Temple Dynasty!

TempleTrue

Temple should be in Division II, that said, having 90 students (as was mentioned in the Free Press the other day) and getting a state runner-up is a great achievement. Manassas should already be in Class AA if the TSSAA enrollment listings from the fall are accurate (about 610).

Tell um Indian, Old Pirate says them TT folks have had a good run for a small enrollment but...........that success has cost them in the long run for rules violations. Yep, they should be in II and man up. Most folks are still in denial of ANY wrong doing ever. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Congrts to the kids for a successful season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I don't think this years Manassas team was as good as last years team....Manassas lost 8 seniors off last years team including guys like Roy Mcfadgon, Sean Kearney, Eric Atkins and Willie Payne.....McFadgon was 6'6"-6'7"..When he was in with 6'8" Buckner that made for a pretty formidable duo....They were also allowed to play 41 games last year...They played just about all the tough Memphis teams last year and were very battle tested last year...They didn't have near as tough a schedule this season as last...

I was just real disappointed in the way Temple played...They are usually smooth, play as a team and is well coached..Yesterday was just awful.....

Then Buckner gets kicked out of the game and the Tigers played better without him....I thought just maybe Temple would make a run at Manassas after Buckner got that 2nd Tech but it got worse....

No sorry I meant that this year's manassas team is not as good as last years Union City team...which a younger temple teamed played closer... and looked better against you'd think a team would improve in a year not get worse...

My contention is the statement that Temple would only be a .500 team in other districts. When you look at region 7 & 8, most of the teams are way below .500 and never have a chance at going to the tourney. There are not 40 teams fighting each other every year to make it. There are only two or three from each region, just like ours.

On the discussion about the Skogens, do not forget that Temple was strong before they came. When they won the silver in 1998 it was a 42-44 loss in 2OT, probably one of the best teams Temple has had. There is no dispute that having a boat load of Skogens was beneficial to Temple.

Like I stated earlier, Temple benefited from several schools moving out of class A. The '98 team you are talking about got "plastered" by CSAS in the last game of the regular season if memory serves me correctly. Icecold can probably shed some light on this for us. If CSAS had not moved up, Temple would not have even been to the state that year!

WOW...I couldn't agree with you more or have said it better...and let me take one shot if I may at Coach marcum...

I think that last year's Union City team was better than this year's manassas team..IMO... at least as good.. Temple played that team last year within 4 points I think.... THEN RETURNED EVERY SINGLE PERSON...so everyone should be a year better, stronger, bigger faster, whatever...and they are all seniors, and then they get blown out by a team who was not as good as last year's UC team... I got to see the game on CSS... Temple looked like they didn't have a coach...it was pathetic unorganized, and chaotic...coach marcum looked like he as much control of his team as he did the officials...

Temple lost 2 starters from last year, Peterson, a senior, and Rector transferred to Grace.

I think Marcum is an outstanding defensive coach, but I wonder about his offensive prowess. Against really good defensive teams, his boys looked lost. But, in Marcum's defense, if Temple would have hit 40% of their open shots yesterday, and they had plenty of them, they would have won the game. The guys just shot worse in the championship than I've ever seen them shoot. And that's got nothing to do with Marcum's coaching.

Tell um Indian, Old Pirate says them TT folks have had a good run for a small enrollment but...........that success has cost them in the long run for rules violations. Yep, they should be in II and man up. Most folks are still in denial of ANY wrong doing ever. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Congrts to the kids for a successful season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You're still bitter about the wupping your Pirates took from the football Crusaders 2 years ago, huh Pirate? That's shameful.

WOW...I couldn't agree with you more or have said it better...and let me take one shot if I may at Coach marcum...

I think that last year's Union City team was better than this year's manassas team..IMO... at least as good.. Temple played that team last year within 4 points I think.... THEN RETURNED EVERY SINGLE PERSON...so everyone should be a year better, stronger, bigger faster, whatever...and they are all seniors, and then they get blown out by a team who was not as good as last year's UC team... I got to see the game on CSS... Temple looked like they didn't have a coach...it was pathetic unorganized, and chaotic...coach marcum looked like he as much control of his team as he did the officials...

Ha, only a so-called Temple fan would come on a public message board and criticize a coach that got their team to the state championship game. You guys amaze me, you have been so spoiled by success that if you don't win the gold ball every year it's always someone else' fault. Temple's offense was fine, besides the fact that they didn't make a shot. Maybe next year the coach can shoot it for them.

Objectivity posted.....

"Temple's offense was fine, besides the fact that they didn't make a shot."

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

this is coming from someone who was there just to watch the games. Temple's problems were caused in my opinion from Manassas defense. They contested the shots. Now having said that I felt Manassas was a much better team after Buckner was thrown out. They were too dependent on him and he was lazy in my opinion. He is going to have trouble in the SEC I believe. If he don't lose the attitude he won't be playing long.

Loved Coach Marcum's quote in the paper today. When asked about the rumors of Temple not having a team next year because of low enrollement he said "We're not going anywhere, the Temple dynasty will continue."

Is he not the Lane Kiffin of Chattanooga basketball?

Where is Sexton going???

He hasn't committed yet, but has several offers from mid-majors, including UT-Chattanooga, UT-Martin, and Charleston Southern.

Loved Coach Marcum's quote in the paper today. When asked about the rumors of Temple not having a team next year because of low enrollement he said "We're not going anywhere, the Temple dynasty will continue."

Is he not the Lane Kiffin of Chattanooga basketball?

He hasn't committed yet, but has several offers from mid-majors, including UT-Chattanooga, UT-Martin, and Charleston Southern.

Well he better have a great recruiting class coming in or the dynasty might not make it out of the District next year /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />