LA Region 4AA CHAMPS

LA_Wildcats

Hoops, you are a class act and I am definatley glad to have met you. I know losing stinks ( we have had to get that taste out of our mouths too, yuck) but I and I am sure others reading your post appreciate your well wishes and congratulations. I also hope we get the oppurtunity to see each other again soon, like in a week! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Gatorbill, nice to have met you as well. Enjoyed talking with you. Good luck to the Bees Saturday and Monday!

BigDaddy, it was great meeting you also. You are a class act, as most LA fans are. Congrats to LA players and fans. I have always been very impressed by they fanatisicm of the LA faithful. You travel well, you support your kids. As I was telling BD last night, Im certain that if you had a kid competing in a putt-putt golf championship you would fill the place just like you did last night. Great stuff.

Stay focused, and good luck saturday and monday!

and as always, Go Bees.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I didn't think LA had much of a chance to win the STATE after seeing some of the other teams play. But this year is different! LA is playing as good (and probably better) than anyone in AA. My pick for state champs are the Wildcats of LA!!

Last year I didn't think LA had much of a chance to win the STATE after seeing some of the other teams play. But this year is different! LA is playing as good (and probably better) than anyone in AA. My pick for state champs are the Wildcats of LA!!

Do you not remember what happened to LA in the State Tournament last year? I may be wrong, but I don't see LA winning the state. That being said, LA is definitely one of the best in the state. Hard for me to admit that, especially after the beat down you just gave my Upperman Bees, but the Wildcats are a really good team. I just don't see them beating Fulton or some of the Memphis teams. I could be wrong, will be pulling for LA and Upperman, if they make it.

Do you not remember what happened to LA in the State Tournament last year? I may be wrong, but I don't see LA winning the state. That being said, LA is definitely one of the best in the state. Hard for me to admit that, especially after the beat down you just gave my Upperman Bees, but the Wildcats are a really good team. I just don't see them beating Fulton or some of the Memphis teams. I could be wrong, will be pulling for LA and Upperman, if they make it.

Pressure D lol I hope your Bees are ready to face them Panthers.........

Agree ....when your team gets into the substate and state the competition really steps up. But this team has grown over the past 3 years and have played some of the toughest competition that should prepare them for the weeks ahead. And I am in no way looking past Tyner by any means. B/c anyone that has been around this program knows how the Tyner teams have been for the last 35 years. It will take a valiant effort by either team to advance. Tyner will not be an easy win for LA and vise-versa. I have all the confidence in the world in our coach and team that we can make it to the big dance.

I'm not saying that LA will win the state but if they get there they have a good chance. And I'm sure that we would face teams like Fulton that have exceptional athletes but we just need to dictate how the game is played and we can play with any team in 2A. Prime example would be John Jenkins and Station Camp. We have had several epic battles with them and came out on top even though we couldn't hold him down. We played as a team and won. And I guarantee you LA won't face anyone better than John Jenkins, maybe as good but not better.

Every team usually has a superstar type player and LA is no exception. Chase Dunn is without a doubt an all-state player. He not only is he a prolific scorer, but he is a great defensive player as well. Try and shut him down and he will find another way to beat you. Chase is unique in that he gets everyone involved and not looking to just score like most do. But he can carry his team if needed. This is where he has grown as a player the past few years getting the ball to his teammates. And he has had a good supporting cast to play with. The thing about LA is that every player has an assignment or role to play and they have done that pretty much all year. Stay focused Cats and GO FOR IT.

I would also like to take a moment to say "well done" to the family and fans of both sides last night. There were a ton of people in that gym, for a fiesty and fiery game, and both sides were very well behaved. I have not heard of one issue from either side. That is a great thing.

(well.....aside from the lady who gave me someone elses "whatfor" after the game. hahaha. She was on a mission and had something to say. She was going to make sure she said it even if the person she was saying it to didnt have a thing to do with the problem. Thanks for coming, and for supporting your team)

Great job folks.

Tough road for the Bees from here. sigh. Go Bees.

Just my opinion:

LA's chances hinge on the play from the trio of Ramsey, Smith, and Peterman. CDunn will do what CDunn does. He will get his job done. And this is not to take anything away from the rest of the team either, because there were a lot of people who did very important things last night. There were a couple times where Upperman looked like they were going to scratch back into it, and some fella from the middle of the bench would come up big. But the Ramsey, Smith, Peterman trio will be the difference maker.

If Ramsey can stay out of foul trouble he is a difference maker. He does more than take up a lot of space, he knows what to do while he is in that space. And Smith and Peterman are just plain, good ball players. They can really step it up and deliver in crunch time. I dont see the ability to crumble in those guys.

I think these 3 guys grew a lot since our first meeting this year, and they were not exactly horrible to begin with.

Good luck to LA, I like your chances, but at this time of year, as you know, they are all tough.

Go Bees.

Just my opinion:

LA's chances hinge on the play from the trio of Ramsey, Smith, and Peterman. CDunn will do what CDunn does. He will get his job done. And this is not to take anything away from the rest of the team either, because there were a lot of people who did very important things last night. There were a couple times where Upperman looked like they were going to scratch back into it, and some fella from the middle of the bench would come up big. But the Ramsey, Smith, Peterman trio will be the difference maker.

If Ramsey can stay out of foul trouble he is a difference maker. He does more than take up a lot of space, he knows what to do while he is in that space. And Smith and Peterman are just plain, good ball players. They can really step it up and deliver in crunch time. I dont see the ability to crumble in those guys.

I think these 3 guys grew a lot since our first meeting this year, and they were not exactly horrible to begin with.

Good luck to LA, I like your chances, but at this time of year, as you know, they are all tough.

Go Bees.

Nice analogy Bill............short and to the point. I usually get there but I have to go around the long way.

I will not have too much on your comment right now as we have to beat Tyner first to get to state. But, regarding last year, Fulton shot lights out and we couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Fulton was good no doubt, but they were not 40 points better or whatever the score was. I am not saying LA will it all, but this team can. Does anyone remember 2005's FB team? BELIEVE BABY!!:popcorneater:

GO HOG-EYE!!!

LEAVE NO DOUBT!!