Region 4AAA Tournament @ Blackman

Treyvols99

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your going to say something about that being a walk when andrews took 2 blatant steps before any "foul" was called get real, both were fouls or neither were double standard after you beat us.

UR JUST MAD U GOT BEAT AND AS FAR AS I KNOW U CAN TAKE 2 STEPS WHEN UR DOING A LAY UP SO HUSH. UR IQ IS LOW. JUS GET OFF HERE. I BEEN KILLING U WITH STATS ALL NITE.

Wow. Some people on here need to get a life. Good game by both Shelbyville and Siegel. Could have ended either way, unfortunately for Siegel they had an off day in an elimination game. Siegel's a talented team and we've enjoyed watching you this year. It just ended too soon.

Now that Siegel is out, I'll be cheering for Oakland. King is the master. Hope to see Tyler play again. Bring it home Pats!

Andrews impressed the heck out of me. He was the best player on the floor, BY FAR. Some of those 22-24 footers with a hand in his face were impressive.

Hammonds had a great second half, but his free throw bug-a-boo came back and bit him in the butt AGAIN!

Siegel just missed Tyler Cutter in so many ways this year, and they all came to pass in this game.

Dotson seemed to want to get something out of Nicholas from the PG position last night and couldn't........I don't even remember him playing in the second half, after some questionable play in the first.

Ellis WILL be a better player next year, he's a good athlete, has a pretty good handle, but he is going to have to get some rotation on his shot.

In high school, you have to have a floor general, and Siegel lacked that this season. You could see it coming.......I thought that they still had a good chance to go to the glass house, but knew that they could not have done anything once they got there.

One poster above mentioned it...........if they had a kid like Hockenberry, they would still be playing.

The good thing for Siegel is that they will have a better team next year, especially if some of their Sophomores improve and Gooch stays (which, considering Oakland runs the ball 96% of the time and he plays WR............I don't really see the point in him going to OHS.............if he was a tailback, sure, but he's not).

They just have to get better PG play and Dotson has to firm up their halfcourt sets. Kerry running around in circles and everyone else watching is not good offense.

Looks like I missed the party last night. As for Gooch, I imagine Oakland would be open to throwing it a bit more if he was on the field, but enough of that, we'll just let it play out and see how it goes, but who wouldnt want to play for a state champion?

I think Shelbyville-Oakland is going to be an absolute classic, I am sure Kevin and Randy, along with their respective staffs, are going to pick it up a notch for this game. I imagine there will be a few new wrinkles thrown in that both teams didnt really expect. This game will be all about making adjustments.

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion. We had many nights where others would score more then Kerry, he has not been as big a focal point to our offense that andrews is to yours.

Siegel Grad you have done one really great thing this year. You have turned people against Siegel that had been rooting for them every year when they went to regions. The boys can't help it but I am so glad they will not be playing any more. You can pick another team to build up and another to tear down. Kerry is good but he is no super star. I don't know how he got MVP over the guy from Lebanon for he was not near as important to his team as the Lebanon kid was to his. I think the boro coaches get together and do whatever they want and pick whoever they want on all district teams.

Siegel Grad you have done one really great thing this year. You have turned people against Siegel that had been rooting for them every year when they went to regions. The boys can't help it but I am so glad they will not be playing any more. You can pick another team to build up and another to tear down. Kerry is good but he is no super star. I don't know how he got MVP over the guy from Lebanon for he was not near as important to his team as the Lebanon kid was to his. I think the boro coaches get together and do whatever they want and pick whoever they want on all district teams.

That would maybe have relevance if our district was like next year, but "boro coaches" only make up 50% of the district.

For what it's worth, I would like to say that SiegelGrad has earned some respect from me. Not only did he show up on the boards after a tough loss, in his initial post after the game he was complementary of the opponent and gave respect where it was due. I have always liked Shelbyville's players as well as Coach Thomas (especially after how he handled the Gross issue), but some of the Shelbyville posters are beginning to look and sound alot like some Siegel posters. Glad to see that Andrews is a little more humble in victory then some of his supporters as he had this quote in the Tennessean:

???Every time he got open, he knocked it down,??? Andrews said. ???That??™s what you??™re supposed to do when you??™re up for Mr. Basketball like he is. You??™ve got to knock down the big shots.???

As far as comparing Hammonds and Andrews, both had big games. Neither disappeared when their team was in the spotlight. Sometimes shots just don't fall. And by the way, player talent is measured in more ways than points scored. It's a pointless excercise to try and discredit a Mr. Basketball nomination because there are a handful of players who average more points. Should Andrews be a finalist? Maybe, but not simply because he averages more points then Hammonds.

I didn't attend last night, but the glaring stat to me is Siegel's 2 points in the 2nd quarter. How does a team with that much talent only score 2 points in a quarter? On the radio it sounded like the reason was due to empty possessions resulting from turnovers and poor shot selection. Anybody that was there care to elaborate?

HE WAS OUT OF CONTROL ALL NIGHT. HE CANT LOOK UP AND DRIBBLE AT THE SAME TIME. U WANA KNOW THE TRUTH HE WALKED AT THE END OF THE GAME WHEN HE TRIPPED OVER HIS OWN FT.

BOTTOM LINE TO ALL THIS BULLCRAP: AN EAGLES PLAYER GETS SHAFTED ONCE AGAIN (IMAGINE THAT) AND ISN'T A FINALIST. YET WHO STEPPED UP UNDER PRESSURE? O AND WHO CHOKED @ THE FREE THROW LINE? AND MY FAVORITE WHAT DID SCOREBOARD REFLECT WHEN IT WAS ALL SAID AND DONE? HMMMM GET OFF OF IT siegel; YOU GOT US THE LAST COUPLE TIMES BUT U COULDN'T FINISH! SOMETHING TRUE CHAMPIONS DO.