northwest high school

hoghunter757575

Look, things happen, and this could be the mans year. Year three is usually lucky! I remembered 2002 - 2005 years there under Dan Stephens rest his soal. Special, with 3 years that were great. the opportunity is there. all that is needed is help that will work toghether for one common goal. Stephens had a staff of 3 coaches plus himself that worked hard in the weight room and participated in many 7 on 7's. There were days the boys had to be chased out of the gym. You could find success in and out of the classrooom. Get this to happen again, and some coaches to follow Sherenk you will see the change. I bet my last dollar on that. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the talent when got their was a good as it had ever been. The talent was just not used properly. As you can tell there is not a coach that last more than a year there. Sometimes you have to realize that you just are not a coach. He has gotten rid of coaches that no way more football than he will ever know. Also as you can tell you do not see him helping out any of the kids so they can pursue football. You do not see kids signing on signing to any decent colleges. Also if you go to one of his practices you will see how bad of coach he really is.

Footballking, you're name alone tells me you were just one of the MANY studs Shrenk has had to work with the last 3 years. I beg to differ with you when you say he does not help kids get to college. I have persoanlly been to two different combines where Shrenk who had a "group" (more than 1) of kids there. HE WAS THERE WITH THEM. You are just upset that you did not get to go?

Northwest has had a problem with their football program for the past three years. The biggest problem is coach Shrenk. Shrenk is showing his true attributes each year as he has another losing season. Much of the Northwest football staff has left and probaly will go on to bigger and better things. The particular thing to do would be to get rid of coach Shrenk. He is so full of his self. The school has had so much talent the past three years but it has all went to waste. Somebody out there needs to save all of Northwests athletic programs.

You were a loser before he got there, you were a loser while you were there, and you are still a loser.

My only problem with schrenk is his whining about Henry County running up the score and thinking that the referees hurt his game plan. NW fumbled on their first play, and 4 more times in the first half, the Patritos did not play a starter in the second half. THe JV scored on their first possession of the second half and Shrenk continued to play his starters to the tune of a serious injury for one of his best players late in the fourth. He whined after the game about the score being run up like Gaddis was suppose to stop trying to score in the second quarter instead of the 3rd, and I think Gaddis did try to slw down but NW kept fumbling and what was HC to do fall down without getting tackled.

My only problem with schrenk is his whining about Henry County running up the score and thinking that the referees hurt his game plan. NW fumbled on their first play, and 4 more times in the first half, the Patritos did not play a starter in the second half. THe JV scored on their first possession of the second half and Shrenk continued to play his starters to the tune of a serious injury for one of his best players late in the fourth. He whined after the game about the score being run up like Gaddis was suppose to stop trying to score in the second quarter instead of the 3rd, and I think Gaddis did try to slw down but NW kept fumbling and what was HC to do fall down without getting tackled.

Agreed! Good post prophet! HC could have scored 100 that night if they would've wanted to!

I have been working with him for a short time and I have never heard him say anything about the coach running up the score. He has spoken about not being allowed to cut in that game. However, he didn't blame refs (to me) but stated that Coach Gaddis probably told the refs that NW loved to cut. He said he couldnt blame him if he did. As a matter of fact, he told me that the stats NW had in the second half were night and day from the first half because Coach Gadddis had so much class. I think sometimes sarcasm can be misinterpreted when former co-workers face off, especially when it is one sided.

I don't have enough on the field experience with Coach Schrenk to make a judgement good enough for this jury. However, I can tell you he is a good man who loves kids and goes above and beyond to help people. Not just players, but anyone. He has had some tough times and tries his best to remain positive. For a while this topic was going in the right direction (coaches empathizing with another coach) . Why don't we keep it that way. He's a great guy and we can all relate with his struggles.

all of yall talking about how good coach schrenk must have never seen one of his teams play or your some of his friends plus you guys who said NW has never been good then you must not have been here to remember when coach stevens was there and they whent to the palyoffs two years in a row and if i remember right they also bet henry county both those years and might i say if a town as big as henry county with only one public high school cant even win state in 4a ball or even go to state in 4a ball not even 5a they are not that good either and if schrenk is so good then whats his record past two years something like 3-17 something like that so i guess he sounds like a great coach then lol plus the past few groups of kids he had was talented they won middle school and JV championships in the past and can only win one to two games a year with schrenk as coach now come on if anything they should at least beat the teams in town that those groups of kids have been beating there whole football career at least keeping up with them and not getting blown out every game of the season so i think he should just go back to bama and be a equipment manger like he was so NW can get a real coach and not some guy who thinks he knows everything and says hes forgot more football then anybody knows but hes got alot of talent coming back this year and if he cant win alomost all there games then i guess he still will be some great coach to yall lol but hes just great coach to yall cuz you know you will go and beat on NW thats about the only reason most of yall would like him cuz with him its a most likely win lol and plus he is so arogent he cant even keep coaches more then a year lol and one more thing he never balmes him self for how poorly he prepares his team he blames every one and there mother for his problems lol so take it how you want to but thats how most at NW whos been around him thinks it is.