Temple Dynasty!

TempleTrue

the public private debate will never go away...ever unless they are completely separated... when you win people question how you do it...when you are tiny like temple and continue to win people really question how you do it...

Temple's "ga state championship teams" had kids who lived in ga...just across the border who had been at temple since kindergarten, 1st and or 2nd grade...the oldest skogan came in 9th grade and didn't even play in a game because of injury(the other skogens enrolled accordingly, 7th, 5th and 3rd grade...that is a stupid accusation...the more recent years I can actually understand some of the criticism...

btw...people like debbie hamilton, and many many others associated with that school are why I have disdain for that place...again basketball is my weak spot...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if we could get kids "just across the line" from Kentucky too, but we can't unless they move. We go by different rules than you do and that is the point and yes, this will ALWAYS come up because I will be one of those ALWAYS bringing it up. Is Temple afraid to go into the private school division and will have to play by the same rules as the other recruiting schools? I guess that would mean the end of the dynasty. Your "tiny" school has 210 students...ours has 187.

the public private debate will never go away...ever unless they are completely separated... when you win people question how you do it...when you are tiny like temple and continue to win people really question how you do it...

Temple's "ga state championship teams" had kids who lived in ga...just across the border who had been at temple since kindergarten, 1st and or 2nd grade...the oldest skogan came in 9th grade and didn't even play in a game because of injury(the other skogens enrolled accordingly, 7th, 5th and 3rd grade...that is a stupid accusation...the more recent years I can actually understand some of the criticism...

btw...people like debbie hamilton, and many many others associated with that school are why I have disdain for that place...again basketball is my weak spot...

How about the quarterback for the 10-0 team a couple of years ago, transferring in for his senior but prior to that participating in spring practice while still enrolled in his North Georgia school (I think it was SE Whitfield)? Is this what Hamilton meant by players being sent to help make Temple competitive? Putting that in the newspaper as a letter to the editor looked like a message stating "We need players, come on and enroll and you'll get early playing time," and she also mentioned a JV football team being planned. They should have charged her for an advertisement.

How about the quarterback for the 10-0 team a couple of years ago, transferring in for his senior but prior to that participating in spring practice while still enrolled in his North Georgia school (I think it was SE Whitfield)? Is this what Hamilton meant by players being sent to help make Temple competitive?

Yep, they ended up 12-1 (something like that) and got into trouble for breaking the rules. That will stay with Temple for a long, long time. Has anyone ever seen a football program be built as fast and competitive as they were, and then to just drop off the face of the earth? Coaches bailed like a hot potato.... Basketball? How many coaches have they had in the past 8-10 years? 4 I believe? You could only wonder why. When the going gets tough (meaning breaking rules and getting caught AND/OR the upcoming classes may just not being as competitive as they (coaches that are Dads with kids there) want them to be, what do they do? Leave, go other places, etc.... really think Coach Marcum will be back next year? Really think he could fathom building a program from scratch, kinda like what is going to happen there now for the next several years? I know he wanted no part of it at one of his previous employers, and bailed right in the middle of summer camps, leaving the school and players hanging out to dry. That was something hard for me to swallow. Things have a way of coming around, and all preceived (dynasty in their minds but few if any others) things do come to an end. Temple has done nothing to help the private/public debate with their actions over the past few years. There are some that do it the right way.

How about the quarterback for the 10-0 team a couple of years ago, transferring in for his senior but prior to that participating in spring practice while still enrolled in his North Georgia school (I think it was SE Whitfield)? Is this what Hamilton meant by players being sent to help make Temple competitive? Putting that in the newspaper as a letter to the editor looked like a message stating "We need players, come on and enroll and you'll get early playing time," and she also mentioned a JV football team being planned. They should have charged her for an advertisement.

He was pre-enrolled at Temple, and, if that was a violation, someone should have told Ronnie Carter, because he did not penalize them for it.

That's a good point about the free advertisement. Maybe Mrs. Hamilton is more savy than people think.

Yep, they ended up 12-1 (something like that) and got into trouble for breaking the rules. That will stay with Temple for a long, long time. Has anyone ever seen a football program be built as fast and competitive as they were, and then to just drop off the face of the earth? Coaches bailed like a hot potato.... Basketball? How many coaches have they had in the past 8-10 years? 4 I believe? You could only wonder why. When the going gets tough (meaning breaking rules and getting caught AND/OR the upcoming classes may just not being as competitive as they (coaches that are Dads with kids there) want them to be, what do they do? Leave, go other places, etc.... really think Coach Marcum will be back next year? Really think he could fathom building a program from scratch, kinda like what is going to happen there now for the next several years? I know he wanted no part of it at one of his previous employers, and bailed right in the middle of summer camps, leaving the school and players hanging out to dry. That was something hard for me to swallow. Things have a way of coming around, and all preceived (dynasty in their minds but few if any others) things do come to an end. Temple has done nothing to help the private/public debate with their actions over the past few years. There are some that do it the right way.

Marcum would have been crazy to stick around his previous schools, coaching JV sports, when he could go to Temple and become the AD and coach for a state tournament level team. There's nothing wrong with opening the door when opportunity knocks.

A side question DB. What happened to Meachem? I'm assuming he left because I don't see him in any box scores.

He was pre-enrolled at Temple, and, if that was a violation, someone should have told Ronnie Carter, because he did not penalize them for it.

That's a good point about the free advertisement. Maybe Mrs. Hamilton is more savy than people think.

According to TSSAA rules, student-athletes cannot participate in practice at one school while still enrolled at another.

"This would be a major violation," Carter said. "When we spoke with Caleb Marcum about this, he said he had spoken with someone at our office who said it was OK for those kids to participate. However, he didn't remember who he had spoken to, and we informed him that it would not have been approved and that nothing is official from our office unless it is in writing.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2007/au...f-Temple-probe/

Marcum would have been crazy to stick around his previous schools, coaching JV sports, when he could go to Temple and become the AD and coach for a state tournament level team. There's nothing wrong with opening the door when opportunity knocks.

A side question DB. What happened to Meachem? I'm assuming he left because I don't see him in any box scores.

There's a correct time to leave anyplace, but leaving during the summer when the school had no opportunitites to find another coach was not a very classy thing to do. He was the head, not JV, coach at the time. Individual you mentioned went to McCallie. Guess he is going to stay there.

According to TSSAA rules, student-athletes cannot participate in practice at one school while still enrolled at another.

"This would be a major violation," Carter said. "When we spoke with Caleb Marcum about this, he said he had spoken with someone at our office who said it was OK for those kids to participate. However, he didn't remember who he had spoken to, and we informed him that it would not have been approved and that nothing is official from our office unless it is in writing.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2007/au...f-Temple-probe/

This quote was not referring to the QB who practiced in the spring with Temple while enrolled at both SE Whifield and Temple. Marcum was not at Temple at that time. There was no penalty for that.

The quote above referred to the kids from CSAS who worked out with Temple in spring FB drills the following year. Caleb supposedly asked, and received permission for this in advance, but since nothing was official, Temple was penalized.

There's a correct time to leave anyplace, but leaving during the summer when the school had no opportunitites to find another coach was not a very classy thing to do. He was the head, not JV, coach at the time. Individual you mentioned went to McCallie. Guess he is going to stay there.

When would have been a better time? During the school year?

And you're correct, Caleb was the head baseball coach at SD when he took the Temple job. He left SD after baseball was over, which couldn't have been a better time for SD.

They must have thought they had enough without it. It's a violation whether they were hit for it or not.

I knew I'd seen something similar to Hamilton's remarks before. This really got the hornet's nest stirred up at the time:

"Before this last season started, we didn't have Kameron Ridley or Erik Larson and look at the impact they had after transferring in," said Rob Eldridge, Temple's Director of Development. Ridley rushed for more than 1,000 yards and Larson became the team's starting quarteback after transferring in.

"Like those two transfers, I would expect anywhere from 8 to 12 kids to transfer from other schools because they can come here and get plenty of playing time or be a star," Eldridge said. "Kids don't want to sit on the bench, they want to play and our program is on the map now after this season.

"We may take our lumps next year or it may be a reloading year. We're a praying school and we're trusting the Lord will provide. We may surprise some teams with the talent stepping up and with those new students God may bring us."

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2006/de...coaches-resign/

Maybe another Sexton can just fall out of the sky and into the gym.

They must have thought they had enough without it. It's a violation whether they were hit for it or not.

I knew I'd seen something similar to Hamilton's remarks before. This really got the hornet's nest stirred up at the time:

"Before this last season started, we didn't have Kameron Ridley or Erik Larson and look at the impact they had after transferring in," said Rob Eldridge, Temple's Director of Development. Ridley rushed for more than 1,000 yards and Larson became the team's starting quarteback after transferring in.

"Like those two transfers, I would expect anywhere from 8 to 12 kids to transfer from other schools because they can come here and get plenty of playing time or be a star," Eldridge said. "Kids don't want to sit on the bench, they want to play and our program is on the map now after this season.

"We may take our lumps next year or it may be a reloading year. We're a praying school and we're trusting the Lord will provide. We may surprise some teams with the talent stepping up and with those new students God may bring us."

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2006/de...coaches-resign/

Maybe another Sexton can just fall out of the sky and into the gym.

That would be awesome!!!