Gibson County v Boliver Central

GCHOSS76

I know GC very well having seen the Lady Pioneers many times in 13AA. The Junior players- Butler,Griffin, Reedy can score - pass the ball well, rebound and are fundamentally sound. Jennings is one of the quickest players you'll see and Garner can hit the outside shot and rebound with the best of them. GC's bench will go 3 (maybe 4) deep but the starting five will impress. Again, as I've said before the Regional tournament got underway, GC plays excellent team defense creating turnovers which leads to transition baskets. This is what will seperate them from the others. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

As for their opponent in Round one- Bolivar has had a great post-season run led by Matrekia Minter, Shelby Sain(who is the lone senior on the team) and the two Kendras(Johnson and Williams)

They go about 5'10" across the front- so it'll be an interesting matchup seeing if they can contain Griffin and Reedy.

Butler may the difference here as Heather has shot the ball extremely well in the post-season. Look for Bolivar to put a tall defender on her and take their chances..

I like GC in this one by double-digits. the Lady Pioneers have a sour taste in their mouth from last season's early exit so the focus is definately there. All my best to GC /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm originally from Bolivar. I dont live there now, but I can probably describe them to you. They will be athletic and fast and quick. I dont know how tall they are. I dont know if they can shoot. I dont know how well they handle the ball. But, I can guarantee you that they will be quick, fast, and athletic.

Saying all of that...Gibson Co. is the favorite.

I'm pulling for my hometown Lady Tigers though. Pulling for the upset.

If any Gibson Co. fans got a chance to watch the TNWings AAU team this Summer with Heather Butler, Heather Griffin, Aubrey Reedy, the 2 post players from Bradford, the girl from Bolivar, and maybe a couple more girls... the girl that played with them from Bolivar was Bolivar's best player. She is very good and athletic, most definately. However, I don't believe she'll be able to carry Bolivar to a win against Gibson Co. I also do not believe that Bolivar has seen a press like they will see against Gibson Co. GC will most definately be the best team Bolivar has faced this year. However, this game still has to be played. I like our chances of winning, but we can't underestimate Bolivar! Good Luck!!! Can't wait 'till Thursday!!!!

If any Gibson Co. fans got a chance to watch the TNWings AAU team this Summer with Heather Butler, Heather Griffin, Aubrey Reedy, the 2 post players from Bradford, the girl from Bolivar, and maybe a couple more girls... the girl that played with them from Bolivar was Bolivar's best player. She is very good and athletic, most definately. However, I don't believe she'll be able to carry Bolivar to a win against Gibson Co. I also do not believe that Bolivar has seen a press like they will see against Gibson Co. GC will most definately be the best team Bolivar has faced this year. However, this game still has to be played. I like our chances of winning, but we can't underestimate Bolivar! Good Luck!!! Can't wait 'till Thursday!!!!

Go GC bring HOME the Gold Ball young ladies !!!

Well one thing is for sure. "The Booth", as the red shirts like to cll themselves now, will be there Thursday stronger than ever. Alot of em are goin up Wed., but even more are going thursday including all of the pep buses not only from the high school, but from each of the jr. highs. Go Lady P's!!!!! the sixth man will be on your side!

Excuse me can I have your attention for a second, it's us down hear in little ole Bolivar. We have been told by many wise men [ and women ] not to show up in the BORO thursday for a mighty force shall certainly rain down uppon us causing great humiliation and dispare. So we talked about it and we decided to show up anyway you know just to see what happens. I know it's crazy but some times you have to see these things to the end. Plus the TSSAA would be upset if we did'nt come and we already paid for the hotel rooms . lol /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />