Scrimmages this week (3/2)

jogabonito6

Gallatin 3

Portland 2

game was tied at half 1-1. portland then scored 9 min into the second half making it 2-1 portland. gallatin scored off a corner a little over half way in the second half making it 2-2. The last goal was a own goal with 9 min left in game. Both teams played very hard a awesome scrim to watch.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville: 3

Science Hill: 1

Science Hill has a VERY talented team. #10 is extremely fast, and gave us fits in the first half. The first half was all Science Hill. Maryville looked like they didn't know what to do with SH's talent.

Maryville adjusted well in the second half and definitely had the run of play. They stepped up the defensive pressure and were able to put the ball away. Very good second half effort from Maryville. Good luck to SH in the regular season.

Alcoa - 2

Webb - 0

Fairly even match. Especially early when both teams were feeling each other out. We scored off 2 breakaways created by hustle plays. Thought we had the run of play early in second half, but Webb put on a ton of pressure the last 20, and I was upset we were sitting on our heels. I was waiting for the Spartans to put one or two in, but we were able to get out of there.

Good luck to the Boys from Webb this year. Very classy group of young men.

Congratulations akula, nice win against a quality team.

Gallatin 3

Portland 2

game was tied at half 1-1. portland then scored 9 min into the second half making it 2-1 portland. gallatin scored off a corner a little over half way in the second half making it 2-2. The last goal was a own goal with 9 min left in game. Both teams played very hard a awesome scrim to watch.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Portland get the last goal scored on them with their JV in?

i hear columbia academy beat columbia central 1-0 varsity on varsity. then everyone started mixin up all the players and central got up like 2-1...then CA's JV got drilled.

Yeah, Central's starters only played the first thirty minutes and played poorly. We got scored on in the first minute or so from about ten yards outside the 18

By the way, Columbia-Hendersonville game has been moved to 6:00 for the JV and 7:15/7:30 for the Varsity at Columbia.

Re Scalfe the Elder...he's always good for a couple + calls a match where you wonder "what in the world is that all about". Pretty much evens up for both sides though. And when he is center, you are guaranteed at least one Napolean complex moment. Scalfe the Younger is rock solid--happy to see him pull up for the game.

West 1

CAK 4

West out played us in the first half. They scored first off of a nice header on a good serve while we were caught pushing out. They played very fast, and had some nice results with Tanner and Jack up top. Tanner was, as always, deadly with his throws. We started to click in the second half. Great aggressive game.

This was West's first scrimmage, so I am sure that Coach McCoy was trying some new things to prepare for his season opener on Monday.

Thanks for hosting us, and good luck to coach McCoy and to the West team.