Temple (25-6) @ Clay County (27-6) (Sub-State Match-up)

TopDawg83

No dawg, I have never traveled for a substate game. I expect the fellows to take care of business without my help. Obviously that didn't work out too well in 06. I've heard horror stories about the home cookin in that part of the state.

Tell me about your team. 1st, I'll tell you about Temple's (with some approximations on specifics) :

Starters:

Jeremy Sexton, 6'1" Mr Basketball candidate, SR, Guard, does it all, 20 pts/game

Jarrod Johnson, 6'5" Center, 10 rpg, about 10 points/game

Brandon Andrews, 5'9", good defender, about 10 pts/game

Dexter Peterson, 6'0", defender, about 5 pts/game

Ben Montgomery, 6'3", bruiser, 8 pts/game

Bench:

James Kemp, 5'10", streak shooter, 10 pts/game

Josh Reeves, 6'2", high post

Nathan Pendagrass, 5'10", guard

Please don't start with the home cooking in this part of the state unless you are talking Bar-B-Que! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> As we all know how fair it is "that part of the state" too. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GO DAWGS!!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't count CR out of anything just yet. They are a good basketball team and very physical.

Good Luck CR - show em 7A can play ball anywhere.

As for the all this talk about "home cooking" those boys can't cook, But when it counts they can set the hoop on fire! LOL /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I think we will have to score a little more than we have in our other games but i think we can hold them below their normal scoring so it will be a good game to watch.

Lets Go Dawgs!

i know one thing for sure, clarkrange and clay county had better come with their big boy panties on monday and score more than 30 or 40 or im afraid it just aint gonna be prety /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I wouldn't count CR out of anything just yet. They are a good basketball team and very physical.

Good Luck CR - show em 7A can play ball anywhere.

As for the all this talk about "home cooking" those boys can't cook, But when it counts they can set the hoop on fire! LOL /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I think we will have to score a little more than we have in our other games but i think we can hold them below their normal scoring so it will be a good game to watch.

Lets Go Dawgs!

You understand Temple will put up 60 points on a bad night. I hate to destroy your dream, but I have a hard time seeing Clay pulling out with a win.

YO!! topdawg, just be happy you dont have to play the Golden Eagles of GRACE ACADEMY, its bad enough u have to play a decent temple team, especialy with only scoring 32 against clarkrange /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> good luck vs the chattanooga boys you will need it!!!!

Gomocs, I will be the first to tell you we are VERY happy not playing Grace Baptist. If we were that would mean we would be the traveling team and heading towards Chatty town once again.

But, we're not! We are the host team and Temple is the traveling team and THEY have to come into our house and prove once again how big and bad the Crusaders are. Seems I remember a certain very talented Mr. Skogan came calling 4 yrs ago determined to prove that same thing. But he found out different when they finished their tour of the UC.

The 1850 that our gym holds will be made up of 1500 rabid Bulldawg fans, the 150 to 200 that you might bring, and the rest will be the close knit District 7A fans that will be there just to see the City boys get their butt kicked AGAIN!

Just to let you know before the game starts, the home team will get the majority of the calls to go their way..Always have probably always will. The Sub-State road game is arguably the hardest game of the season to win for the traveling team. Our match-ups alone have proved that!

Bigbird, the stats you came up with is good stuff. Our game plan is not to hold Temple to 30+ points. But it will be to play defense like you have never seen before. If carried out according to plan, then Temple should end up about 15-20 points under their average.

The Dawg House will be Loud and Rockin' come Monday night! Should be a good show for all those attending!

Once again I hope no one gives us a chance to win! That means we can play and have fun while doing it and Temple will have the pressure on them to meet the lofty expectations doled out by their fans and media alike!

Just to let you know before the game starts, the home team will get the majority of the calls to go their way..[/b]Always have probably always will. The Sub-State road game is arguably the hardest game of the season to win for the traveling team. Our match-ups alone have proved that!

Good of you to admit that up front. That takes away one of your excuses next Tuesday morning.

Good of you to admit that up front. That takes away one of your excuses next Tuesday morning.

Nothing to admit...Just the Facts man....Just the Facts!

Hey DaddyO, there won't be any excuses on our part come Tuesday morning.

The deck is stacked in our favor. If we lose the most important game in 4 yrs in OUR house in front of ALL OUR FANS, with a SENIOR HEAVY team, with referees that usually help the HOME team, then there won't be any excuses except one: WE JUST LOST!