Jackson Northside

redbirdfan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This game would be a toss up. I don't know for sure but my guess is Trevail Musgrave is Jackson NS second leading scorer (good shooter to). Jackson NS does not really have high quality depth for a game like this in my opinion. But, there starting five are MORE than capable. Casey Prather is capable of 30 and 20 on any given night and he hits his ft's to. Ive been watching Prather since his freshman season and for those taht haven't seen him need to make a point and watch him. Kid is a beast and has put on some weight to..not rail thin like he once was. Both teams have some advantages over the other......I don't think DC would have an answer for Prather. But, NS lack of depth could really hurt them. If I was forced to bet I would put my money on NS but would not be suprised at all if DC won. I would not by any means overlook Covington either.

Jackson NS has wins over Bolivar, Covington (x2), splits against JCM and Hillcrest, plus a 7 point loss to Liberty. That is pretty impressive and just to much to ignore if forced to pick a winner in a potential matchup. I really hope they end up playing.

North Side is very good and I've stated it on several different threads. #11 is a very good PG and is the only Senior on the team. He seems to be a very good leader out on the floor and is vocal with his team mates. As I stated on other threads.... Prather is the stud on the team, #11 is the vocal leader, the other kids are solid guards that can make you pay from the outside.... I'm hoping a 13AA team wins Region 7AA, but I think I'm going to have to say that NS will win it....

North Side is very good and I've stated it on several different threads. #11 is a very good PG and is the only Senior on the team. He seems to be a very good leader out on the floor and is vocal with his team mates. As I stated on other threads.... Prather is the stud on the team, #11 is the vocal leader, the other kids are solid guards that can make you pay from the outside.... I'm hoping a 13AA team wins Region 7AA, but I think I'm going to have to say that NS will win it....

11 isnt the PG... he is the other tall lanky kid. If i'm not mistaken the PG is #3. Here is the rundown:

1. You wont stop Prather: if he only has 12 its not b/c he got SHUTDOWN! He usually stays out of foul trouble and will control the boards against anybody from 13AA.

2. Long is probably their second best overall player and certianly their main 3Pt weapon.

3. The PG is very solid and crucial to them handling the pressure (IF they play DC).

4. They run a pretty tough press themselves and I have seen them turn on the pressure and put a game away a few times this year.

5. They will go about 10-12 deep although the last 2 or 3 are a big drop off SKILL wise but are still athletic enough to cause problems.

IF.... and this is IIIIIIFFFFFF Dyer Co. plays NS i feel that NorthSide will win by about 10. I feel that they will just be too much athletically especially with the one player DC will have no answer for. However, if DC can harass Prather enough he does tend to try to do too much at times and force the issue out of frustration or a feeling like he MUST do it all or they will lose. Dont let Long get good looks and get hot. REBOUND. Keep CJ and REX out of foul trouble, keep Janes out of foul trouble and if he does a good boxing Prather out, and have Hudson hit a few threes and you'll be in a good position to win the game late in the game. The track record for DC is if its close late... they most always will pull it out.

11 isnt the PG... he is the other tall lanky kid. If i'm not mistaken the PG is #3. Here is the rundown:

1. You wont stop Prather: if he only has 12 its not b/c he got SHUTDOWN! He usually stays out of foul trouble and will control the boards against anybody from 13AA.

2. Long is probably their second best overall player and certianly their main 3Pt weapon.

3. The PG is very solid and crucial to them handling the pressure (IF they play DC).

4. They run a pretty tough press themselves and I have seen them turn on the pressure and put a game away a few times this year.

5. They will go about 10-12 deep although the last 2 or 3 are a big drop off SKILL wise but are still athletic enough to cause problems.

IF.... and this is IIIIIIFFFFFF Dyer Co. plays NS i feel that NorthSide will win by about 10. I feel that they will just be too much athletically especially with the one player DC will have no answer for. However, if DC can harass Prather enough he does tend to try to do too much at times and force the issue out of frustration or a feeling like he MUST do it all or they will lose. Dont let Long get good looks and get hot. REBOUND. And keep CJ and REX out of foul trouble and you'll be in a good position to win the game.

I would agree with alot of that except I don't think NS has quality depth 9 deep.....just my opinion.

IF.... and this is IIIIIIFFFFFF Dyer Co. plays NS i feel that NorthSide will win by about 10. I feel that they will just be too much athletically especially with the one player DC will have no answer for. However, if DC can harass Prather enough he does tend to try to do too much at times and force the issue out of frustration or a feeling like he MUST do it all or they will lose. Dont let Long get good looks and get hot. REBOUND. Keep CJ and REX out of foul trouble, keep Janes out of foul trouble and if he does a good boxing Prather out, and have Hudson hit a few threes and you'll be in a good position to win the game late in the game. The track record for DC is if its close late... they most always will pull it out.

That`s some good stuff. Knew they had the shooters but was wondering about their depth. Will they use the bench as much as DC or sub only as needed?

Of course not, Covington is the best!

Technically its an upset b/c NS won twice before... realistically no its not b/c Covington is very good.

jhvol: i wouldnt say they have shooterS in the plural sense... really only one consistant 3pt threat with several decent midrange jump shooters.

yankee: you're right but i think you slightly misunderstood my statement. i didnt mean quality as in really great... just decent basketball skill with good athleticism through the 8-10 spot... 9-12 spot only used if they get in foul trouble and they will not hurt you skill wise at all but can grab a rebound or get a steal.... those athletic hustle plays.