Region 2-A vs. Region 1-A

DCBoysfan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you may be right. The only problem is that Cloudland plays at Rockwood and we all know that Cloudland can beat them since they have already done it once this year. When the Landers beat Rockwod earlier in the season, they did not even have the Region MVP Matthew Potter on the floor due to a broken arm...

you are right i meant university,but it doesnt matter which one this grace team for a single a team is very good,just dont have any body that can step up in the middle,around here that can work but against a GOOD balanced team they will fall hard,Cloudland rockwood will be an interesting matchup,rockwood is playing a pretty stubborn defense right now,I would have to pick them in a rematch just because of thier coach,hes great in tough games.

you are right i meant university,but it doesnt matter which one this grace team for a single a team is very good,just dont have any body that can step up in the middle,around here that can work but against a GOOD balanced team they will fall hard,Cloudland rockwood will be an interesting matchup,rockwood is playing a pretty stubborn defense right now,I would have to pick them in a rematch just because of thier coach,hes great in tough games.

Grace Rams WIN!!! GOIN TO STATE!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Grace or Cloudland will get destroyed by 20+ if they get Manassas or Humboldt in the first round... I really hope they do... I would love to see west west vs east east... in the first round... I hate the fact that there are probably 10 better single A teams that don't go to the state that are better than the best out of region 1 and 2 but due to the area you play in you are "allowed" to go to the state tournament... It's been that way ever since I have been keeping up with single A... and all I ever hear for a rebutle is Unaka won it in 04'... WOW one lucky year a region 1 or 2 team wins it out of the last 32... congrats...

Grace or Cloudland will get destroyed by 20+ if they get Manassas or Humboldt in the first round... I really hope they do... I would love to see west west vs east east... in the first round... I hate the fact that there are probably 10 better single A teams that don't go to the state that are better than the best out of region 1 and 2 but due to the area you play in you are "allowed" to go to the state tournament... It's been that way ever since I have been keeping up with single A... and all I ever hear for a rebutle is Unaka won it in 04'... WOW one lucky year a region 1 or 2 team wins it out of the last 32... congrats...

They may, but at least they have earned the chance to go, which is an accomplishment in itself. Good Luck Grace and Congrats on getting to the State Tourney!!

This is this year and I believe Grace can play with any of the teams at state in single A. Grace played a tough schedule this year alot of AA and AAA teams. Grace had a schedule strenth was 12th as to Humboldt-61st and Manassas-64th not my numbers but a computers. Three of Graces 6 losses were to teams that are at the State Tourn. A loss to AA Carter at Carter by Three before football players were out, A loss to AAA Bearden by 25 at Beardon and was 8 at half time, A loss to Temple at Temple by 9 and was tied with 3 min left and played poorly and shot 30%. Grace has had players with sickness the last three weeks but is healthy now thank goodness. The AA and AAA schools that Grace played were 7 with a combined record of 134-72. The AA and AAA schools that Humboldt played were 2 with a combined record of 29-25. The AA and AAA schools Manasses played were 5 with a combined record of 73-59. I am saying all this not to say Grace is better than these teams because I dont know that and thats why we play the games, and these teams are very good. But to say Grace is not a good team because we are from the east is not fair either. I will say this if Grace shoots the ball well and defends like they can they can beat anyone on that one night. So keep saying Grace has no chance because teams from over here NEVER win right?

[]They said the same thing in 2004

Unaka State Champions[]

This is this year and I believe Grace can play with any of the teams at state in single A. Grace played a tough schedule this year alot of AA and AAA teams. Grace had a schedule strenth was 12th as to Humboldt-61st and Manassas-64th not my numbers but a computers. Three of Graces 6 losses were to teams that are at the State Tourn. A loss to AA Carter at Carter by Three before football players were out, A loss to AAA Bearden by 25 at Beardon and was 8 at half time, A loss to Temple at Temple by 9 and was tied with 3 min left and played poorly and shot 30%. Grace has had players with sickness the last three weeks but is healthy now thank goodness. The AA and AAA schools that Grace played were 7 with a combined record of 134-72. The AA and AAA schools that Humboldt played were 2 with a combined record of 29-25. The AA and AAA schools Manasses played were 5 with a combined record of 73-59. I am saying all this not to say Grace is better than these teams because I dont know that and thats why we play the games, and these teams are very good. But to say Grace is not a good team because we are from the east is not fair either. I will say this if Grace shoots the ball well and defends like they can they can beat anyone on that one night. So keep saying Grace has no chance because teams from over here NEVER win right?

runandgun, guess the fans out west think they are the only ones that play basketball and that us teams east of nashville should just play out to the regional championships then stay at home and let them fight for state.../roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Another thing is you only beat UH by 4 on your home floor. Cloudland has beat UH three times this year, so don't think the Landers can't compete at the state tournament. Once again may David sink a river rock into Goliath's skull. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Another thing is you only beat UH by 4 on your home floor. Cloudland has beat UH three times this year, so don't think the Landers can't compete at the state tournament. Once again may David sink a river rock into Goliath's skull. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Like I said Grace is getting healthy NOW had some sickness and yes UH played a gimmick defence and played it very well.

runandgun, guess the fans out west think they are the only ones that play basketball and that us teams east of nashville should just play out to the regional championships then stay at home and let them fight for state.../roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Like I said... not just west of nashville can ball... The only regions I am harping on are 1 and 2... The only thing they have showed me is the 04' championship... and that was the worst year for single possibly ever...

Grace is a decent team, but I hope they get to play Manassas or Humboldt in the first round and get blown out by 20+... the will get beat by Temple and Grace Baptist... and probably would get beat by Summertown and CA... the only team I really see them beating up there is Cloudland... JMO... So we'll wait and see... then they will get one game, and unless it's Cloudland they will be right back in the stands watching again...