Refrees?

bulldog787

Dang it why do I have to have a real job and not able to set here all day and play with you guys!!

OK so I want to try this on for size?€¦.

I was approved to work the final four last night, work for unapproved website as a ?€œRules Analyst?€? did 6 NBA playoff games last year. I worked International Games for the Olympics and wrote this past years rule book?€¦?€¦

Those are all facts?€¦ Don?€™t question me?€¦. I said it online it must be the truth!!

Still think you are a liar.

Just curious but what would lead you to believe that ( Understanding : This is an honest question )

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious but what would lead you to believe that ( Understanding : This is an honest question )

I??™m just very suspicious. I have never worked with anyone that would tout their own successes so freely and in the same breath berate a fellow official. I think it??™s very funny where this post has gone since he joined. For the most part it was just a back and forth about rules, situations and opinions till negative Nancy joined.

It??™s a strange group of folks that choose to do this. Typically pretty humble. Outgoing but normally humble people. I sense the force is weak in this one??¦.

I??™m just relying on my judgment!! That tends to get us in trouble sometimes too!!

I??™m just very suspicious. I have never worked with anyone that would tout their own successes so freely and in the same breath berate a fellow official. I think it??™s very funny where this post has gone since he joined. For the most part it was just a back and forth about rules, situations and opinions till negative Nancy joined.

It??™s a strange group of folks that choose to do this. Typically pretty humble. Outgoing but normally humble people. I sense the force is weak in this one??¦.

I??™m just relying on my judgment!! That tends to get us in trouble sometimes too!!

It has gone in that direction because I obviously am not entitled to my opinion. I have not berated any one official. I have simply said that some should find another hobby. I was not trying to tout my own success, just wanted to say that coming from an official that has done ok, I think some need to do something else. All I was trying to get across is that there are some officials that do not belong in the profession. As I have said several times before, that is a small number of officials, but there are some. For the most part, I think officials do a good job. Again, I admire the basketball officials that do give their best every night. It is by far the hardest sport to officiate. I was not trying to single any one person out. If I led some to think I was doing that, I sincerely apologize. And I am by no means lumping all officials into one group. Anyone that goes to a game on his or her off night would have to admit they have seen some pretty bad officiating at times. Not that I am perfect, I never said that either.

Finally, I have a few guys agree with me! Awake sleeping GIANT... haha... Mr. Reffin here I guess just worded it better for all to understand... You sir Must be a living legend as a referee..

Finally, I have a few guys agree with me! Awake sleeping GIANT... haha... Mr. Reffin here I guess just worded it better for all to understand... You sir Must be a living legend as a referee..

Does this mean we win??? It must have been the officials fault!! HAHA

Does this mean we win??? It must have been the officials fault!! HAHA

I'm not trying to help prove or disprove anyone's opinion here. I'm just of the opinion that an official should be able to call bull if he/she sees it and not be chastised for not just falling in line. Now, that said if a person is going to identify themselves as an official ( as you have Reffin ) or as a coach then it needs to be understood that tact and a strong but respectful attitude must be taken ( as I believe you have )

( but yes, if my opinion loses I blame the officials on this thread /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> )

I'm not trying to help prove or disprove anyone's opinion here. I'm just of the opinion that an official should be able to call bull if he/she sees it and not be chastised for not just falling in line. Now, that said if a person is going to identify themselves as an official ( as you have Reffin ) or as a coach then it needs to be understood that tact and a strong but respectful attitude must be taken ( as I believe you have )

( but yes, if my opinion loses I blame the officials on this thread /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> )

I'm sorry but the "If my opinion loses......" just made me laugh really loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm sorry but the "If my opinion loses......" just made me laugh really loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thanks. I try /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Reffin, finally we find something to agree on. That was hilarious. Glad someone could finally lighten the mood a bit. Guys, I am not trying to be an idiot when I say what I have said nor am I trying to call out all officials. All I want to do is put my point of view out there. I don't have a beef with anyone and actually can see some of the points you guys are making. It would be very difficult to punish officials because of the he/said, she/said stuff that would go on. I just wish officiating would be more consistent. Maybe I should have said it a little better in the earlier post.