Clarksville Academy at home?

grendal

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is this being played?There is no way that gym holds 1,000 people,once Collinwood gets there I think they will be in for a huge surprise if it's at CA's little crackerbox.

Coach Shephard is going to run the game closed circuit in the weight room. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> That should add about 15 more seats to make it hold 615. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Seriously, there are A LOT of gyms that cannot possibly hold what they say. Summertown is one of them. There is absolutely no way 1000 people could fit in that gym even with adding standing room only. Clarksville Academy is the same way. Shouldn't matter. They won the games they were supposed to to host the game. Play it in the city rec center if that is where you normally play. You earned it. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I would say that CA would be right at 1000... I would think there are roughly 40 seats per aisle, with 12 rows... on each side... that puts you around 960 seats... plus you could throw in standing room of 100 people, and if people sit/stand in the aisleways, you could probably get another 100... This would put you up around 1200/1300 or so... I personally think this gym is more than adequate to host a sub state game...

Coach Shephard is going to run the game closed circuit in the weight room. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> That should add about 15 more seats to make it hold 615. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Seriously, there are A LOT of gyms that cannot possibly hold what they say. Summertown is one of them. There is absolutely no way 1000 people could fit in that gym even with adding standing room only. Clarksville Academy is the same way. Shouldn't matter. They won the games they were supposed to to host the game. Play it in the city rec center if that is where you normally play. You earned it. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I love Summertown's gym... it's a shame they put the seating at that high of a number for single A...

The old school single A gyms are where it's at...

Summertowns...

McEwen's old gym...

Scotts Hill's old gym...

Wayne County

UTM fieldhouse... my personal favorite...

The newer, bigger gyms are nice but they just do not have the same atmosphere in it...

I love Summertown's gym... it's a shame they put the seating at that high of a number for single A...

The old school single A gyms are where it's at...

Summertowns...

McEwen's old gym...

Scotts Hill's old gym...

Wayne County

UTM fieldhouse... my personal favorite...

The newer, bigger gyms are nice but they just do not have the same atmosphere in it...

I have been to a girls sectional at Summertown a few years ago. They have convinced whoever that it will hold 1000. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am interested in you people who are criticizing Summertown and Clarksville Academy, as to whether or not you are actually going to one of these games, and if not, what do you care how many people can get in that gym at CA? Also, Coach Shepherd is not running the feed in the weight room, so whoever told you that was misinformed, CA has two gyms.

I have been to a girls sectional at Summertown a few years ago. They have convinced whoever that it will hold 1000. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The Summertown game is being played at Mt. Pleasant.

I don't know a thing about CA's gym, but I do know one thing...if the man said it holds 1,000 you can bet the doller you will ever make it holds at least 1,000. He was my high school coach and you can take his word to heart. Dont Ronny Carter check those things? He aint gonna let money slip through his hands for nobody.

Who won this game? I'm calling Coach tomorrow and I will tell you exactly how many seats it holds,

I don't know a thing about CA's gym, but I do know one thing...if the man said it holds 1,000 you can bet the doller you will ever make it holds at least 1,000. He was my high school coach and you can take his word to heart. Dont Ronny Carter check those things? He aint gonna let money slip through his hands for nobody.

Who won this game? I'm calling Coach tomorrow and I will tell you exactly how many seats it holds,

Clarksville Academy won this game!!!!!! The score was 72 to 63. CA never trailed the entire game. Collinwood was a good team and a class team. One of the best that CA has played. By the way, the gym held every bit of 1,000 and didn't need that live feed, but they had it anyway!!!! Way to go Cougars.

and your point is....???

also, fyi...the seating capacity at summertown has been reduced recently due to some changes but i guess it doesn't really matter now does because the site of their next game has a capacity of about 11,520.