God will lead and guide him to become the best person he can become and if he does play college football we pray that he can be a testimony to others.

You want to encourage their dreams but don't want to put such pressure on them that they don't enjoy the here and now.

One thing we do for our son is pray that God will lead and guide him to become the best person he can become and if he does play college football we pray that he can be a testimony to others.

Very well put. As a parent of one that just signed D-1AA, sounds like you got the right idea. Mine could have walked on a D-1A school but ya got to look at the big picture. He even considered some DII schools. One bit of advice, Get him a rivals account now if you haven't already and start sending in film. Good luck and I hope things work out for you.

Bobby didn't keep any scores from last week. I hope they have better conditions tomorrow in Nashville. Duece has had the flu all week but I think he's up for it. Greg says I can't come along for the fun of it, Satch.... ya'll are just such BOYZ!

Aaah, if you only had a twin sister! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Aaah, if you only had a twin sister! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

"Forgive him Lord, for he know not what he asketh...." Deutoranimo 115:84 /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />