Temple (25-6) @ Clay County (27-6) (Sub-State Match-up)

TopDawg83

temple has a pretty good team buy clay county beat them selves way to many unforced turnovers ... edwards was awful he alone had 10 turnovers and 0 points that was what cost clay county the game .

True fans don't throw their players under the bus when they have a bad game. Get a life dogfn.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off Temple has a very quick and athletic team. My hat is off to the Crusaders. You came into a VERY LOUD and HOSTILE (not really) gym and took care of business. When the Dawgs tied it at 42 I thought it would come down to wild finish like last time. The Red and White never seemed to get too rattled. After that bright spot, I looked up and we were down 60-45 and time running out. Clay County never could make that 1 final run they needed to get back in it.

The Dawgs did hold Jeremy Sexton to 9 points but the Crusaders are much more than a 1 man team. I heard Andrews didn't have a very good Reg 3 Final but he came in and lit us up for 19 tonight. I am not about to point fingers after a loss but can say the consensus agreed that too many TEAM turnovers did the Dawgs in tonight. It was a very physical game and both teams never backed down! NO 30 point blow-out. But Temple did win and deservingly so. GOOD LUCK IN THE 'BORO

But like I said before NO EXCUSES..WE JUST LOST.

To the Bulldog fans you did your part. The Dawg House was LOUDER than ever...GREAT JOB!

To the 5 Seniors: Nolan, Scott, Nathan, Tyler, and Steve this year has been a memorable one and I have enjoyed calling your games and just hope my effort in some way helped your performance while you wore the BLACK & GOLD. You guys will be missed. SWAT...I hope being a DAWG this year was a blast for you.

Good Luck to you all in whatever you do!

Alright Bird, the ball is in your court now. Take it and make a run at the GOLD! Great meeting you hope you guys were treated well and you enjoyed your brief stay in our county!

Should be an exciting 09-10 season for the Dawgs and Lady Dawgs as well...SEE YOU NEXT YEAR! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This was a good game. I don't think either team had all their nerves in check. To much wild ball handeling and just throwing the ball to noone. I CC came out after haldtime and had Temple playing their kind of basketball then lost it and never gained control of the games speed again. That hurt CC they are used to making teams play the way they do. A good showing from Lynn i think he got every rebound when he was in the game. More than i can say for some of the other dogs-gotta have the ball to score guys. Brown really showed up to play as did Dale. Knight had a solid game and Edwards seemed to be real nervus in the first half but calmed down after half time. (he didn't play the kind of ball he can, but he didn't do bad.) Garrett had a slow start but pulled his game together pretty fast and ended up helping the bulldogs with some good shots and a couple forced turnovers. Temple has a team that can switch in and out and not miss a step. That is a sign of a well coached team-they were always doing what they should have been. 12 3 and 10 are some great ball players. 10 is one of the best ball handlers i've seen and fast as lightning. I am glad that CC proved they were not a pushover i think some of the Temple fans thought they would walk in and never break a sweat and go home with a 30pt win and they didn't do that. I wish our boys could have went to the Big Dance but we are proud of them all they same. Good Luck Temple- hope you play hard and injury free.

We're So Proud Of Our DAWGS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This was a good game. I don't think either team had all their nerves in check. To much wild ball handeling and just throwing the ball to noone. I CC came out after haldtime and had Temple playing their kind of basketball then lost it and never gained control of the games speed again. That hurt CC they are used to making teams play the way they do. A good showing from Lynn i think he got every rebound when he was in the game. More than i can say for some of the other dogs-gotta have the ball to score guys. Brown really showed up to play as did Dale. Knight had a solid game and Edwards seemed to be real nervus in the first half but calmed down after half time. (he didn't play the kind of ball he can, but he didn't do bad.) Garrett had a slow start but pulled his game together pretty fast and ended up helping the bulldogs with some good shots and a couple forced turnovers. Temple has a team that can switch in and out and not miss a step. That is a sign of a well coached team-they were always doing what they should have been. 12 3 and 10 are some great ball players. 10 is one of the best ball handlers i've seen and fast as lightning. I am glad that CC proved they were not a pushover i think some of the Temple fans thought they would walk in and never break a sweat and go home with a 30pt win and they didn't do that. I wish our boys could have went to the Big Dance but we are proud of them all they same. Good Luck Temple- hope you play hard and injury free.

We're So Proud Of Our DAWGS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> whats so good about # 12 and # 3 .... just wondering. i knw thyre great ball players but whats your opinion in how?

It has been a very long day. I was terribly nervous making the drive up to the Dawg House tonight and it was as loud or louder than I remembered, and bigger than I remembered. I guess we only had about 20-30 fans, maybe? Where in the world do you guys fit the fans from local teams when they show up? It looked like your whole town showed up for the game.

Temple came out hard and fast in the first quarter but Clay maintained composure and came storming back on a big run during the second quarter to make it close going into half-time. Clay made a great show during the third, taking the lead, but Temple battled back and took an eight point lead going into the fourth quarter. Temples strategic control of the ball in the final quarter forced Clay to have to play in a way they did not want to and Temple continued to take advantage of the opportunities that presented themselves, stretching the lead to fourteen by game's end (I am still trying to figure out how you guys held Jeremy to just nine points).

The officiating was balanced. There were some hokey calls but I thought the officials did a good job overall not calling a bunch of touch fouls and just letting both teams play ball.

The Dawgs really did show a ton of heart and effort tonight and showed real character. Temple looked very good and I was extremely proud of the intensity, composure, effort, and attitude. There was a great flow and unity on the floor tonight that really had been missing previously. They really looked like a team that could go all the way at the state tournament.

TopDawg, it was great meeting you and keep up the good work you are doing there.

Gracefan423

#12 has what looks like a 12ft wingspan and I have yet to see anyone who can outjump him or consistently out rebound him. I have never seen anyone we have played who can dunk the way he does. And as far as I know, no one has beat him in a tip off. There may have been a draw or two.

#3 has some serious hops for being one of the shorter players on the team. Very quick and fearsome defender, comes out of nowhere and picks you, very deceiving rebounder.

CONGRADS to the BULLDOGS for a great season. I have loved every minute of it and look forward to many more. Last night was a good game I only wished we had won, but someone had to loose and we made to many turnovers to come out of it.

I wish all you seniors good luck in the future it was been a pleasure to watch you over the years. I look forward to next year with Garrett (mine of course), Lynn, Korth, Boles, Adams leading the way.

I am very proud of all you guys and so glad you proved some people wrong last night. They won but not by 30 as predicted.

GO DAWGS!!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Gracefan423

#12 has what looks like a 12ft wingspan and I have yet to see anyone who can outjump him or consistently out rebound him. I have never seen anyone we have played who can dunk the way he does. And as far as I know, no one has beat him in a tip off. There may have been a draw or two.

#3 has some serious hops for being one of the shorter players on the team. Very quick and fearsome defender, comes out of nowhere and picks you, very deceiving rebounder.

garrett got the tip on him monday night

CONGRADS to the BULLDOGS for a great season. I have loved every minute of it and look forward to many more. Last night was a good game I only wished we had won, but someone had to loose and we made to many turnovers to come out of it.

I wish all you seniors good luck in the future it was been a pleasure to watch you over the years. I look forward to next year with Garrett (mine of course), Lynn, Korth, Boles, Adams leading the way.

I am very proud of all you guys and so glad you proved some people wrong last night. They won but not by 30 as predicted.

GO DAWGS!!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

battlecatt sorry the bulldogs lost we were pulling for you all down here in gainesboro hope shawn has a great season next year and you have some good talent returning