Temple Dynasty!

TempleTrue

Hey 'dadoffour', please don't start sarcastic remarkes about a fictious DavidBrainerdTrue. I haven't read the entire posts from this thread, but sounds like you mean something negative about David Brainerd. Let's don't go there when comparing Temple. Bash Silverdale all you want.

Don't be so sensitive DB02. I was just asking TempleTrue who he would be giving his devotion to. You should feel honored that I listed your school as an option.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes we basically had our way with Temple that year. I still think that is one of the best temple teams of all times though

not even close to the best...maybe 5th...

01-02

06-07

02-03

04-05 (lost in 1st round to middleton(state champ)- ranked #1 all year..only 1 loss all season...basically the manassa vs. humboldt mishap this year)

Then maybe 98.... so 5th...

dadoffour... I don't have loyalty to temple as you can tell by my critical and many times ridiculous comments...I simply use this board to follow temple because for some reason I have a soft spot for them (the basketball program that is)... however, at the same time I have nothing but disdain for the school... I also like to try to get a rise out of people on here to my own amusement...sometimes I say things I think...sometimes I say things I know will drive other people insane...then I get to laugh at how predictable people are... mostly I just goof around... no loyalties anywhere next year...unless some other small school gets lucky enough to inherit a fan like me...haha

Man Please! Do you honestly think Temple is the second best team in the state? Manassas beat Humboldt with a last second 3 pointer. Manassas ran Temple out of the gym. As I stated on another post, this is why the #1 and #2 team should not be on the same side of the bracket. The championship was played on Wednesday morning....

it was played Sat! HB didn't get past 1st round! Temple is 2nd best team in 1A this year!

it was played Sat! HB didn't get past 1st round! Temple is 2nd best team in 1A this year!

Legend, technically you are 100% correct. But the question I have for you is that had HBT beat you guys on a last second shot in the 1st round, then went on to win the semi and final by an ave. of 20pts, would you really feel like Manassas was not the 2nd best team in 1A? Anyone that was at the Murphy Center and not totally biased knows who put up a fight against Manassas and who did'nt! Not disrespecting Grace and Temple, but those games were not close and you know it.

Debbie Hamilton, in a four-paragraph letter to the editor in the Chattanooga paper..the letter was about Temple not closing but it mentioned the sports programs:

"Concerning athletics, every year we're written off yet the Lord sends players to help us be competitive. We believe next year will be the same."

I guess that's what was meant by the "dynasty" continuing. I wonder who's lined up for next season?

In a world full of terrorism, economic decline, starvation, etc., I am glad to know that Ms. Hamilton believes that there toward the top of the Lord's list of things to do is sending athletes to Temple to continue the so-called self-proclaimed "dynasty"!!! We can all sleep better at night knowing that the "priorities" of the world are in proper order!

In a world full of terrorism, economic decline, starvation, etc., I am glad to know that Ms. Hamilton believes that there toward the top of the Lord's list of things to do is sending athletes to Temple to continue the so-called self-proclaimed "dynasty"!!! We can all sleep better at night knowing that the "priorities" of the world are in proper order!

Fortunatley, our Lord's power and attention isn't limited to just the big stuff. Temple's continuing sports program may or may not be part of His divine plan, but it's certainly not off his radar.

But, Mrs. Hamilton probably shouldn't have made that statement in a newspaper where a lot of the readers don't understand or appreciate God's concern for the little things.

Everything is on the radar, but it was dumb to say not because of a lack of understanding by the readers but because of their previous troubles in the football program. And some of you wonder why Temple has the role of "the villain" in Chattanooga basketball, she's basically saying they plan on new players coming in to save the day.

Everything is on the radar, but it was dumb to say not because of a lack of understanding by the readers but because of their previous troubles in the football program. And some of you wonder why Temple has the role of "the villain" in Chattanooga basketball, she's basically saying they plan on new players coming in to save the day.

Someone who thinks of Temple as a "villain" might translate her statement the way you did, others would not.

I do agree with you though that her statement shouldn't have been made so closely after the football troubles. It's just more ammunition for the recruiting conspiracy theorists out there.

So do you think she's expecting new talent to come in, or not?

I obviously have no way of knowing what she is thinking. I have not ever even met her. But, I suspect, that she believes it is God's will for the school to be successful. And she probably knows that Temple's success will be limited without some sort of athletics program. So, my bet is that she does probably expect kids to enroll at Temple who want to play sports.

Is there something wrong with that, in your opinion?

A lot of public schools could build a dynasty too if they could get students from anywhere! I remember a few years ago when your state champion team was made up mostly of Georgia players! You were actually Georgia state champions. I spoke with an official from TSSAA at the tournament this year and he said he agreed that the private recruiting schools should not be in the tournament against public schools. Brag when your school is on equal footing with the public schools. I'm proud of the school I follow for being in their district championship game every year for over 20 years until this season...that is something to be proud of.