can mc minn central win it all?

mccharger

Well here raider2 is again always disagree something about Central. Raider2 all im sayin is that u come to the game tomorrow night and let the Chargerettes show you just how good they are thats all im sayin raider. Hope to see you there

I don't consider Polk County a state tournament team! The thread was started with a question....can mcminn central win it all? In my opinion, the answer is no and I've given my reasons why! You central fans crack me up!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, Central and Polk cannot even be compared on the same level simply because of the fact that the Chargerettes have wore them out on a consistent basis all year long... 3 times and make it 4 after Wednesday night! Central has a great chance for a run to the state title this year, but poor ole Polk... they should just feel lucky to make it as far as they have. I would hate to be a Polk fan and have to take the beating they are going to recieve from Upperman in the Sub-State game!

WORE THEM OUT ALL YEAR??! Are you kidding me? If i may take you back to the game on Dec. 15 @ Polk where Central only won by 4. Thats a spanking alright. Polk is simply intimidated by the baby blue. Have no clue why, but they are. I would love to see both teams come out tomorrow at the top of their game. That would make for a great show. As for Polk being wore out by Upperman, I dont see where you get that. Maybe you need to watch Polk play against someone other than Central. GO POLK!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Didn't say I was the personell director for McMinn Central High School. Didn't realize the school had a position of strength coach? Are you employed by the school system? Give me some details of your responsibilities of the team? How many days of the week do the girls workout?

Raider like i have said all alone you are a complete idiot who obviously has no clue about the Central program. You cant stand to know that Central has a chance to win state this year. GO CHARGEREETES!!! And like i said hope you come out tomorrow and watch them play.

I don't consider Polk County a state tournament team! The thread was started with a question....can mcminn central win it all? In my opinion, the answer is no and I've given my reasons why! You central fans crack me up!

Well, your obsession and jealousy of Central cracks us all up. But what really cracked us up was when you got bi_ch slapped by Central's Strength & Conditioning Coach. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But don't let all of that keep you from continuing to make a fol out of yourself. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I didn't say he was not a good coach...I said "he wasn't good enough" Playing some great teams CLOSE in the state tournament is exactly my point- Getting close doesn't count! His track record over the years has them losing in the sub-state or state tournament to equal or better teams. I just don't think he is a good enough coach to beat equal or better teams when it counts. I also think they've had enough talent over the years to win a State Championship at the AA level. Personally, I think the weak schedule they play year in and year out hurts them come March. What good holiday tournaments have they played in to get them ready for the state tournament? Lenoir City Classic, Times Freepress...those are really tough! What makes this team and coach any different? Not bashing just putting out the some facts.

What other girls coach from district 5AA has taken a team to the state tournament in the last twenty years? Jewell at Meigs and Morgan at Central. No other team has dominated our area like Central since Meigs in the 90's. You are bashing him, dont deny it. Give the man some credit he wins. He has built a program that other schools should envy. I am NOT a Central fan, I am a sports nut who appreciates hard work. Morgan works hard and it shows.

Has it ever occured to you that by just playing many games close in the state tournament it's considered successful? How many coaches can say they've done as well as Coach Morgan has in the state tournament?

I can honestly say I've seen some Central teams play above their heads and win some games in the state tournament, but I've never - NEVER - seen them lose a game in the state tournament to a team they should have beaten. I did think they had a chance to beat Marshall County last year, but with a difference of 20 fouls called between the two teams, Central's task was too monumental to overcome, even if Pat Summitt had been coaching them.

Once you get to the final 8 teams, any one of them can win it all. A teams fortune or misfortune can be determined by a few calls or no-calls, and the bounce of the ball. If Marshall County and Hume-Fogg played 10 games, how much money would you wager that Marshall County would have won the majority of the games - maybe 9 of them? Unfortunately for Marshall County, their season is over just because of that one loss last night.....but that still doesn't mean they're quite possibly not the best team in the state. Do you question their coach's ability?

As someone above mentioned, Coach Morgan is still a great coach - whether Central wins the state this year or never.

No, I do not consider under achieving as being successful! I also do not consider playing teams close at the state tournament as being successful if you've had the talent to win it.

I do not consider fortune to be the reason Livingston, Jackson County, Shelbyville, Oak Ridge, etc to be the reason they have won multiple state championships. So are you saying that McMinn Central has not won a state championship because of bad calls and/or bad bounces?

Again, the thread was started by someone asking can Central win it all? I've given my opinion, and my reasons why. I have never said that Coach Morgan was not a good coach! Lets see if my opinion is wrong or right come state tournament time.

No, I do not consider under achieving as being successful! I also do not consider playing teams close at the state tournament as being successful if you've had the talent to win it.

I do not consider fortune to be the reason Livingston, Jackson County, Shelbyville, Oak Ridge, etc to be the reason they have won multiple state championships. So are you saying that McMinn Central has not won a state championship because of bad calls and/or bad bounces?

Again, the thread was started by someone asking can Central win it all? I've given my opinion, and my reasons why. I have never said that Coach Morgan was not a good coach! Lets see if my opinion is wrong or right come state tournament time.

Personally raider i would love to know who you are. Pathetic is all im saying go to another thread

Raider2,

Educate us. Who in your view are the teams left in the tourney that are better than McMinn Central? Marshall County is gone but that could happen to anybody at this level. Are there any teams from upper ET that are a threat to win it all? Who are the teams from middle and west Tennessee that can win it? How good is Upperman?

Look forward to some intelligent diologue.

What other girls coach from district 5AA has taken a team to the state tournament in the last twenty years? Jewell at Meigs and Morgan at Central. No other team has dominated our area like Central since Meigs in the 90's. You are bashing him, dont deny it. Give the man some credit he wins. He has built a program that other schools should envy. I am NOT a Central fan, I am a sports nut who appreciates hard work. Morgan works hard and it shows.

Well since you brought it up.....Yes, jewell at Meigs took several talented teams to the state tournament, and if I'm not mistaken they have a couple of state championship trophies in their trophy case to show for it. I also think Coach Davis at Polk has a state championship under his belt as well (1981 maybe?). Sweetwater had a couple of girls teams in the mid 80's that made it to the state tournament. Anything else you want to Know?

Yes, Morgan has won a lot of games, but they have won in this area because they have more talent than everyone else. And yes, Meigs in the 90's out talented teams in this area but also beat great teams at the state tournament and brought home the gold ball....there is a difference.

Again, the thread is about whether or not the chargerettes can win the state.... and the answer in my opinion is no and I've given my reasons why. Why don't you people stop getting mad and give me some good reasons for why you think I am wrong!!!!!!!

Well since you brought it up.....Yes, jewell at Meigs took several talented teams to the state tournament, and if I'm not mistaken they have a couple of state championship trophies in their trophy case to show for it. I also think Coach Davis at Polk has a state championship under his belt as well (1981 maybe?). Sweetwater had a couple of girls teams in the mid 80's that made it to the state tournament. Anything else you want to Know?

Yes, Morgan has won a lot of games, but they have won in this area because they have more talent than everyone else. And yes, Meigs in the 90's out talented teams in this area but also beat great teams at the state tournament and brought home the gold ball....there is a difference.

Again, the thread is about whether or not the chargerettes can win the state.... and the answer in my opinion is no and I've given my reasons why. Why don't you people stop getting mad and give me some good reasons for why you think I am wrong!!!!!!!

You gonna be at the game tomorrow