One of the worst officiated games ive seen

We had to wait till you were past our district teams you thumped, but I guess those green and gold shirts wouldn't be bad right now...Go Warriors Go

"Thumped" is a bit harsh. Some of us are still grieving... /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" />

Nevertheless... Go Warriors Go!!!! Go Overton Go!!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thumped" is a bit harsh. Some of us are still grieving... /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" />

Nevertheless... Go Warriors Go!!!! Go Overton Go!!!!

I would have liked the chance to grieve later in the season...No the lady you are talking about Phil has been around. I can't believe there were not veteran officials available for the game. I believe they may have been from Jackson, but many of our officials have moved up there or are in the process of moving to that association from the primary memphis assoc. That is why some of them may have been recognizable. Coachgat may be thinking back a couple of years....Coachgat, again great job with the Millington program.

Go Warriors Go, go Wolverines go.

Let me say this: Memphis Central was definitely a better more balanced team than Bartlett. Bartlett would??™ve had to play a perfect game to steal a win away from Memphis Central. Central came in focused and I definitely feel as though they are going to win it all. (I definitely will be sending my cheers in their direction.) Officials DIDN??™T, DID NOT, NOTTA, NO WAY HOSA, make our role players turn the ???dang??? ball over 20 times that lead into multiple uncontested lay ups.

HOWEVER(you all knew this was coming /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ): You would have had to be blind to not see the lady who called 7 consecutive calls against Bartlett in the 3rd quarter, with 3 of those being out of her area, and 3 of those being very questionable (while all the time she was physically LAUGHING ??“ TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL AND CLUELESS). She fouled Briana Walker out with two phantom fouls while calling OUT of her area on both of the fouls. She called deep from the baseline when you had two officials right on top of the play that didn??™t call anything (Hint: because there was nothing to call)!!!!!!! Central was already blistering BHS and we sure didn??™t need for her to insert herself into the game (I guess she needed some attention????). Now: I am not bashing this ref because she is a female ??“ she just stunk ??“ as do a LOT of male refs!

Speaking of such: One male ref during district tournament finals (Millington ??“vs- Bartlett) came over to the sideline during the fourth quarter and stated the following: ??? I called this one. But not by this much.??? Meaning he had predicted the outcome of the game. I think as an official you don??™t go into a game officiating the TEAMS but you officiate the game. Example: Lakers are supposed to beat the Grizzles but the official can??™t come in with the mindset that the game is already pre-determined AND you certainly don??™t make that statement!

Lastly: I don??™t care what anyone on this board says??¦??¦.

FACT: It is UNFAIR to have inner city officials do these sub-state games. I have personally heard some officials talk about how Coach Holmes serves ribs etc etc at his hospitality room during his invitational tournaments and blah this and blah that??¦??¦. Then we have to play DHolmes (Memphis Northside) in the sub-state two years in a row ??“ Heck, All Bartlett has is some popcorn /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> . Take what you want from my comments but believe this: It is WRONG to have these ???buddy system??? officials do these games. Get neutral officials from somewhere else in the state that do not have a history with the coaches. And when I say history: I mean GOOD or BAD??¦. Some refs are ready to give a coach a technical or call something ticky on a player based on something from earlier in the season. We just need ???NON-Shelby Metro Virgin Eyes??? to do these games.

Just to reiterate: The officials weren??™t the difference in the BHS ??“vs- Memphis Central game. Memphis Central played better and they deserve to go to the glass house!

NOW: FED123 / Sportsczar ??“ Where can I pick up my shirt? (I might wear it under my Beloved Lady Panther T-Shirt????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) XL - please..... Come on West Tn??¦. Think Gold AND Silver??¦..

Oh and good luck to JJ ??“ maybe she will get the Miss AAA Basketball award as well. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I don't know what game you guys were watching, but Bartlett did more to themselves than Central did. Other than the first 6 minutes of early game hype in which Central jumped out to a 30-11 lead(something like that), they looked pretty average: sloppy play, missed lay-ups, and unforced turnovers, by both teams. Central showed me for the second time this season that they have ZERO half-court offense. If they don't push it, they don't score. With all those D1 players, when's the last time they broke 70 points? After being up 20 they let Bartlett cut it to 7? And it wasn't much more space after that until Walker and Destiny James fouled out. The second quarter was all Bartlett, the third quarter was basically even, and the fourth quarter was Central holding the ball. James takes alot of questionable shots(gotta love her though, she's spectacular). But she makes things happen, and Bartlett went away from her early in the 3rd instead of getting her to set the tone. In those first 6 minutes, Central looked like dynamite, after that, they just looked like a decent team. Oh yeah, and they have no bench, they go about 7 deep, and those 2 hardly stay on the floor for more than 2 possessions.

I don't know what game you guys were watching, but Bartlett did more to themselves than Central did. Other than the first 6 minutes of early game hype in which Central jumped out to a 30-11 lead(something like that), they looked pretty average: sloppy play, missed lay-ups, and unforced turnovers, by both teams. Central showed me for the second time this season that they have ZERO half-court offense. If they don't push it, they don't score. With all those D1 players, when's the last time they broke 70 points? After being up 20 they let Bartlett cut it to 7? And it wasn't much more space after that until Walker and Destiny James fouled out. The second quarter was all Bartlett, the third quarter was basically even, and the fourth quarter was Central holding the ball. James takes alot of questionable shots(gotta love her though, she's spectacular). But she makes things happen, and Bartlett went away from her early in the 3rd instead of getting her to set the tone. In those first 6 minutes, Central looked like dynamite, after that, they just looked like a decent team. Oh yeah, and they have no bench, they go about 7 deep, and those 2 hardly stay on the floor for more than 2 possessions.

Firestone, you said that "Bartlett did more to themselves than Central did", I beg to differ. Central's pressure man defense and their halfcourt trap are the reasons why Bartlett committed all those turnovers. When someone is always in a players face, that causes players to think faster than normal and make bad decisions. Central did look pretty awsome those first 6 min., but one thing about basketball, all teams will make a run. Sometimes a big lead is dangerous because the team that's in front will tend to relax and try different sets. Apparently, you have only saw Central twice this season. Out of 34 games, maybe offensive production was down those 2 games you saw. No team does everything perfect every game. True, Central does love to push the ball, but believe you me, they can slow it down and run offense, but when you have a Lamborghini why drive it like a Volkswagon. You mentioned the bench for Central; The purpose of the subs are to rest the starters for however long they may need to recoup. James has come in and hit 2, 3 and sometimes 4 threes in a game. She has led the team in scoring 2 or 3 times at least. Her job is to hit the three ball and defend, which she does well. Some games as a shooter she may not produce, but she will always play good defense and not make game changing turnovers. And, remember, the starter is resting. Butler, #3, will rest the starter, play decent defense, and rebound. She may score occasionally, but she will not make game changing turnovers. And remember the starter is resting. The starters only need about 3 or 4 mins. of rest here and there. The bench does their job well. Central played a horrible game at the City Championship against Overton, but they managed to WIN. Good teams WIN even when the shots don't fall and the offense breaks down and all the rebounds go the other way, good teams WIN with good defense. Central's offense was clicking the 2nd game against Overton at the Regional Championship and the outcome was a blowout. Do you think Bartlett wanted to play they way they did? NO!! Central did have a lot to do with it. Those D-1 players know how to play together as a team and that's why they are successful. And by the way, they beat Houston Feb. 27th 73-52.

Who peed in your cereal!!!

Firestone, you said that "Bartlett did more to themselves than Central did", I beg to differ. Central's pressure man defense and their halfcourt trap are the reasons why Bartlett committed all those turnovers. When someone is always in a players face, that causes players to think faster than normal and make bad decisions. Central did look pretty awsome those first 6 min., but one thing about basketball, all teams will make a run. Sometimes a big lead is dangerous because the team that's in front will tend to relax and try different sets. Apparently, you have only saw Central twice this season. Out of 34 games, maybe offensive production was down those 2 games you saw. No team does everything perfect every game. True, Central does love to push the ball, but believe you me, they can slow it down and run offense, but when you have a Lamborghini why drive it like a Volkswagon. You mentioned the bench for Central; The purpose of the subs are to rest the starters for however long they may need to recoup. James has come in and hit 2, 3 and sometimes 4 threes in a game. She has led the team in scoring 2 or 3 times at least. Her job is to hit the three ball and defend, which she does well. Some games as a shooter she may not produce, but she will always play good defense and not make game changing turnovers. And, remember, the starter is resting. Butler, #3, will rest the starter, play decent defense, and rebound. She may score occasionally, but she will not make game changing turnovers. And remember the starter is resting. The starters only need about 3 or 4 mins. of rest here and there. The bench does their job well. Central played a horrible game at the City Championship against Overton, but they managed to WIN. Good teams WIN even when the shots don't fall and the offense breaks down and all the rebounds go the other way, good teams WIN with good defense. Central's offense was clicking the 2nd game against Overton at the Regional Championship and the outcome was a blowout. Do you think Bartlett wanted to play they way they did? NO!! Central did have a lot to do with it. Those D-1 players know how to play together as a team and that's why they are successful. And by the way, they beat Houston Feb. 27th 73-52.

Calm down czar, we will withhold all post until Sunday. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I didn't see the pressure defense having too much to do with it. #25 for Bartlett just ran crazy. Central didn't make her do that. She was just out of control. Central couldn't stop Walker or the James sisters. They beat themselves. Destiny James looked pretty comfortable out there(but she's always cool and calm). Other than a game against East and a couple others, Central hasn't been a great offensive team, no spectacular offensive nights. As I said about the bench, they don't have one. You just said the 2 I mention are there to rest the starters, and you didn't name any other players. Point proven. They don't have one. I know one of the players' father and he says they're not a good half-court team. So it must happen often. They gotta push it, but they really don't have the depth to push and press for extended periods, so I understand that. Maybe the quality of precision on the high school level has just fallen off a bit and my mind has yet to adjust to it. So that causes me to see all of the errors that are actually pretty common place. Yeah that's it.

I didn't see the pressure defense having too much to do with it. #25 for Bartlett just ran crazy. Central didn't make her do that. She was just out of control. Central couldn't stop Walker or the James sisters. They beat themselves. Destiny James looked pretty comfortable out there(but she's always cool and calm). Other than a game against East and a couple others, Central hasn't been a great offensive team, no spectacular offensive nights. As I said about the bench, they don't have one. You just said the 2 I mention are there to rest the starters, and you didn't name any other players. Point proven. They don't have one. I know one of the players' father and he says they're not a good half-court team. So it must happen often. They gotta push it, but they really don't have the depth to push and press for extended periods, so I understand that. Maybe the quality of precision on the high school level has just fallen off a bit and my mind has yet to adjust to it. So that causes me to see all of the errors that are actually pretty common place. Yeah that's it.

Meanwhile Central is 34-1 and 103-30 over the past 4 years.

Taking care of the ball has been a problem some this year for us, oddly enough more so in post-season play it seemed. Now, that said, I saw the same game you did and the Lady Panthers didn't help themselves out in stretches but Central was just the better overall team. Now, Bartlett got down to by 18 and cut it to 9 by the break ( and would have been 7 save for a last second put back ) That's a whale of an effort.

I was very, VERY proud of the them and how hard they fought but it's like DU already said....Bartlett would have had to have been near perfect to pull that one off that night.

Move along kids....nothing more to see here

I was very, VERY proud of the them and how hard they fought but it's like DU already said....Bartlett would have had to have been near perfect to pull that one off that night.

Move along kids....nothing more to see here

PantherB I agree:

* Bartlett shot itself in the foot the first quarter with turnovers and Central was easily the aggressor.

* Bartlett out played Central the second quarter and Bartlett was easily the aggressor.

* Went away from James the 3rd quarter ??“ but that wasn??™t by design for BHS ??“ Central forced other players to handle the ball and that wasn??™t good for BHS because they couldn??™t get it back to James before turning it over. (not to mention Walker was on the bench to start the quarter with 3 fouls).

* 4th quarter Central was in a stall game which basically wore the Panthers out playing defense for over a minute each possession. (Which was smart on Central??™s part??¦.)

SportsC ??“ don??™t attempt to give the perception that Central was up +50 and just lost focus when Bartlett closed it back to 7 points. Bartlett just played hard and better THAT quarter (unfortunately it takes 4 quarters) ??“ give credit where credit is due.

And to that point (speaking of giving credit): It will be hard for anyone in the state to beat Central (PERIOD). Half court or Full Court! The girls can play. You can easily win the state tournament with 7 players. Hellloooo: The high school game is a game without a shot clock. You get tired ??“ SLOW it down! All 5 of Central??™s starters can handle the ball!

Another note: Destiny James (a freshmen) set out a FULL year due to a Jr. High injury the previous season. I think she did a fabulous job to come back and make the all district and all region team and performed well on the highest division of basketball in the state (considering she didn??™t get released until about a week before the season started). You haven??™t heard the last from the James gang!

At any rate: Central will be fine in the state tournament.

The one thing (IMO) that Central has to be careful of is game number 1??¦??¦ What I call ???The Bright Lights Syndrome.??? If Central doesn??™t get too caught up in the moment and the hoopla of being at the state tournament AND they advance past the first round...... That Green/Yellow locomotive will be hard to stop! The key game (IMO) is the first game and getting past the ???The Bright Lights Syndrome???!

Good luck Memphis Central /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />