Goalkeepers?

bulldogss

After watching hendersonville vs bearden up in knoxville, hendersonvilles goalkeeper is a very talented young man. If i am correct he is only a sophomore.

can someone elaborate on that

His name is Zach Gutzman and he is just a sophomore. He is very talented and has played tremendously throughout the season especially the post season.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the end of the year and hard to exclude the Farragut keeper in this thread. Is there a team with a better tandem than Beltran and Matlock? Shea did his job guiding the Admirals through to District finals when mono hits him, out for season ending playoff run. Steven, while getting some time during the season, is now taking the reigns leading Farragut into States. Dynamic duo!

everyone has to agree bristol is by far the best in the state. yet, he did lose against brentwood's keeper in pks.

Didn't see the game but I heard Bristol made some ridiculous saves to keep CHS in the game agains BHS. A shootout is determined by the quality of the shooters as well as the keeper. That being said, the Brentwood keeper is obviously good, too.

Yup Zach Gutzman from Hendersonville, only a Sophomore. He is one of the best keepers I have ever seen in clutch situations. It's rare to see him get scored on. Great goalie with a big future ahead of him.

Heard he had the key save in PK's vs. Clarksville in Regions. I've seen him in a few games this year. He's very quick and has solid coordination in judging the ball.

The people on here are way overrating the Independence keepers. I don't know if these are players or parents but its very exaggerated comments.

yeah, a couple are people that I know that don't even play soccer they just go to Indy and post it because it's funny...which it isn't. But I have to hand it to their keeper, he is the reason why Independence even had a chance in many games. Other than a couple of games, he had quite a good year, especially for a freshman. He has a lot expected out of him for being on the region ODP team. He and 6 other talented freshmen will be a big part of Indepences team the next three years; the goalie especially. Look for a great Indy defense next year with the whole defense returning.

The people on here are way overrating the Independence keepers. I don't know if these are players or parents but its very exaggerated comments.

sorry I'm new to the boards, and I have just been reading all the comments, and I definately believe they are exaggerated. I, along with futbol20, know some of the people posting these things and I know for sure one doesn't play soccer at all. He is the most exaggerate person--maclax-- or whatever. But, thanks for all of the comments... I guess, if they even believe that, but I know that I'm not the best thing out there, obviously, and others know that too.