Collinwood vs Creekwood

TrojanSportsFan

I don't really know any specifics about Creekwood's team. The school is in its first year and is primarily an underclassmen team. I believe I am remembering correctly that they do not have any seniors.

I do know a little about the head coach and his staff, however. The head coach is Jackie Bledsoe. If you have never heard of him, he was the long-time head coach at Dickosn Jr High and then later the head coach of the Dickson Co. freshman team. Bledsoe coached at the Jr. High from its inception in 1972 until the 9th graders were moved to the high school in the mid-90's. During that 20+ year period, he lost less than 15 games total and never had a team lose more than 2 in any season. I may be mistaken, but it seems like he had something like 15 undefeated seasons at the Jr High. He has also turned down the DCHS job on several occasions.

You can rest assured of two things playing a Jackie Bledsoe team. First, the team will be one of the best-prepared and most-disciplined teams you will see. They will not make many mistakes and they will not beat themselves. Secondly, they will play hard from beginning to end.

Collinwood should win this game. However, if they underestimate Creekwood, they could be in for a long night. I can assure you that Creekwood will not be intimidated by the name or reputation of anyone they play, including Collinwood. Remember, most of these kids played last year at Dickson Co and have been on the field against the big boys like Riverdale, Gallatin and Brentwood Academy (in pre-season scrimmages). I am sure they believe that they can beat any team they play.

Good luck to both teams. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this one.

• 1 year later...
Collingwood by 36 or more...Creekwood won't score...just a thought!!!But carry it to the bank!

134318[/snapback]

Creekwood won tonight by 7 against rival sycamore in a very important region matchup.Creekwood wasn't expected to do any good this year , but I think they earned some respect tonight.They play smash mouth style.They are a very physical team[different from past years]