Marshall County 96 vs CPA 77

Tiger_4_life

Props to Marshall Co. Only 12 3's? It seemed like they 12 in the 1st half. Anybody got their pct on the 3's. It has to be amazing. They played a great game tonight, wonder how they lost the district?

To all the CPA seniors, it has been a great ride. You are terrific young men. Best of luck in your future endeavors. I have enjoyed watching you play the last 4 years.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this win was just on account of Marshall Co. having a magical night. I really think that they are truly a better basketball team than CPA.

If MC played like that every night, yes, they are the better team. CPA is a much better team than they were tonight.

Good luck to MC and DL the rest of the way.

No one said he complained about the refs. If GB had any idea what Coach has done in the lives of the young men on the CPA team he'd keep his lame comment to himself. Sounds like MC had a magical night. Sorry to see CPA bow out. Hoped they'd get another shot at the state this year. Best of luck to MC and DL from Region 5.

I am sure Coach Maddux is a great person and has good Christian values, but my goodness, you make it sound like he was coaching some inner city school that deals with poverty and single parent (mom) homes.

What kind of talent does CPA have coming up and will it play a part in how long he stays?

CPA is a class act in all sports that I have seen and is a good example of a Christian school.

I don't see how he could have complained about the refs. I don't think he minded the fouls on Marshall Co. in the 4th quarter as he seemed to want aggressive defense.

The key was Marshall Co. holding Hunter Miller in check all night. The Marshall Co. shooters came in underrated and outperformed him. CPA came out completely unprepared. It seemed that they might have been overlooking the Tigers. But still, the better team tonight came out on top. Marshall Co. was able to knock down shots and fend off the CPA run when they cut it to 10.

Great win by the Tigers. I guess we won't be seeing CPA get another shot at Dyer Co.

I don't see how he could have complained about the refs. I don't think he minded the fouls on Marshall Co. in the 4th quarter as he seemed to want aggressive defense.

The key was Marshall Co. holding Hunter Miller in check all night. The Marshall Co. shooters came in underrated and outperformed him. CPA came out completely unprepared. It seemed that they might have been overlooking the Tigers. But still, the better team tonight came out on top. Marshall Co. was able to knock down shots and fend off the CPA run when they cut it to 10.

Great win by the Tigers. I guess we won't be seeing CPA get another shot at Dyer Co.

And how about some recognition for Jason Tigert as one of the best coaches in the area.

It's not enough that Marshall County shot better than any high school team could ever hope to shoot. It's not enough that everyone of your starters had the game of their careers. It's not enough that your guys shot over 60% from the downtown. It's not enough that your team shot maybe 90% from the free throw. It's not enough that your guys were beautifully coached and executed the game plan perfectly. Instead of bragging on your guys, you spend pointless words being critical of our coach and kids. Come on, you just saw your team play one amazing game, you should be focused on them.

So tell you what.......I'll do it. Way to go Marshall County. You were amazing against a very good CPA team that has had a lot of success. You brought it and it clicked for you tonight. You're athletic and quicker than any team in 9AA. Amazing performance by any standard or any level. Congrats to you guys.

I just stated that CPA seemed to come out unprepared because Marshall Co. jumped out to a big lead early. CPA is a good team. Mason is very impressive inside and outside. I'll give the CPA coach credit for his strategy to foul. Leading up to this game, there was already talk in a few other threads of a rematch with Dyer Co. Marshall Co. was able to play the underdog role and come out fired up. CPA didn't seemed as fired up.

It's not enough that Marshall County shot better than any high school team could ever hope to shoot. It's not enough that everyone of your starters had the game of their careers. It's not enough that your guys shot over 60% from the downtown. It's not enough that your team shot maybe 90% from the free throw. It's not enough that your guys were beautifully coached and executed the game plan perfectly. Instead of bragging on your guys, you spend pointless words being critical of our coach and kids. Come on, you just saw your team play one amazing game, you should be focused on them.

So tell you what.......I'll do it. Way to go Marshall County. You were amazing against a very good CPA team that has had a lot of success. You brought it and it clicked for you tonight. You're athletic and quicker than any team in 9AA. Amazing performance by any standard or any level. Congrats to you guys.

Now that, Matt610, is how you do condescending. From the very first sentence. And righteousness to boot with the first sentence of the second paragraph. This is exactly what I was talki....never mind, it's pointless.

Great job to Marshall County. Sad to see the end of a era at CPA. I have watched those seniors since their freshman year. What a special group. To wear the target every game, deal with injuries and tragedy, and have the record they did these past few years is outstanding. Good luck to those boy in whatever comes next, although they are well prepared for the world luck or not. As a parent at a rival school I am speaking honestly when I say that it is sad to see it end.

I just stated that CPA seemed to come out unprepared because Marshall Co. jumped out to a big lead early. CPA is a good team. Mason is very impressive inside and outside. I'll give the CPA coach credit for his strategy to foul. Leading up to this game, there was already talk in a few other threads of a rematch with Dyer Co. Marshall Co. was able to play the underdog role and come out fired up. CPA didn't seemed as fired up.

You are correct. The "fire" has been something that CPA has been searching for all season. I'm not sure about the unprepared part. Maybe just overwhelmed with such a shooting performance that Marshall County put on. Hard to answer that.

Now that, Matt610, is how you do condescending. From the very first sentence. And righteousness to boot with the first sentence of the second paragraph. This is exactly what I was talki....never mind, it's pointless.

Great job to Marshall County. Sad to see the end of a era at CPA. I have watched those seniors since their freshman year. What a special group. To wear the target every game, deal with injuries and tragedy, and have the record they did these past few years is outstanding. Good luck to those boy in whatever comes next, although they are well prepared for the world luck or not. As a parent at a rival school I am speaking honestly when I say that it is sad to see it end.

Bodawgs, you are truly pathetic.

You are correct. The "fire" has been something that CPA has been searching for all season. I'm not sure about the unprepared part. Maybe just overwhelmed with such a shooting performance that Marshall County put on. Hard to answer that.

I think you hit the point about being overwhelmed. A much better term than unprepared. The CPA fans and bench looked in complete shock in the 1st half.

It's always sad seeing the end of a team's season, when the players have put their all into this game, preparing for this moment from the end of last season. Playing with life-long friends can come to an end in 32 minutes this time of year. So while March Madness is a crazy and exciting time, it is also a time that can prove to be sad.

Should be an interesting game tommorrow night. Lipscomb has already played MC once and won, but that was at Lipscomb. We'll see how it goes this time around.

Someone mentioned Marshall Co. hitting all the 3s. This team at full strength gets to double digits in 3s hit frequently. Hopefully they will come out firing tommorrow night like they were tonight.

Bodawgs, you are truly pathetic.

Just watching the MC Tigers a few times this season it is not luck or just being hot that led to the three point baskets. Anyone who has seen this team play knows they hit double digit threes in just about all their games. No disrespect to the players at cpa but their coach was outclassed and outprepared by the tigers. I am a neutral party and firmly believe that when the game got to ten points cpa should have played straight up. All the fouling from the third qtr on was BUSHLEAGUE!

Actually, both Lipscomb AND East Lit beat Marshall County this year. East Lit led by 15 late in the 3rd and won easily by nine. No way were they quicker than the Eagles. Kedron is a difficult match-up. Hunter and Blaise shoot really well. They were a really good team last year as well. No surprise upset to me.

Also, CPA fans. I hate to tell you, but Marshall County RARELY makes less than 10 threes in a game. They hit 15 on us last year and I have seen tape of several games of 13-14 per game. They always shoot well.