How is no one talking about Bearden!?

rebelpride007

I come on here expecting to see a huge thread on Bearden's 93-43 Region Champ. win over Oak Ridge...yes a 50 point win in the championship yet all I see are threads about teams that are jokes compared to Bearden. I saw them play Maryville 3 times this year and watched several other games including the Oak Hill game and game tonight and without a doubt this is the best team to come through East TN in a LOOOOOOONG time. This team is so athletic and plays above the rim and pressures team constantly.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with you 100%. im only 20 years old but its not close they are the best team ive ever seen in the state of tennessee!! an ive been to the state tourny many times. the way they played against oak hill i couldnt believe it. the only team i think compares is the 97 cleveland team with vincent yarborough an del baker

They are impressive. I just hope the Bearden coach doesn't wear the players out by subbing them in and out every 2 minutes - pretty bizarre. It will be interesting to see how they play the Memphis teams, but I really expect them to win the state this year. They have been tested and blown out several very good teams this year (AE, Farragut, Oak Ridge).

i agree with you 100%. im only 20 years old but its not close they are the best team ive ever seen in the state of tennessee!! an ive been to the state tourny many times. the way they played against oak hill i couldnt believe it. the only team i think compares is the 97 cleveland team with vincent yarborough an del baker

That team must've been pretty sick, but I doubt they had the supporting cast BHS does. BHS runs 10 guys in and out and just runs teams out of the gym. If you try to run with them, you're screwed. This team has every starter over 6'4 except for the PG and they all play above the rim. I've never seen more of an athletic team...they only lost to the #2 team in the country by 8 points guys. If they win state then they have an argument for the best team out of East TN in a LOOOOOOOng time.

Raleigh has the best chance to beat Bearden out of memphis IMHO. They got leadership and great coaching. Anthony Jones, Gentry Hines, and Tank Brown will do some damage. Melrose and White Station easily have enough talent to compete/beat Bearden though.

I agree about Raleigh Egypt, but.... after watching White Station UPSET Melrose -- I would not be surprised at all to see White Station defeat Bearden, and every other non-Mps team, during the State Tournament!

Talent & size-wise, Melrose likely matches up better....

Despite their shocking loss to W.S, I still believe that Melrose has the best team in Mphs (horrific FT shooting DOOMED Melrose vs W.S). The problem for Melrose, however, is this: they will NOT defeat Raleigh Egypt in Raleigh Egypt's gym!

By the way, Liberty will NOT defeat White Station AT White Station.

----------------------------------------------------------

Raleigh Egypt and White Station will be the West TN (Mphs) representatives. One of them will, in all probability, will meet up with Bearden during the State tournament. I will NOT bet against either of these two Mphs teams, especially White Station!

SportsFan07,

I can appreciate your enthusiasm for Bearden, but-- you might want to slow your roll!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bearden might have a great team but, I guarantee you-- Bearden will not blow out our Mphs representative(s), and steam-roll to the State Title! As a matter of fact, do not be shocked should Bearden LOSE to the Mphs team.

It that happens...Trust me, it would NOT be an upset!!!