HAMPTON BULLDOGS!

bulldog787

Well,the personal fouls kind of went across the board, all 3 teams got a little testy at times.

To answer the question of how Hampton looked, They looked good. They did move the ball well but did not really slow down either team with their D. I think the difference between bigger schools and smaller schools is usually overall team speed and that is what hurt Hampton. The corners just did not contain much and the edges were wide open all night. I was impressed with them overall. I hope everyone stayed healthy and best of luck to you guys this season.

At least the Boys from Hampton has another week of practice. Going against 2 quality opponents ,you find things you need to get better at. May spend part of the week in anger management. Overall .I think the coaches were happy. Good job Dogs.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least the Boys from Hampton has another week of practice. Going against 2 quality opponents ,you find things you need to get better at. May spend part of the week in anger management. Overall .I think the coaches were happy. Good job Dogs.

Someone told me that we had problems containing the outside because we had week corners. I heard we hadnt practiced D this week. That always seems to happen though more practice on O and not much on D or special teams.

Its just the first week of spring practice though alot of time to work on that I guess. Im glad we did pretty good against a couple of much larger schools, it looks like we have alot to look forward to this year. Keep working hard dogs and stay in the weight room this summer.

GOOD JOB DOGS!!!!

I was impressed with Hampton. I know it is spring ball but the offense did pretty good moving the ball. The defense gave up a few big plays but that can be fixed. I wonder why they weren't calling personal fouls? They only called a couple all night that I can remember and there were clearly a lot more than that. One player in partuicular stuck out to me as committing personal fouls, as I personally saw about six or seven from the one player. I guess since he wasn't in on many tackles he figured he would just pile in late to get his number called!!!

Our players commented on how classy you guys were. You should do well this season. Good Luck.

I was impressed with Hampton. I know it is spring ball but the offense did pretty good moving the ball. The defense gave up a few big plays but that can be fixed. I wonder why they weren't calling personal fouls? They only called a couple all night that I can remember and there were clearly a lot more than that. One player in partuicular stuck out to me as committing personal fouls, as I personally saw about six or seven from the one player. I guess since he wasn't in on many tackles he figured he would just pile in late to get his number called!!!

Our players commented on how classy you guys were. You should do well this season. Good Luck.

From what I've heard ,all 3 of these teams could be pretty solid, I think all 3 teams were a little chippy, I think Hampton may have got over theirs today, up downs works wonders.

Good luck to you guys during the season ,and thanks for the props.

Yes They do

Mike loves his players as much as anyone you are ever going to see, he would rather go around patting everyone on the back or hugging their necks for a job well done. He knows football and kids, he expects kids to know their assignments and to do them with their bset effort every play ,he also expects them to do it with class. If the kids do these things ,the up downs will be few, You mess with him and try to get by with junk, he will break you, Friday nights are the reward, do what he expects and I garantee you will have alot of good Friday nights. Check the wins and losses while he was at Cloudland and you'll see what I'm talking about. The losses were few. Hampton is nothing more than a bigger version of Cloudland, more kids ,more talent.

Mike loves his players as much as anyone you are ever going to see, he would rather go around patting everyone on the back or hugging their necks for a job well done. He knows football and kids, he expects kids to know their assignments and to do them with their bset effort every play ,he also expects them to do it with class. If the kids do these things ,the up downs will be few, You mess with him and try to get by with junk, he will break you, Friday nights are the reward, do what he expects and I garantee you will have alot of good Friday nights. Check the wins and losses while he was at Cloudland and you'll see what I'm talking about. The losses were few. Hampton is nothing more than a bigger version of Cloudland, more kids ,more talent.

I think one difference though is that most of cloudlands players in years past were quicker to walk away from conflict on the field. They were taught to let thier plays on the field do the talking - no need for fighting. A good hit and a W in the end would hurt the opponent more than a shove or a fist. Anyone can fight, but not just anyone can WIN.

I think one difference though is that most of cloudlands players in years past were quicker to walk away from conflict on the field. They were taught to let thier plays on the field do the talking - no need for fighting. A good hit and a W in the end would hurt the opponent more than a shove or a fist. Anyone can fight, but not just anyone can WIN.

The one's at Hampton will be taught the same thing, its called controlled aggression. Its really pretty simple ,you either play with disapline or you watch. Its not going to be easy to start at Hampton, little things will determine the role you play on the team.

Everything that Mike teaches on the field is also applied to life. If you are undisciplined and uncontrolled, then people with badges and night sticks will be sure to control most of your life. Maturity is looking at the big picture and reaping the rewards of victory: not thinking only of ones self when faced with a conflict.

Hampton had a real good spring practices this year! The Linemen knew what to do and listened to what the coaches said no back talking or excuses they did what ever they were told! Hampton Has a great group of Seniors that want to win and work to do so! These Players all want to work and get better and pick up where the 13-1 team left off! These team has just as much talent and size as that team and if they work hard all summer they will be better then that team! Hampton has Two Real Good Quarter Backs and They have a big strong line who works hard and they have several good receivers(Jacob Jones,Brandon Hodges,Zach Deyton,Johnny Cribs,Eddie Olveria and Dylan Ward)who do more then catch the ball they even try to Block! They have Found some Young kids (Jessi Tom,James Hychatte And Johnny Cribs) that will help give Adam Taylor a rest at the RB position And Have Six real strong Full backs (Taylor Edwards,Jonathan Nickels, Andrew Webb,Tyler Trusler,Justin Adkins and T J Lyons) also Every one of them Can play Tight End! They have a big strong group of linemen (Logan Andrews,Cody Madden,Lucas Teague,Cody Buckles,Jordan Dugger,Nathan Jenkins,Josh Deloch, and Kevin Price) All of them work hard! The D is improved a lot from last year also! At Defensive Tackle Cody Madden,Jordan Dugger,Cody Buckles,Kevin Price,Nathan Jenkins, and Josh Deloch Share Playin time and At D End they have Taylor Edwards, T J Lyons,Jonathen Nickels,Andrew Webb, and Andrew Young all can play these position! at LB They have Logan Andrews,Lucas Teague,Tyler Trosler, And Derek Smith and they have so many Db's it's hard to name them all! Good luck Dogs! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Hampton had a real good spring practices this year! The Linemen knew what to do and listened to what the coaches said no back talking or excuses they did what ever they were told! Hampton Has a great group of Seniors that want to win and work to do so! These Players all want to work and get better and pick up where the 13-1 team left off! These team has just as much talent and size as that team and if they work hard all summer they will be better then that team! Hampton has Two Real Good Quarter Backs and They have a big strong line who works hard and they have several good receivers(Jacob Jones,Brandon Hodges,Zach Deyton,Johnny Cribs,Eddie Olveria and Dylan Ward)who do more then catch the ball they even try to Block! They have Found some Young kids (Jessi Tom,James Hychatte And Johnny Cribs) that will help give Adam Taylor a rest at the RB position And Have Six real strong Full backs (Taylor Edwards,Jonathan Nickels, Andrew Webb,Tyler Trusler,Justin Adkins and T J Lyons) also Every one of them Can play Tight End! They have a big strong group of linemen (Logan Andrews,Cody Madden,Lucas Teague,Cody Buckles,Jordan Dugger,Nathan Jenkins,Josh Deloch, and Kevin Price) All of them work hard! The D is improved a lot from last year also! At Defensive Tackle Cody Madden,Jordan Dugger,Cody Buckles,Kevin Price,Nathan Jenkins, and Josh Deloch Share Playin time and At D End they have Taylor Edwards, T J Lyons,Jonathen Nickels,Andrew Webb, and Andrew Young all can play these position! at LB They have Logan Andrews,Lucas Teague,Tyler Trosler, And Derek Smith and they have so many Db's it's hard to name them all! Good luck Dogs! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Justin Adkins plays back up line backer also and Db's are Jacob Jones,Dylan Ward,Brett Price,Adam Taylor,Eddie Olveria,Johnny Cribs,Zach Deyton,Jason Lyons,Brandon Hodges,James Hychatte,Jessi Tom, and Brandon Knight!!!!!! This is also not included all the Freshmen next year so i think They will have a real good Season Go dogs! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Justin Adkins plays back up line backer also and Db's are Jacob Jones,Dylan Ward,Brett Price,Adam Taylor,Eddie Olveria,Johnny Cribs,Zach Deyton,Jason Lyons,Brandon Hodges,James Hychatte,Jessi Tom, and Brandon Knight!!!!!! This is also not included all the Freshmen next year so i think They will have a real good Season Go dogs! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

#s Do not always mean results