Clarksville Academy at home?

grendal

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarksville Academy won this game!!!!!! The score was 72 to 63. CA never trailed the entire game. Collinwood was a good team and a class team. One of the best that CA has played. By the way, the gym held every bit of 1,000 and didn't need that live feed, but they had it anyway!!!! Way to go Cougars.

Thank you from a Trojan fan.(that was nice) ...Good Luck Cougars....

This whole seating capacity thing is absurd. The rule states that if you win your regional that you get to host the sectional. Bottem line that is the only fair way to do it. Forcing Summertown to move its game was completely unfair. They earned the right to host--they didn't earn the right to be forced to move their game. Bottem line is this--since that rule of 1000 people went into effect, SHS has in fact hosted these games in both girls and boys--what makes this year any different. In fact it was probably more of an issue in those years as they were hosting Nashiville schools compared to hosting Eagleville this year. And as the earlier person stated--it is all a mute point now as the next game they play has no seating issues as they will be playing @ Murphy!!!!! GO EAGLES!!!!!!!

Coach Shephard is going to run the game closed circuit in the weight room. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> That should add about 15 more seats to make it hold 615. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Seriously, there are A LOT of gyms that cannot possibly hold what they say. Summertown is one of them. There is absolutely no way 1000 people could fit in that gym even with adding standing room only. Clarksville Academy is the same way. Shouldn't matter. They won the games they were supposed to to host the game. Play it in the city rec center if that is where you normally play. You earned it. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

As usual on here, people do not read the entire post, choosing instead to pick out the part that erks them and dwell on that. Look at the last four sentences. Never mind. I will type them again.

"Shouldn't matter. They won the games they were supposed to to host the game. Play it in the city rec center if that is where you normally play. You earned it."

It amazes me how people can read only what they want to read and get all defensive about it.

Semirg, the live feed thing was a joke. I love Coach Shephard. However, there WAS a live feed so I guess you were wrong after all. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

As usual on here, people do not read the entire post, choosing instead to pick out the part that erks them and dwell on that. Look at the last four sentences. Never mind. I will type them again.

"Shouldn't matter. They won the games they were supposed to to host the game. Play it in the city rec center if that is where you normally play. You earned it."

It amazes me how people can read only what they want to read and get all defensive about it.

Semirg, the live feed thing was a joke. I love Coach Shephard. However, there WAS a live feed so I guess you were wrong after all. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I knew there was a live feed, I was there. You should read more closely, I said it wasn't in the weight room. You shouldn't take this so personal, it really isn't that important. What is important that CA is going to the State Tournament for the first time in history of the school!!!! Way to go Cougars.

CA's gym has 1072 seats in it. That is if everybodys butt were 18 " wide. That is how you determine seats in a gym. Coach told me Ronny Carter called last week and asked how many seats it held. He told him it was 1,058. He said after reading it yesterday on CoachT, he went out and recounted...1,072. Like Paul Harvey used to say, "and now you know the rest of the story"