Dyer County vs Covington

DCfan74

No need to cry over Spilled Milk! The fans got to see two great teams play. Well worth the price of admission. Don't label all the fans Thugs. I can honestly say that there were some unruley fans on both sides. Seems that the only ones taken out were from Covington. There was a Dyer County fan sitting right behind the Covington bench. He was cussing the Chargers every other word. The principal from Covington asked the policeman to move him to another seat. Guess what! He wasn't removed from his seat. Have a good idea as to why he did not do his job as requested. The officials could have controlled the game from the very beginning. All you have to do is call a couple ofTechnical Fouls! Players will get by with what the officials will allow them to do. Both teams were pushing, hand checking and taunting each other during the whole game. Officials never stopped it. See it on college and pros all the time.

99% of the fans on both sides appreciated seeing two great teams perform on the court. Fans were cheering hard for their home team. I saw two fans escourted from their seats during the game.

I don't believe anyone in the stands knew what the players said to each other after the game. One team was happy and the other was upset. I commend both coaching staffs for taking their team to the locker room to cool down. Both teams were able to come back on the floor and receive the ovation from the fans. They both deserved it.

I understand that two of the players on Dyer County are from Covington. One of them is a starting guard. I do believe that another one is from Halls. Rumors have that two players from Brighton might attend your school next year. Better watch out! I understand that TSSAA is reviewing this matter. Many West Tn. coaches have already talked to some of the directors at TSSAA. Better hope that Coach McCord does not get your program in trouble. Might get the Death Penalty!

I just want to say that I wish your team good luck Monday night. You are going to get to see another world when you go to BTW. Coach Horton was thanking the fans after the game for allowing his team to play Dyer Co on their home floor. Remember! Travel in a caravan and stick close together. I have been there for a game in the past years. Not very comforting!

Just an FYI for you Birdie, I was one of the fans sitting behind the Covington bench and we never once said a word to anyone on the their bench or the fans for that matter. We were there just trying to enjoy a good basketball game with our kids and then you people try to blame us for throwing trash on the court because we were DC fans sitting behind your bench. As for the principal, i'm sure he did nothing of the sort. He actually turn to us and said " you guys didn't throw that on the court". So befroe you go off make accusations about what people say and do, try too get your facts straight.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charter busses would be a good idea. $5 bucks is nice. Most people couldn't get to Ripley any cheaper than that. Memphis is a different animal no question. Speakin of coaches someone meantioned Horton from BTW. Anyone remember him wackin that guy with a chair?

when did that one happen? lol i kinda wanna crack a joke about him, but i wont. ive heard hes had to step up from the tracksuit.

That's what Horton is famous for! When he was a player at Memphis State, he was a good player from what I understand, I think it was in Mempis and he hit an opposing player with a chair.

bobby knight with a track suit? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

if what ive been hearing is true, he wont be donning the tracksuit on monday night. they say Memphis Schools requires coaches to wear suits and ties. too bad for him...

Is it just me or hasn't this McCord had issues before after a game. Seems to me his character may be questionable. It seems some of the DC kids had a lot more class than he does. It was a great game the better team won. It's just a dishearting situation when you see adults on both sides, whom should be an example, are acting as stupid as they were. It's no wonder the kids don't know how to act when you see grown folks acting a fool. People it's a high school basketball game!

Is it just me or hasn't this McCord had issues before after a game. Seems to me his character may be questionable. It seems some of the DC kids had a lot more class than he does. It was a great game the better team won. It's just a dishearting situation when you see adults on both sides, whom should be an example, are acting as stupid as they were. It's no wonder the kids don't know how to act when you see grown folks acting a fool. People it's a high school basketball game!

WHAT are you talking about...seriously. His charcter is not in question. What the heck did he do???? No doubt some adults can act idiots.

Another DC Hater trying to start crap!!!! Is all this is. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Another DC Hater trying to start crap!!!! Is all this is. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No, I was mutual- But I do remeber this type of stuff before after a DC basketball game. This was not the first time. With all due respect it's not like DC is the athletic promise land, they are certianly much more prominent now than in years past I guess that's why a little success goes a long way. My point was only that adults need to show some class on both sides so that the kids will see how to respond.

No, I was mutual- But I do remeber this type of stuff before after a DC basketball game. This was not the first time. With all due respect it's not like DC is the athletic promise land, they are certianly much more prominent now than in years past I guess that's why a little success goes a long way. My point was only that adults need to show some class on both sides so that the kids will see how to respond.

I don't think anyone has ever said it was the "promised land" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I have found 98% of both sides fans act commendable....other 2% are always questionable. Anywhere you have a large amount of people you will have some idiots...it is inevitable. Kinda a law of nature to have a few idiots running around.

I don't think anyone has ever said it was the "promised land" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I have found 98% of both sides fans act commendable....other 2% are always questionable. Anywhere you have a large amount of people you will have some idiots...it is inevitable. Kinda a law of nature to have a few idiots running around.

like it or not those 2 percent are always the ones that people remember.