Temple Dynasty!

TempleTrue

I was at that game at Franklin. Temple spotted Franklin 25 points in the first quarter just for fun /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I think the next two quarters were a draw with Temple winning the fourth quarter. It would be a real stretch to say Temple was beat from start to finish.

Franklin was defnitely a good team and they had some real athletes on the team but I think you really mean to point out how hard it is for Franklin to make it to the tournament, not how hard it is for a AAA team to make it. Last year, Temple was the only team in any classification to return to the state tournament from the previous year. I would say it is very difficult for most teams to make it to the state, regardless of classification.

Mitchell made it to the state three years in a row....fyi

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This decade, they became more uptempo and talented with the arrival of one Skogen family. The Wadley and Mouw families, as well as transfers Dee Newson, Jeremy Sexton, and Jarrod Johnson certainly haven't hurt. They've had a ton of players. It's been an impressive run.

Key words in bold. With "arrivals" and "transfers" like this anybody would build a dynasty.

I wish Union City had been 1A since 2000.......

I wish Union City's district/region was as weak as Temple's.....

I wish it was as easy to get to Murfreesboro for Union City as it is for Temple.......

That being said, what Temple has done is impressive for where they play and who they play....

Put Temple thru the West Tn gauntlet...Not talking about random one time/one year meetings...I'm talking home and homes then district and region match-ups...As many as four times against the Humboldts, Union Citys, Lake Countys, and earlier in this decade the Middletons and Peabodys not to mention Manassas the last two years..Temple's numbers would be far less gaudy....

It is what it is....

Temple's region is weak, however, they consistently play a tough non-conference schedule every year I believe. As far as dynasty goes, what they have done has been impressive. The foundation for their success was laid in the 90's by some very well-coached teams with a strong emphasis on man-to-man defense and playing together. They had a nice body of work during that decade with a much tougher district (CCS, Boyd, Valley, Arts). This decade, they became more uptempo and talented with the arrival of one Skogen family. The Wadley and Mouw families, as well as transfers Dee Newson, Jeremy Sexton, and Jarrod Johnson certainly haven't hurt. They've had a ton of players. It's been an impressive run.

how is their region weak? its #8 grace, # 10 csas, and south pitt is descent thats better than any one else in the state has to offer i think temple is in one of the hardest regions to be honest! great stats hate to see it all end in the way it looks like its going to.

I wish Union City had been 1A since 2000.......

I wish Union City's district/region was as weak as Temple's.....

I wish it was as easy to get to Murfreesboro for Union City as it is for Temple.......

That being said, what Temple has done is impressive for where they play and who they play....

Put Temple thru the West Tn gauntlet...Not talking about random one time/one year meetings...I'm talking home and homes then district and region match-ups...As many as four times against the Humboldts, Union Citys, Lake Countys, and earlier in this decade the Middletons and Peabodys not to mention Manassas the last two years..Temple's numbers would be far less gaudy....

It is what it is....

Icy- I think Temple beat mitchell in the semi's in 2003 fyi...

grammer- the skogan family ARRIVED when jake was a fresh, caleb in 7th, seth in 5th...so wow yea that makes it weird huh... newson 8th, sexton 9th, and jarod...no clue people will always complain about this...whatever..

purple and whatever...where is union city this year? just wondering because they are still 1a... correct..??

It is easy for temple because they are better than the teams they play... and not sure how you can say temple's region and district are weak... how many gold and silver balls are in the region and district of Union city???

in 1999-2000 CCS was in temple's region They won gold

grace has 2 silver balls...one in 2004, and the other they received after being beat by union city... They are in Temple's district

CSAS has 1 silver ball losing to temple

Temple has 3 gold balls...

so since the 1999-2000 season Temple's district and region has accumulated 4 gold balls and 3 silver...I guarandamntee you that Union city's district region is nowhere near that...

Oh by the way the multiplier matters... if you have a big school you have more people to chose from if you have oh lets say less than 100 kids in the school....then you stay single A....

you are not a god or a prophet so you can make up what you want about what would or would not have happened but like you said...it is what it is...I gave the facts I gave history....what ACTUALLY happened...deal with it... I don't make $#%& up!!

CSAS is in

Keep in mind Temple is about 1/4 the size of Union City. I'm not normally a Temple fan but for the size school they are and what they have accomplished in the last ten years is unbelievably impressive.

exactly!

Icy- I think Temple beat mitchell in the semi's in 2003 fyi...

grammer- the skogan family ARRIVED when jake was a fresh, caleb in 7th, seth in 5th...so wow yea that makes it weird huh... newson 8th, sexton 9th, and jarod...no clue people will always complain about this...whatever..

purple and whatever...where is union city this year? just wondering because they are still 1a... correct..??

It is easy for temple because they are better than the teams they play... and not sure how you can say temple's region and district are weak... how many gold and silver balls are in the region and district of Union city???

in 1999-2000 CCS was in temple's region They won gold

grace has 2 silver balls...one in 2004, and the other they received after being beat by union city... They are in Temple's district

CSAS has 1 silver ball losing to temple

Temple has 3 gold balls...

so since the 1999-2000 season Temple's district and region has accumulated 4 gold balls and 3 silver...I guarandamntee you that Union city's district region is nowhere near that...

Oh by the way the multiplier matters... if you have a big school you have more people to chose from if you have oh lets say less than 100 kids in the school....then you stay single A....

you are not a god or a prophet so you can make up what you want about what would or would not have happened but like you said...it is what it is...I gave the facts I gave history....what ACTUALLY happened...deal with it... I don't make $#%& up!!

CSAS is in

exactly!

Hasn't Grace Baptist beat ya'll three times this season??...

One team to stay away from in most years to get to a sub-state game where it doesn't matter if you play at home or away because you are a couple notches above the "competition"....

I know you are proud of your school...No doubt you should be...But please don't even try to say Temple could do the same things as Union City has done playing the teams you do...Union City doesn't even play 1A teams outside of district play until they get to region , sub-state or state competition....They have played the Kemp's, Chism's, Vanardo's, Young's, Buckner's of the Tennessee basketball world just to name a few...

BTW ..... History is deceiving.....Especially when people don't look further into it...

One team to stay away from in most years to get to a sub-state game where it doesn't matter if you play at home or away because you are a couple notches above the "competition"....

I know you are proud of your school...No doubt you should be...But please don't even try to say Temple could do the same things as Union City has done playing the teams you do...Union City doesn't even play 1A teams outside of district play until they get to region , sub-state or state competition....They have played the Kemp's, Chism's, Vanardo's, Young's, Buckner's of the Tennessee basketball world just to name a few...

BTW ..... History is deceiving.....Especially when people don't look further into it...

something to think about: UC- born and raised kids.... Temple- you guys have said it yourself: kids that TRANSFERED/ moved in to go there. doesnt matter how small your school is when you can get some of the best players in the area although i do understand the one big fam was b/c the dad was coaching there, still doesnt change the point.

something to think about: UC- born and raised kids.... Temple- you guys have said it yourself: kids that TRANSFERED/ moved in to go there. doesnt matter how small your school is when you can get some of the best players in the area although i do understand the one big fam was b/c the dad was coaching there, still doesnt change the point.

I know but I don't even concern myself with the private school thing...They are what they are...We are what we are....

Parents have the right to send their children to the private school of their choosing. Has Temple benefited from transfers? Certainly. Does that belittle what they have accomplished? I don't think so. Temple's program was built through the early 90's with little or no transfers at all. It culminated in a runner-up performance at the state in 98. When you build a program, that has a winning tradition, with a Christian school education, parents are going to feel good about sending their sons there to play.

Parents have the right to send their children to the private school of their choosing. Has Temple benefited from transfers? Certainly. Does that belittle what they have accomplished? I don't think so. Temple's program was built through the early 90's with little or no transfers at all. It culminated in a runner-up performance at the state in 98. When you build a program, that has a winning tradition, with a Christian school education, parents are going to feel good about sending their sons there to play.

That's why I don't concern myself with the private/public thing....This is the U.S.A.. Parents do have the right to send their kids to private schools and if they are in with public schools to compete for a state championship, so be it....UC has beaten at least three private schools in state tournament play, two for the championship...3-0 against them...

Your last comment is nothing short of stupidity... history if it is false, or slanted or biased or tampered with, is deceiving, but the facts that I listed about what temple has accomplished are not "deceiving" it actually happened...so not sure what you are talking about...like I said make all the "predictions" about what would have been...but guess what? it never happened....

anyways...i digress...I should have known people like you would pop up...just trying to say congrats to temple on making it to state even though we are not the best team this year...can't even win our district and region...however the body of work put together by this school is impressive...that was all I was trying to say... from coach wadley..to skogan, to marcum...good job (although I will say that this years team is THE most underachieving team I have seen at temple....ever)