Temple (25-6) @ Clay County (27-6) (Sub-State Match-up)

TopDawg83

dadoffour,

Why would you give away a scouting report on your own team? Don't you think you'll have a hard enough time on Monday night without your opponents knowing exactly what to look for?

If Clay County's coaches learned anything from my "scouting report", they are lucky to have a team in sub-state. My guess is their coaches are thrifty enough to already have better knowledge of the Crusaders than a lot of us do. They've probably already seen game film, etc.

The reason I gave that info was to try to get a Clay County fan to tell us a little about their team. That obviously didn't work because I still don't know the first thing about them.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Clay County's coaches learned anything from my "scouting report", they are lucky to have a team in sub-state. My guess is their coaches are thrifty enough to already have better knowledge of the Crusaders than a lot of us do. They've probably already seen game film, etc.

The reason I gave that info was to try to get a Clay County fan to tell us a little about their team. That obviously didn't work because I still don't know the first thing about them.

Dad,

We chatted earlier in the season about Temple's defense. I disagreed with you at first but later saw some of the things you were talking about. From my perspective, it seems Temple is playing good defense but I was curious if you thought anything had changed?

yes exactly it will be a long lonely ride but a happy one at that seeing how they will be riding back after beating you guys buy thirty!! then up to murpheessboro and it is nice in the confined area of tenn. your up there in the country riding dogsleds behind trunks and square dancing

OK 423 help me out here. I might be from the country (which I love by the way) but some of your comments have really confused my simple brain. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

#1. You actually think our team will lose by 30 points in our own house?

#2. Buy is "to purchase". By is "result of".

#3. It's Murfreesboro instead of Murpheessboro.

#4. A dogsled is normally pulled by dogs.

#5. I don't know how a trunk could pull anything. Since there a no elephants in Clay County, we use trunks for storage.

#6. I haven't seen square dancing in this area since it was taught in my P.E class in elementary school.

#7. How much are they charging you for that Private ED-U-MI-CATION you are getting? I think you should ask for a refund! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey Bigbird, Temple's students know more than this one from Grace does don't they? /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

You Clay County fellas have talked about your famous open pit bar-b-cue so much it has made me plumb hungry.

I would like to go ahead and place an order for some right now if you do not mind. Can I have several hundred pounds of slow roasted Dawg? (It comes out better cooked over maple but I will take it anyway you cook it)

What's that? We are going to have to cook it ourselves? Where are we supposed to cook it? Oh, I see. We are going to have to prepare it and cook it at the Clay County High School gym. Not a problem... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Can I have extra napkins? You know how messy it can get.

OK 423 help me out here. I might be from the country (which I love by the way) but some of your comments have really confused my simple brain. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

#1. You actually think our team will lose by 30 points in our own house?

#2. Buy is "to purchase". By is "result of".

#3. It's Murfreesboro instead of Murpheessboro.

#4. A dogsled is normally pulled by dogs.

#5. I don't know how a trunk could pull anything. Since there a no elephants in Clay County, we use trunks for storage.

#6. I haven't seen square dancing in this area since it was taught in my P.E class in elementatry school.

#7. How much are they charging you for that Private ED-U-MI-CATION you are getting? I think you should ask for a refund! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey Bigbird, Temple's students know more than this one from Grace does don't they? /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

TopDawg,

Again, I am glad that you have a great sense of humor.

TopDawg,

Again, I am glad that you have a great sense of humor.

Hey Bird, this has been fun this weekend. All kidding aside. I am VERY serious about the Bar-b-que. I will show my hospitality to you and get you a plate with two sides that will be waiting for you at my score table. All I need to know do you prefer Sliced Shoulder or Shredded Pork and how HOT do you want it? Oh yeah will baked beans and coleslaw be fine for sides?

You will have to answer one question that only you will know the answer to. (SO NO ONE ELSE GETS THE FOOD!)

ORDER UP!

P.S. It's PIG instead of DAWG! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey Bird, this has been fun this weekend. All kidding aside. I am VERY serious about the Bar-b-que. I will show my hospitality to you and get you a plate with two sides that will be waiting for you at my score table. All I need to know do you prefer Sliced Shoulder or Shredded Pork and how HOT do you want it? Oh yeah will baked beans and coleslaw be fine for sides?

You will have to answer one question that only you will know the answer to. (SO NO ONE ELSE GETS THE FOOD!)

ORDER UP!

P.S. It's PIG instead of DAWG! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It has been a ton of fun and I hope you have found me to be as good a sport as you have been (Some folks do not realize it is all just for fun).

I appreciate your hospitality very much and I would sure like to take you up on the food but you know as well as I do that there is no way I can eat anything that close to game time and keep it down /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> (I had a hard time just eating supper this evening) but I will definitely try to make it by the table and say "Hello" (and also find out what this question is that only I would know the answer to)

I am sure I am more anxious than all 12 of our players and their coaches put together.

I understand about the food. I always eat at halftime. Too busy getting ready for the game, music, lineups, announcements to worry about eating!

This will be the last time on this thread till after one of our teams has done what we said they would do!

Drop by and say hi!

Have a safe trip, my friend, and see you at the DAWG HOUSE! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

As usual teams from down around the Chatt. area think they are the only ones that can play ball. I would love to see the team that says they will beat the Dawgs by 30 especially on their own floor. You Temple guys better hope you can score 30 LOL. It's hard to score when you don't have the ball. Temple better shoot lights out when they get it b/c Clay will control the tempo. There's more ways than one to skin a Crusader !!! Bet that would make some good BBQ /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Dad,

We chatted earlier in the season about Temple's defense. I disagreed with you at first but later saw some of the things you were talking about. From my perspective, it seems Temple is playing good defense but I was curious if you thought anything had changed?

I've forgotten the conversation you're talking about, but I'm pretty happy with Temple's defense now as well. They have the occasional breakdowns, and don't press as much as I'd like, but now I think I'm just being spoiled.

My real concern right now is their offense. They had a lot of trouble creating open shots against Grace. This isn't a good thing going against a defensive team like Clay, and you know those boys will be fired up at their place. I'm not sure if Temple has an offense problem, or Grace's defense is just that good. We'll find out tonight.

I'm not going to be there tonight, so take good notes. I'll be expecting some detailed posts out of you tommorrow! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I've forgotten the conversation you're talking about, but I'm pretty happy with Temple's defense now as well. They have the occasional breakdowns, and don't press as much as I'd like, but now I think I'm just being spoiled.

My real concern right now is their offense. They had a lot of trouble creating open shots against Grace. This isn't a good thing going against a defensive team like Clay, and you know those boys will be fired up at their place. I'm not sure if Temple has an offense problem, or Grace's defense is just that good. We'll find out tonight.

I'm not going to be there tonight, so take good notes. I'll be expecting some detailed posts out of you tommorrow! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Will do!