How is no one talking about Bearden!?

rebelpride007

SportsFan07,

I can appreciate your enthusiasm for Bearden, but-- you might want to slow your roll!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bearden might have a great team but, I guarantee you-- Bearden will not blow out our Mphs representative(s), and steam-roll to the State Title! As a matter of fact, do not be shocked should Bearden LOSE to the Mphs team.

It that happens...Trust me, it would NOT be an upset!!!

I agree....in my opinion, Bearden is one of the most talented teams I have ever seen in this area. But the question is.....how in the world did they have their hands full with Farragut? That showed me that when they come out complacent, they can lose to a much less talented team. I do not think they will bring it every night;therefore, I say they will not win the state.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This years Bearden team would not beat the 07 Liberty team!

My team went to state that year, so we got to watch that Liberty team play the day before we played. One of the best, quickest, fastest teams ive seen in a while... blew out every team they played... they would have probably one the state in AAA that year.

but after seeing both teams play gtl and to be completely honest im not a bearden fan, but it would be a close game, but Bearden would come out on top in that game.

My team went to state that year, so we got to watch that Liberty team play the day before we played. One of the best, quickest, fastest teams ive seen in a while... blew out every team they played... they would have probably one the state in AAA that year.

but after seeing both teams play gtl and to be completely honest im not a bearden fan, but it would be a close game, but Bearden would come out on top in that game.

Man if Bearden is better than Jackson Liberty were that year they must be awesome. Like I said earlier it's about 3 teams over here in the West that can't wait to see them...

Man if Bearden is better than Jackson Liberty were that year they must be awesome. Like I said earlier it's about 3 teams over here in the West that can't wait to see them...

Yeah man to be completely honest, im not jumping on the band wagon like a lot of ppl, but Bearden is legit one of the best teams ive seen come through east tennessee and deservingly the number 1 team in the state this year. I know the West has got a lotta talent this year, so im thinking this years state tourney is gonna be a really good one to watch.

The only problem with bearden is their coach holds them back too much if he lets them just play ball they wont be stopped

I agree that the Bearden coach seems to hold them back at times. I would like to see his best 7 play a whole game rather than subbing every 3 minutes. I thought that cost them the Oak Hill game. He has gotten away with it playing lesser talent in the Knoxville area. Don't get me wrong, the 10 he plays are all good players, but he may need to stick with his best 6 or 7 when competing in the State.

This years Class AAA state tournament could be the best one in a long time!!! Obviously I know how good Bearden is, but I also know that the two teams that will be representing Memphis will be just as good. I will be intrested to see what middle tennessee teams bring to the table. Science Hill should make it and they are riding an 18 game winning streak. However, all if you want to get to the Boro' they are all gonna have to win Monday night. Unfortunatly, I won't be able to attend the state tournament this year.... I will be sitting in a Cabana at the MGM grand watching march madness, with some senoritas by my side.... I WOULD!!!

All in all, every game in Boro will be instant CLASSICS!!!!

i said on another post if bearden keeps the rotation that they have and do not keep their main STUDS on the court then they will not win state. i saw this in the arby's classic, they had better talent but chose to stay with the rotation and a good team beat them. also their lack of a point guard will cost them the state. i saw them try to put 2 or 3 different guys at the poin in the arby's and with quality pressure they threw all over the gym

I agree that Blevins needs to let them play. That was the one thing that I heard people talk about that was holding them back last year is that he made them slow the games down and play in the 60s...kinda like how boring old Farragut plays every year. This year though it seems like he does let them have more free reign than he has in the past couple years. He keeps the pressure on constantly and never relinquishes. You West TN boys are pretty cocky, but I'm telling you Bearden is legit. And for clarification I said one of the best to come out of EAST TN in a looong time, not the whole state.

Bearden is the real deal! All this week proves is that Bearden wins by as much as they want to win by when they are playing teams in East Tennessee. They could have easily beat Farragut by 40 the other night. The whole situation is very unfortunate because most of the Bearden players are punks. I would have loved nothing more than to see them lose to Farragut and miss the state tournament.

Bearden is the real deal! All this week proves is that Bearden wins by as much as they want to win by when they are playing teams in East Tennessee. They could have easily beat Farragut by 40 the other night. The whole situation is very unfortunate because most of the Bearden players are punks. I would have loved nothing more than to see them lose to Farragut and miss the state tournament.

How well do you actually know the Bearden players?