Grace vs The Pirates of South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

Dad burnit, Old Pirate says the Pirates are in familar waters again this year. The Pirates one of the top four 1A teams in the Chatt area again look at elimination against a good Grace team. Although the Pirates have started playing better they'll need an exceptionl performance to stay close in this one. CAN THEY......................You betcha.........will they............not likely. Sorry folks but the Pirates have not yet shown consistant smart play, hit the free throws, limit senceless turnovers. OP hopes for the best but says exspect the worst here fellers. Good Luck Pirates.

OP says the speedway boys will soon join the cross county rivals, "Jasper Gang" by hitting the weights for football.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Pittsburg will not beat Grace. They probably won't even stay within 15 points of them. SP gives Grace their yearly beating in football and Grace gives SP their annual BEATING in basketball. Hope for the best, but expect the worst in this one. Sorry guys, you had a decent year but it is time to get ready for the 09 football season now. When will this game be played?

Old Pirate, I can tell you have the wisdom of the aged /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> but do not forget that Grace was upset by Silverdale during the regular season. Anything can happen. It is a home game for South Pittsburg and Grace has a reputation for losing the big games the last two years.

I am sure you are right, though, that Grace will win this one and the boys will be back in the weight room getting ready for football, but that is a good thing, right? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Old Pirate, I can tell you have the wisdom of the aged /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> but do not forget that Grace was upset by Silverdale during the regular season. Anything can happen. It is a home game for South Pittsburg and Grace has a reputation for losing the big games the last two years.

I am sure you are right, though, that Grace will win this one and the boys will be back in the weight room getting ready for football, but that is a good thing, right? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

south pitt is athletic and they work hard that will always give a team a chance to win. its at home so Grace will need to come focused and determined to out work the pirates.

The fact that South Pitt played Arts w/in 8 in the District 6A finals and were tied with a minute left tells me they can play with any 1A school in the area.

That being said, if Grace comes in focused from the opening tip, plays good D and Shaughnessy stays off the bench it should not be close. Grace just has way too many weapons and an athletic bench.

Good game by Grace tonight. Spitt has a lot of individual talent, just couldn't put anything together on offense.

I was very impressed with the Pitt. Nice facility, and neat how it's decorated with sports pics from the past. You can tell there's a lot of community pride in the Spitt high school.

Good game by Grace tonight. Spitt has a lot of individual talent, just couldn't put anything together on offense.

I was very impressed with the Pitt. Nice facility, and neat how it's decorated with sports pics from the past. You can tell there's a lot of community pride in the Spitt high school.

Thanks, I guess. It's always nice to win, but that wasn't Grace's best game, as I'm sure you know.

The S. Pitt gym is a nice place, and the folks there are always welcoming.