9-A

CoffeeBreak

Haven't seen any brackets but here is my understanding... Seeds 1 and 2 (Cascade and Eagleville) receive byes. That leaves 5 teams. Seeds 6 and 7 have a "play-in" game (that is Van Buren and FC Boyd). The winner of that game plays the #3 seed (MTCS). Community and Forrest play (that is the #5 seed vs the #4 seed).

Eagleville plays the winner of the #3 seed (MTCS) vs. either #6 or #7

Cascade plays the winner of #4 vs. #5 seed.

Also, I think the way it works is that Cascade has locked-up an invite to the regions (by virtue of winning the regular season). The second invite to the regions from 9-A goes to the team (other than Cascade) finishing highest in the tournament. Thus, if Cascade makes it to the championship game then the other invite goes to whoever they play. If Cascade does not make it to the championship game, then the other invite goes to the winner of the championship game.

Should be a fun week. Come spend lots of money.

I am unaware if the bracket will be posted online anywhere. I will see if we can find a computer genius to figure out the how to's on doing that. However, CoffeeBreak broke it down exactly right. I can tell you that the tournament will be held at Middle TN Christian School in Murfreesboro. It starts Friday May 1st at 5:00. Friday's games are 5:00 (MTCS v. The Play in Winner) and 7:30 (Forrest v. Community). I will double check times, but I am quite positive that is right. Then Saturday's games are at 12:30, 3:00, and 5:30

Should be a blast!! Hope to see some BIG CROWDS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st game of tourney today... Boyd vs. VB. I hope a few of the incacluable followers of this thread will post in-game updates as well as a complete post game report following the game....

Ok, probably too much to ask for -- more fun this week-end.

You must have had some big dreams last night CB....you know that ain't going to happen. lol

Haven't seen any brackets but here is my understanding... Seeds 1 and 2 (Cascade and Eagleville) receive byes. That leaves 5 teams. Seeds 6 and 7 have a "play-in" game (that is Van Buren and FC Boyd). The winner of that game plays the #3 seed (MTCS). Community and Forrest play (that is the #5 seed vs the #4 seed).

Eagleville plays the winner of the #3 seed (MTCS) vs. either #6 or #7

Cascade plays the winner of #4 vs. #5 seed.

Also, I think the way it works is that Cascade has locked-up an invite to the regions (by virtue of winning the regular season). The second invite to the regions from 9-A goes to the team (other than Cascade) finishing highest in the tournament. Thus, if Cascade makes it to the championship game then the other invite goes to whoever they play. If Cascade does not make it to the championship game, then the other invite goes to the winner of the championship game.

Should be a fun week. Come spend lots of money.

Does Cascade get an invite to the region tournament because they won the regular season district or is it because they won the regular season region?

Van Buren beat Community last night in the second game of their doubleheader. By a score of 12-11. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I wouldn't say Van Buren is the whipping boys of the district this year.

We got cheated horrible umps costed us that one. We had bases loaded 2 outs and the dude at bat struck out and their catcher dropped it. We scored 3 off that but they called us out at 1st

District 9-A

Thursday: Van Buren Co. 6, Boyd 5

At MTCS

Monday: Van Buren Co. vs. Middle Tenn Chr., 2:30 p.m.; Forrest vs. Community, 5 p.m.; Van Buren Co.-MTCS loser vs. Forrest-Community loser, 7:30 p.m.

Tuesday: Van Buren-MTCS winner vs. Eagleville, 2:30 p.m.; Forrest-Community winner vs. Cascade, 5 p.m.; losers bracket, 7:30 p.m.

Wednesday: Losers semifinal, 5 p.m.; winners final, 7:30 p.m.

Thursday: Losers final, 5 p.m.; championship, 7:30 p.m.

District 9-A

Thursday: Van Buren Co. 6, Boyd 5

At MTCS

Monday: Van Buren Co. vs. Middle Tenn Chr., 2:30 p.m.; Forrest vs. Community, 5 p.m.; Van Buren Co.-MTCS loser vs. Forrest-Community loser, 7:30 p.m.

Tuesday: Van Buren-MTCS winner vs. Eagleville, 2:30 p.m.; Forrest-Community winner vs. Cascade, 5 p.m.; losers bracket, 7:30 p.m.

Wednesday: Losers semifinal, 5 p.m.; winners final, 7:30 p.m.

Thursday: Losers final, 5 p.m.; championship, 7:30 p.m.

Results from tonight's action:

MTCS over Van Buren; Community over Forrest (awesome game -- 1-0); and Forrest over Van Buren.

Games tomorrow: MTCS vs. Eagleville; Community vs. Cascade; not sure of 3rd game -- is it loser of MTCS vs. Eagleville vs. Forrest?

MTCS over Van Buren; Community over Forrest (awesome game -- 1-0); and Forrest over Van Buren.

Games tomorrow: MTCS vs. Eagleville; Community vs. Cascade; not sure of 3rd game -- is it loser of MTCS vs. Eagleville vs. Forrest?

Community Has 9A Tournament Posted at: http://www.bedfordk12tn.com/education/comp...ondetailid=9904

In Tuesday's action.....Game #4 of the Tourney will be MTCS vs. Eagleville @ 2:30. Game #5 Community vs. Cascade @ 5:00. Last game of the night will be Game #6 (Loser of Game #4 vs. Loser of Game #5) @ 7:30. Game #6 is an elimination game.

Should make for another good night of ball. Come out and watch!!