Refrees?

bulldog787

As for accusing a official of cheating that is going to far. Yes some are missed, and some are just plain bad. I will never believe that a official goes out with the intentions of cheating. Most of the guys I know beat themselfs up pretty good on the drive home about a poor job or missed call that hurt a team. Our assigning officer for football actually brought in a agent from the FBI to one of our meeting just to discuss possibly things like that and the pently involved. I do not know about you but 85 dollars is not worth the time, embassesment and shame that would come with it.

As for cheating, next time your at work and take that extra smoke break or take that few extra minutes in the break room, rember that is cheating!! Even if you don't think so, it is cheating! Don't feel so good to be called a cheater does it?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for accusing a official of cheating that is going to far. Yes some are missed, and some are just plain bad. I will never believe that a official goes out with the intentions of cheating. Most of the guys I know beat themselfs up pretty good on the drive home about a poor job or missed call that hurt a team. Our assigning officer for football actually brought in a agent from the FBI to one of our meeting just to discuss possibly things like that and the pently involved. I do not know about you but 85 dollars is not worth the time, embassesment and shame that would come with it.

As for cheating, next time your at work and take that extra smoke break or take that few extra minutes in the break room, rember that is cheating!! Even if you don't think so, it is cheating! Don't feel so good to be called a cheater does it?

i wish they would bring the FBI up here cause alot of these refs would be more motiveated to call better

You make a great point.

I've met some very classy refs and unfortunatly met some that werent so classy. The other night at a ball game i had one tell me that I couldnt stand in a certain area. After I moved to the designated area where he said I was allowed to be. He come through and basically kicked me and stepped on my feet. Pretty obvious it was on purpose. I hadnt said one negative thing to the guy or even begun yelling. It was only the first quarter. Pretty childish of him i thought.

But since you are a ref im going to take advantage of you being here and ask you.. is there a rule anywhere that says you cant stand in front of the free throw line behind the goal if you are a good 4 feet off the court and that is where your student section bleachers are located?

If you could answer that i would greatly appreciate it.

If your talking about the Livingston Academy vs DCA game Saturday those refs were abosultly stupid! And before you say any thing about anything I have done some refing. The ref made the student section go up into the stands within a min. into the game and they had done nothing wrong. He just wanted them moved and delayed the game almost 10 mins doing so and made a fool out of himself in the process. They have always stood there sense i can remember. They are a good four or five foot back from being anywhere near the baseline. He would have been better off if he would have just left them alone because they stood the whole time in the bleachers that were about a foot behind them and gave him heck all night. But thats ok because he just fired up our whole fan base and made things even better. This same ref also let a "T" go as a double dribble. You can wrap your arms around someones neck and drag them to the floor. The kid should have been T'd up and ejected immeditaly ive saw it happen for far less than that. That same ref also caused a mess when he called a "T" on one of the LA boys who did aboslutly nothing but a minor foul and then turned and walked off and never said a word. DCA got by with everything and LA got called everytime they moved. It was by far one sided on officating.Thankfully LA come out on top and still won. I went to another game here recently to where the foul count was 16-2 in the third quarter and by the time the game was done almost three hours later there were over 50 fouls in the second half. Some things officials do are just plain stupid!! Neither team ever got a goo rythem going that night they couldnt and the final score was bout half what it should have been. I go into the game giving the refrees a fair chance and I know they have a hard job but when things like that happen its hard to just let it go.

If your talking about the Livingston Academy vs DCA game Saturday those refs were abosultly stupid! And before you say any thing about anything I have done some refing. The ref made the student section go up into the stands within a min. into the game and they had done nothing wrong. He just wanted them moved and delayed the game almost 10 mins doing so and made a fool out of himself in the process. They have always stood there sense i can remember. They are a good four or five foot back from being anywhere near the baseline. He would have been better off if he would have just left them alone because they stood the whole time in the bleachers that were about a foot behind them and gave him heck all night. But thats ok because he just fired up our whole fan base and made things even better. This same ref also let a "T" go as a double dribble. You can wrap your arms around someones neck and drag them to the floor. The kid should have been T'd up and ejected immeditaly ive saw it happen for far less than that. That same ref also caused a mess when he called a "T" on one of the LA boys who did aboslutly nothing but a minor foul and then turned and walked off and never said a word. DCA got by with everything and LA got called everytime they moved. It was by far one sided on officating.Thankfully LA come out on top and still won. I went to another game here recently to where the foul count was 16-2 in the third quarter and by the time the game was done almost three hours later there were over 50 fouls in the second half. Some things officials do are just plain stupid!! Neither team ever got a goo rythem going that night they couldnt and the final score was bout half what it should have been. I go into the game giving the refrees a fair chance and I know they have a hard job but when things like that happen its hard to just let it go.

So True

Ive watched and heard a ref tell a player from where I went to school that if he had anything to do about it the player would foul out of the game before halftime and his team would lose bad. So YES some refs do come into games very judgemental and biased toward one team or another ab bthw he had 4 fouls before the half and fouled out within 2 mins of the third. Our team won but only because the other team couldnt hit free throws.

Ive watched and heard a ref tell a player from where I went to school that if he had anything to do about it the player would foul out of the game before halftime and his team would lose bad. So YES some refs do come into games very judgemental and biased toward one team or another ab bthw he had 4 fouls before the half and fouled out within 2 mins of the third. Our team won but only because the other team couldnt hit free throws.

that happens every time up here. some ref always wants to show his butt

I think you two would be the ones i would tell, It's a $35 registration fee, $30 for the shirt, $40 for the pants, $5 for the whistle, $100 for the shoes and we take almost all comers!

Some people have this opinion that we have 100% control over what goes on out on the court. Simply not true. The coach, in my opinion, has more control than we do. All we can do is blow the whistle. If little Johnny gets his head tore off we call the foul and coach leaves Guido in the ball game to take out another hit two plays later, how is that the officials fault?? The coach has just as much control, and in my opinion more, than anyone else in the gym. We just blow whistles.

Another thing, what is this foul count business all about??? I had a game on Saturday where the foul shot difference was around 30??¦. One team shot 39 I believe and the other shot 7. How on earth is that my fault?? If one team is jacking 3??™s from all over the court and playing full court man up defense. The foul count is going to be skewed.

So the foul count and foul shot discrepancy means NOTHING. It??™s all in the context of the game. It??™s easy to list that out in the box score on Monday but it means nothing. Put one of Reggie Miller??™s teams up against the old school Detroit Pistons and I??™m sure there is a huge foul discrepancy. But it??™s all about style of play and not whether Steve Jabby blew his whistle enough.

As for the ???player said nothing??? comment. I have two examples for you. One about two weeks ago. A player walked by me and said ???Mother @#*%&??? Not a person in the gym heard him but me. He got a technical and the players dad yelled at me that he was the best kid in his Sunday School class what could he have possibly said to get at ???T???. I didn??™t want to break his heart that Little Johnny knew profanity and, heaven forbid, actually used it!!

Example number two: Middle School game about 3 years ago. A kid, probably in sixth grade, Said now that is a Bull *&%$ Call. Same thing. No one heard it but me! Not Little Johnny!! He could do no wrong!!

It??™s all perception. You go to a game wanting to see your school win. If they don??™t win you place blame on others. Goes with the current economic crisis. You were so stupid you got in over your head in debt. Must be the government and the lenders fault!! Not yours. You can do no wrong!! ???

I think all psychology majors, as a study in perception, should be required to referee for 3 years. Heck everyone for that matter!!

I think you two would be the ones i would tell, It's a $35 registration fee, $30 for the shirt, $40 for the pants, $5 for the whistle, $100 for the shoes and we take almost all comers!

Some people have this opinion that we have 100% control over what goes on out on the court. Simply not true. The coach, in my opinion, has more control than we do. All we can do is blow the whistle. If little Johnny gets his head tore off we call the foul and coach leaves Guido in the ball game to take out another hit two plays later, how is that the officials fault?? The coach has just as much control, and in my opinion more, than anyone else in the gym. We just blow whistles.

Another thing, what is this foul count business all about??? I had a game on Saturday where the foul shot difference was around 30??¦. One team shot 39 I believe and the other shot 7. How on earth is that my fault?? If one team is jacking 3??™s from all over the court and playing full court man up defense. The foul count is going to be skewed.

So the foul count and foul shot discrepancy means NOTHING. It??™s all in the context of the game. It??™s easy to list that out in the box score on Monday but it means nothing. Put one of Reggie Miller??™s teams up against the old school Detroit Pistons and I??™m sure there is a huge foul discrepancy. But it??™s all about style of play and not whether Steve Jabby blew his whistle enough.

As for the ???player said nothing??? comment. I have two examples for you. One about two weeks ago. A player walked by me and said ???Mother @#*%&??? Not a person in the gym heard him but me. He got a technical and the players dad yelled at me that he was the best kid in his Sunday School class what could he have possibly said to get at ???T???. I didn??™t want to break his heart that Little Johnny knew profanity and, heaven forbid, actually used it!!

Example number two: Middle School game about 3 years ago. A kid, probably in sixth grade, Said now that is a Bull *&%$ Call. Same thing. No one heard it but me! Not Little Johnny!! He could do no wrong!!

It??™s all perception. You go to a game wanting to see your school win. If they don??™t win you place blame on others. Goes with the current economic crisis. You were so stupid you got in over your head in debt. Must be the government and the lenders fault!! Not yours. You can do no wrong!! ???

I think all psychology majors, as a study in perception, should be required to referee for 3 years. Heck everyone for that matter!!

OK hopefully you dont ref like you read!My third or fourth sentence said that I have refed games before! The player im talking about said nothing to the ref they were on complete opposite sides of the gym. He was talking to the coach while the player that was fouled took his foul shots and he called him for it in the middle of the other player tring to shoot. And Im positive that he would have had to yell whatever for the ref to be able to hear him in that gym. Its not like he was standing on top of him. Last time I heard talking to the coach didnt warrent a "T". The coach does have more control than the refs i agree. If a coach has a player that is commiting hard fouls like that they should pull that player if they have any decency to them. But if they wont do it then its the refrees job to "T" up the kid and get rid of him before someone gets hurt. And it is the officials fault if they let things like that go on thats why we have the right to eject kids from the game or give them a "T" and hope they learn from it and keep playing. As to the foul count thing I was talking about: It was uncalled for. If either side moved there was a foul called. Alot of it stupid stuff that shoud have never been called. And then alot that should have been was let go. By the time it was done both teams were down to their second string of players and some of them bout fouled out. Thats going to far. Just like if a crew dont call anything during a game its not right and not fair to either side! Btw buddy we did win Saturday night and I still believe that the ref was dead wrong on what he did. Like I said I go into a game giving the refs a fair chance along with both teams I know what its like to have to call games. But when you have things like that going on then something needs to be done! Im sure I could probably get you a copy of the game calls from the radio station so that you can hear for your self what happened up here and it wasnt just our radio guy that said it was screwed up it was DCAs too from what ive been told. We have some very good refs inTN but we aslo have those that dont belong refing a todlers game.

that happens every time up here. some ref always wants to show his butt

Are you from 7AA?

The ref made the student section go up into the stands within a min. into the game and they had done nothing wrong. He just wanted them moved and delayed the game almost 10 mins doing so and made a fool out of himself in the process. They have always stood there sense i can remember. They are a good four or five foot back from being anywhere near the baseline. He would have been better off if he would have just left them alone because they stood the whole time in the bleachers that were about a foot behind them and gave him heck all night. But thats ok because he just fired up our whole fan base and made things even better. This same ref also let a "T" go as a double dribble. You can wrap your arms around someones neck and drag them to the floor. The kid should have been T'd up and ejected immeditaly ive saw it happen for far less than that. That same ref also caused a mess when he called a "T" on one of the LA boys who did aboslutly nothing but a minor foul and then turned and walked off and never said a word. DCA got by with everything and LA got called everytime they moved. It was by far one sided on officating.

So who's buying dinner? you or the ref that you are infatuated with? Sounds like someone wants to go on a date!

OK hopefully you dont ref like you read!My third or fourth sentence said that I have refed games before! The player im talking about said nothing to the ref they were on complete opposite sides of the gym. He was talking to the coach while the player that was fouled took his foul shots and he called him for it in the middle of the other player tring to shoot. And Im positive that he would have had to yell whatever for the ref to be able to hear him in that gym. Its not like he was standing on top of him. Last time I heard talking to the coach didnt warrent a "T". The coach does have more control than the refs i agree. If a coach has a player that is commiting hard fouls like that they should pull that player if they have any decency to them. But if they wont do it then its the refrees job to "T" up the kid and get rid of him before someone gets hurt. And it is the officials fault if they let things like that go on thats why we have the right to eject kids from the game or give them a "T" and hope they learn from it and keep playing. As to the foul count thing I was talking about: It was uncalled for. If either side moved there was a foul called. Alot of it stupid stuff that shoud have never been called. And then alot that should have been was let go. By the time it was done both teams were down to their second string of players and some of them bout fouled out. Thats going to far. Just like if a crew dont call anything during a game its not right and not fair to either side! Btw buddy we did win Saturday night and I still believe that the ref was dead wrong on what he did. Like I said I go into a game giving the refs a fair chance along with both teams I know what its like to have to call games. But when you have things like that going on then something needs to be done! Im sure I could probably get you a copy of the game calls from the radio station so that you can hear for your self what happened up here and it wasnt just our radio guy that said it was screwed up it was DCAs too from what ive been told. We have some very good refs inTN but we aslo have those that dont belong refing a todlers game.

Are you from 7AA?

Reading all of your posts I can tell that you go in to a game giving the officials a fair shot! HA! And by the way ???buddy???, you can??™t count Junior Pro or your little sisters practice games as ???Referee??? experience!

It??™s a little different when the games matter. So like I said before. You know how much it costs. Put your money where your mouth is. Put some stripes on and see how you feel afterwards. If you had actually been in the locker room at half time of a tightly contested game your tone would be entirely different.