Region 7 Tourney

sHarshaw

ok... not sure of the days and times and what not but here are the pairings:

1. DC vs. 4. Haywood: DC won the first game at DC by 40+ but just squeaked out a 1 point win at Haywood the second meeting. Haywood has been playing better but this game will be back at DC.

2. NS vs. 3. Milan: Prather and company will be just too overwhelming at home against Milan and really upset after losing the District Championship to Covington. However, if Milan plays a borderline perfect game and gets those one or two key breaks they do have an outside chance albeit very slim

----------------------------

1. Covington vs. 4. Obion: Dont think OC will be able to pull this one out, especially on the road. Covington by at least 15.

2. Westview vs. 3. Fayette Ware: This is pretty much a toss up here. FW will be more athletically and size superior all around but WV has the home court advantage and can shoot lights out at times. I'll say its a 50/50 toss up being that i've only seen WV in person once and FW no times this year.

Semis and Finals will be at GCHS but first round is at the home of the higher seeded team! Correct me if I'm wrong on this but thats how its been the past few years.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok... not sure of the days and times and what not but here are the pairings:

1. DC vs. 4. Haywood: DC won the first game at DC by 40+ but just squeaked out a 1 point win at Haywood the second meeting. Haywood has been playing better but this game will be back at DC.

2. NS vs. 3. Milan: Prather and company will be just too overwhelming at home against Milan and really upset after losing the District Championship to Covington. However, if Milan plays a borderline perfect game and get those one or two key breaks they do have an outside chance albeit very slim

----------------------------

1. Covington vs. 4. Obion: Dont think OC will be able to pull this one out, especially on the road. Covington by at least 15.

2. Westview vs. 3. Fayette Ware: This is pretty much a toss up here. FW will be more athletically and size superior all around but WV has the home court advantage and can shoot lights out at times. I'll say its a 50/50 toss up being that i've only seen WV in person once and FW no times this year.

Semis and Finals will be at GCHS but first round is at the home of the higher seeded team! Correct me if I'm wrong on this but thats how its been the past few years.

That is correct. First round are home games for the higher seeds. The top of this region is good. But, after that there is a big drop off. I like NS to win the region but DC and Covington are capable as well. I noticed Walker torched NS again last night on the offensive end. Walker is tough to handle. I think one of the most underrated players around.

The region final (whoever makes it) is going to be some really high quality basketball.

That is correct. First round are home games for the higher seeds. The top of this region is good. But, after that there is a big drop off. I like NS to win the region but DC and Covington are capable as well. I noticed Walker torched NS again last night on the offensive end. Walker is tough to handle. I think one of the most underrated players around.

The region final (whoever makes it) is going to be some really high quality basketball.

OMG... we are not agreeing to disagree but actually agreeing /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> .... that line about Walker being HIGHLY underrated is dead on true... kid can play!

I say this way:

DC over Haywood

NS over Milan

NS over DC

----

Cov over OC

WV over FW (barely)

Cov over WV

NS vs COV for the regional Tourney with NS pulling it out in a 2-5 point win!

* there are so many ways to be wrong about this bracket!

I think DC will win this one....glad we have home court advantage!! Go Choctaws!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Haven't seen any of the other teams not from our district play. So good luck to all the teams!!!!

Hey dcPride08, I don't know what you think about the post before saying NS over DC, but I think he is incorrect! What about you?? I think it will come down to the end, but DC will pull out on top!

Hey dcPride08, I don't know what you think about the post before saying NS over DC, but I think he is incorrect! What about you?? I think it will come down to the end, but DC will pull out on top!

like i've said numerous times... i could be wrong and I would not be the least surprised if DC won but i do think NS will win. Just my opinion though.

He is right..it could very well happen.....DC is gonna have to play all 4 quarters from here on out. Play them smart and play them consistent...not a whole heck of alot chance of stopping Prather so get on the other 4. We CANNOT get in foul trouble and need to make smart choices when setting up plays.

My picks:

Dyer Co. over Haywood

North Side over Milan

Covington over Obion Central

Fayette Ware over Westview

Dyer Co. over North Side

Covington over Fayette Ware

Dyer Co. over Covington

Lots of great games in this tournament. The best first round game could be Haywood at Dyer Co., though Fayette Ware at Westview probably will be very close. Dyer Co. and North Side makes an outstanding semifinal game. It could go either way.

One thing for sure, DC is going to have to play great basketball to win this tournament. If they can get past Haywood, I think they will have somewhat of a homecourt advantage if they play JNS and Covington. They have played there several times over the last few years and I don't think either JNS or Cov. have played there lately, if ever. DC has played well over the last few games and hopefully that will continue over the next month ( if they continue winning). They score most of their points in the lane so it would be a big plus if they can knockdown some 3's and freethrows.

Exactly right. The funny thing is that Dyer Co. got the much tougher road to a region championship than did Covington, the way the brackets shook out. They have to play Haywood, a team they beat by 41 back in November but by just a point in Brownsville last month. Then there's Casey Prather and North Side. The Choctaws better strap them on tight.