Temple (25-6) @ Clay County (27-6) (Sub-State Match-up)

TopDawg83

Now TopDawg, you know the ride home from a season/career ending loss feels like the other end of the country even if it is just to the other end of the county. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Believe me I know! I was behind the wheel those 3 tours of duty we had in Choo-Choo land. The ride back to my house in 2006 was much more satisfying.

Just to let our East Tennessee friends know, the Dawg House will open 2 hours before tip-off. So you better come early for a seat! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me I know! I was behind the wheel those 3 tours of duty we had in Choo-Choo land. The ride back to my house in 2006 was much more satisfying.

Just to let our East Tennessee friends know, the Dawg House will open 2 hours before tip-off. So you better come early for a seat! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Will we be sitting in the far left corner again? From what I remember, you guys have a pretty decent sized gym for a single a school in a little town.

Will we be sitting in the far left corner again? From what I remember, you guys have a pretty decent sized gym for a single a school in a little town.

Better hope you get to shoot some freethrows. The last game they played there was against Gordonsville. Clay shot 26 of 45 from the line while Gordonsville was 8 of 9.

We have probably one of the newer nicest gyms in middle Tennessee. The Dawg House holds 1850 before standing room.

The Crusaders fans can feel welcome behind their teams bench.

The most rabid Bulldawg fans sit on the opposite side facing the score table and behind the Dawgs' bench.

As much as I would like to pick Temple to win this, I don't want to. I remember last year everyone picked arts & sciences to beat Jackson County but JC came fired up and shot the lights out. I expect Clay Co. to be the same way so be careful crusaders. I wish the best of luck to both teams and congrats on great seasons!

The 1850 that our gym holds will be made up of 1500 rabid Bulldawg fans, the 150 to 200 that you might bring, and the rest will be the close knit District 7A fans that will be there just to see the City boys get their butt kicked AGAIN!

[/b]

This Jackson County Fan will be up their to cheer on our District 7A rival!!!

GOOD LUCK AND GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!! From Devils08 Show them City boys how a Country Boy Can Survive!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As much as I would like to pick Temple to win this, I don't want to. I remember last year everyone picked arts & sciences to beat Jackson County but JC came fired up and shot the lights out. I expect Clay Co. to be the same way so be careful crusaders. I wish the best of luck to both teams and congrats on great seasons!

Yup it was meant to be for Jackson County. You dont shoot 85% or whatever they shot from 3 points land every night. They got hot and I wouldnt put it past Clay Co. to do the same thing. Good luck Crusaders and represent Chattanooga like we know you can.

dadoffour,

Why would you give away a scouting report on your own team? Don't you think you'll have a hard enough time on Monday night without your opponents knowing exactly what to look for?

Anyways, Go Temple. Chattanooga has been the king of Class A ball this decade (four champions and three runners up since '01) and I look for that to continue this year with either Grace, Temple, or both.

Confidence comes with age...my younger years have passed me by. I my friend am preparing for the climb toward the peak. Looking forward to the coasting the backside of the mountain provides. But I do appreciate the compliment.

Plus, there's a good chance the majority won't be sitting but instead standing and cheering! The only sad faces will be those realizing the long bus ride that awaits them as they travel back to the lonely confines of the Southeastern corner of our lovely state! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

yes exactly it will be a long lonely ride but a happy one at that seeing how they will be riding back after beating you guys buy thirty!! then up to murpheessboro and it is nice in the confined area of tenn. your up there in the country riding dogsleds behind trunks and square dancing

yes exactly it will be a long lonely ride but a happy one at that seeing how they will be riding back after beating you guys buy thirty!! then up to murpheessboro and it is nice in the confined area of tenn. your up there in the country riding dogsleds behind trunks and square dancing

i pick temple big in this one by 15 or 20, i just dont think clay county can keep up with their high powered offense and temple has a good defense as well. clay county appears to have a good defense i just dont think they have seen an offense this good all year to tell you the truth! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Go crusaders from a rival fan.

All smack talking aside, there aren't any bad teams playing Monday night and, across the state, it is anyone's game.

Clay is hosting the sectional for a reason. I have been in the "Dawg House" before and it is loud and rowdy. The fans really show great support for their team. It is extremely difficult for the best of teams to travel almost three hours and play a win or go home game in a loud, hostile environment.

I have heard that Clay plays excellent defense and holding eleven teams to forty points or less is a testament to your defense. The big question is your offense. That is the problem area for you all, I think. But, you do not have to have a big offense, if your defense creates plenty of turnovers and stops.

(Is it Monday, yet?)

it is indeed gud that clay county has held multiple opponets to forty points or less, but are those teams nearly as athletic, fast, more physical then temple, dont compare past games to what will happen monday. temple might not bring but 50 fans at the most but those guys stick toghether thick and thin. dawg house or not temple will be in presence.