Livingston Academy vs. Gibson County

13aafanatic

Well... here I am! I finally made it on at 2:15 in the morning after the state championship, lol.. I'm going to do my post in paragraphs.

Purple&Gold, I said from the beginning of the season I thought we had the capability of winning the state championship. Things fell right into place for GC. I didn't think of having an undefeated season, but it sure is nice to have it! This is the first championship in school history and I hope to make a repeat next year!

Bigdaddy, it was fun talking smack with ya. You 7AA fans love basketball just like us 13AA fans and are diehard fans for our respective teams. I'm sure we'll be seeing some more of Livingston over the next few years before it's said and done with. Good Luck to ya'll next year!

As for the game.... GC and Livingston both played AWESOME defense. I said South Greene had played the toughest defense on us all season. That changed earlier today when we played Livingston. They controlled the tempo and never really let us get in our running game. However, GC did start getting more fast breaks toward the end. As stated, the game was ALOT closer than the score indicates. I believe it was like a 2 point game with 5 minutes left in the game. GC could just never put LA away until the very end. Both of these teams left everything out there on the floor and should be applauded for the entertainment they gave us today! Heather Griffin, congrats on MVP! Seniors, awesome 4 years at Gibson Co. and good luck in whatever ya'll do after you graduate! I hope we can make another run at this next year. It was definately an exciting week in Murfreesboro! Livingston Academy, GREAT GAME! Ya'll played extremely hard. Good Luck to ya'll next year and hope to see you back in the 'boro!!!!!!

GO GC!!!

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... here I am! I finally made it on at 2:15 in the morning after the state championship, lol.. I'm going to do my post in paragraphs.

Purple&Gold, I said from the beginning of the season I thought we had the capability of winning the state championship. Things fell right into place for GC. I didn't think of having an undefeated season, but it sure is nice to have it! This is the first championship in school history and I hope to make a repeat next year!

Bigdaddy, it was fun talking smack with ya. You 7AA fans love basketball just like us 13AA fans and are diehard fans for our respective teams. I'm sure we'll be seeing some more of Livingston over the next few years before it's said and done with. Good Luck to ya'll next year!

As for the game.... GC and Livingston both played AWESOME defense. I said South Greene had played the toughest defense on us all season. That changed earlier today when we played Livingston. They controlled the tempo and never really let us get in our running game. However, GC did start getting more fast breaks toward the end. As stated, the game was ALOT closer than the score indicates. I believe it was like a 2 point game with 5 minutes left in the game. GC could just never put LA away until the very end. Both of these teams left everything out there on the floor and should be applauded for the entertainment they gave us today! Heather Griffin, congrats on MVP! Seniors, awesome 4 years at Gibson Co. and good luck in whatever ya'll do after you graduate! I hope we can make another run at this next year. It was definately an exciting week in Murfreesboro! Livingston Academy, GREAT GAME! Ya'll played extremely hard. Good Luck to ya'll next year and hope to see you back in the 'boro!!!!!!

GO GC!!!

Great post and thanks GCP both teams did leave it all on the floor and thats what it's all about. Congratulations to both and hope they can both meet back in the Boro next year.

My bad thats was meant for "rockinchair" post. Didn't appreciate his remarks about being immature. Then I looked and saw he has les than 40 posts....so I should consider the source. I did read your post all the way through and I appreciate your comments. Like I said LA has nothing to ashamed of. You certainly have more Gold and Silver hardware than we do. I just hope we finally got over the hump and can repeat next year since we are returing all starters except 1.

Well that makes 2 of us. I didn't appreciate the slam you made about your team blowing us out. We were 3 down with 4 mins. and change and missed and GC came down and hit a 3. Then stole the ball and hit another 3. Then the game is pretty much over. But I don't think we were just trying to keep it close, we were trying to win and with the pressure GC applied which was no better than it was in the first period, things unraveled for our team. Forcing passes , shots etc. and then a game like this just got out of hand. Don't come off like this was a big blow out b/c it wasn't.

And I think it's funny that some of your fans complained about the officiating. I will have to give your coach a lot of credit b/c he must have told his players to keep reaching everytime we broke the press b/c the refs can't call it everytime. Reminds me of Bill Billichek coach of the New England Patriots. He told some reporter that he taught his DB's to hold every play b.c their not going to throw the flag every play. Makes a lot of sense if you think about it. I mean how many times have you seen a flag every play or a whistle blown every play. You don't.

And you must have been reading someone else's post b/c I have around 1700 or 1800 the last time I looked. Might want to look at the 400 or so post you have made. I guess I should have noticed the source when you came off like your team just mopped the floor with our girls. Far cry from it amigo.

I have followed basketball STATEWIDE for 20 plus years and have heard of all those teams..I have done my home work. You however were trying to rub into Rocking Chairs nose on a comment he made before the game and you acted like it was a blowout from the get go. Now, you changed your tone after a few called you on it. GC was in a dog fight for 3 and half quarters and then the best team took over and won. It was the after game comment that got me going. You basically said you have waited for years to get back at us for our success. Well, go ahead, if that makes you feel better because your team is definately the best in AA. Be proud of Gibson County, heck I am proud for you. But there is no need for bush league talk after the game. So, if you have truly been there then you should act like it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm sorry, but you might want to go back and check this thread. I never anything about wanting to get back at anyone for anyones success. Don't know what you were reading , but not from me. The only thing I said was everytime we have come here for the past 4-5 years its always posters from 7AA saying we don't play anyone, overrated...ect...and thats disrespectful to our teams and the kids. Did you happen to read the one where I congratulated both LA and Clarkrange for the amount of hardware they have won, probably not? You might want to check next time you reply and make silly accusation without anything to back it up. I'm not bush league as you put it.....real classy. I NEVER said anything about it being a BLOW OUT. Once again, check the facts.

I'm happy for all teams that make it this far, which I'm sure you are too. And yes once again I have been there and can back it up with facts. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

And I'm sorry I had your posts wrong I had you confused with someone else. You do have about 1800, most of which have been classy, but not all.

Your probably right 'DaKidd'.

Wonder if they have a boys team ? Sure would love to play them wouldn't you. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Rocking chair? Is this acting like you've been there?????

I think this was a much closer game than what a lot of GC fans thought it was going to be. Yes GC did end up winning by double digits, but the game was much closer than the score lets on. It was only a 3 point lead with just under four minutes to go. Both teams played a great game, GC just played a little better. LA's defence did a great job holding GC's powerfull offence down for the majority game. And GC did a great job of getting a hand in our shooters face and played a tough defence as well. GC is a great team and congrats to a perfect year. I would have liked to have seen the upset though. Congrats to LA on a great post season. Many teams looked at their record and immediately thought they would not be a factor. They proved to everyone that they were for real. They have nothing to be ashamed of and had a great year. Congrats!

Well that makes 2 of us. I didn't appreciate the slam you made about your team blowing us out. We were 3 down with 4 mins. and change and missed and GC came down and hit a 3. Then stole the ball and hit another 3. Then the game is pretty much over. But I don't think we were just trying to keep it close, we were trying to win and with the pressure GC applied which was no better than it was in the first period, things unraveled for our team. Forcing passes , shots etc. and then a game like this just got out of hand. Don't come off like this was a big blow out b/c it wasn't.

And I think it's funny that some of your fans complained about the officiating. I will have to give your coach a lot of credit b/c he must have told his players to keep reaching everytime we broke the press b/c the refs can't call it everytime. Reminds me of Bill Billichek coach of the New England Patriots. He told some reporter that he taught his DB's to hold every play b.c their not going to throw the flag every play. Makes a lot of sense if you think about it. I mean how many times have you seen a flag every play or a whistle blown every play. You don't.

And you must have been reading someone else's post b/c I have around 1700 or 1800 the last time I looked. Might want to look at the 400 or so post you have made. I guess I should have noticed the source when you came off like your team just mopped the floor with our girls. Far cry from it amigo.

It was close for 3 QTRS and LA was probably the best team we may have faced all year. But it still wound up being a 20 point margin and the last time I checked you play 4 QTRS. Both LA and Gibson County gave us the best game in the finals. I am happy for LA. And hope Gibson County can win as many Gold and Silver balls as they have!

R C dont be scared , make the trip and yell loud and proud for the LADY CATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They love it when the crowd gets loud behind them !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hey Rocking Chair , i didnt mean scared in that way , i just thought you sounded like you might not go because you were afraid that you would jinx them !!!!! I just wanted a many loud and crazy HOG-EYE fans in that gym as we could get !!!!!!!!!!!!

Go HOG-EYE !!!!!!!!

Woooooooooooooooooooo!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

To all HOG-EYE fans:

Our girls are supposed to be back at the county line at around 1:00 today , lets show up and give them a big ole welcome home!!!!!!!!!!!! Us let them know just how proud of them that we really are!!!!!!! I would like to see HWY 111 lined from the county line to the city limits , so come out and show your HOG-EYE pride !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go HOG-EYE !!!!!

Woooooooooooooooooo!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm new on here, and I have to say I have enjoyed reading many of the posts from both sides. I do wonder if LA would like a little cheese to go with all that whine! My goodness, if I hear how tough of a schedule you guys played all year and how you weren't even suppose to be at the 'boro many more times, I'm gonna suggest therapy! I mean you would think y'all had been playing against the Lakers and the Celtics. (although I will have to say, I thought LA could have competed in the NFL-yes NFL the way they were knocking the crap out of GC yesterday with very few calls against them, but I digress) We in West TN are not playing against our local YMCA teams, you know. Talk about disrespecting another team. You guys have a great team so enough of the excuses you keep throwing out. However tough your schedule was or whatever, y'all made it and that's all that counts. As a 20+ year basketball fan, it's always been amazing to me how folks on the east side of the Tennessee River think us lowly little folks in West TN ain't got what it takes to even show up at the 'boro. I have respect for all the teams that made it AND the one's who didn't that should have been there based on their successful seasons. That's how the ball bounces sometime. We've all been there. I feel like West TN was very well represented in A, AA, and AAA, and I am very proud to be a fan west of the TN River even though we are not "worthy". Anyway, great season for LA-- #10 and #22--awesome players. I did see some poor sportmanship toward the end of the game with the intentional tackles-oops I mean fouls against GC. (not from the above mentioned players) You will never see GC girls lose their composure on the court- win or lose. Great group of girls and I know that LA girls are, too. What they have accomplished- no one can take that away. I have enjoyed watching these Lady Pioneers more than any team ever. I'm looking forward to 2009-2010 season. Great job, girls! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i am pulling for LA as well but don't go and say you think you should get more support from the upperman bees. i mean you were the team that sat in the stands and cheered for station camp in the region tournament when our boys team was playing. where was our support. we got it from dekalb and other district schools. but the majority of your fans cheered on station camp, so let's not go down that road. i'm sure it's hard to get support from the bees when they are so dissapointed right now. these girls to me are still one of the top teams in the state, and for them to know that LA (who they beat 3 times this year) is playing for the state title probably is a hard pill to swallow. but that's what tournament time is about. the best teams do not always make it to the dance. marshalll county found that out the hard way as well. (man to me this is one of the weakest state tournaments i have seen in a while). with the exception of gc.

Hey beefan23 , did you run out of tissue ?????? Not a weak state tournament , did you see the records , they were 2 undefeated teams in AA.......... I wish your girls would have made it too, but they didnt ...... Regular season play , gets you prepared for tourny time, and that is when it counts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So stop and get you a new box of tissue , and come on up and you can help welcome our girls and that silver ball, back to LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Go HOG-EYE !!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey beefan23 , did you run out of tissue ?????? Not a weak state tournament , did you see the records , they were 2 undefeated teams in AA.......... I wish your girls would have made it too, but they didnt ...... Regular season play , gets you prepared for tourny time, and that is when it counts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So stop and get you a new box of tissue , and come on up and you can help welcome our girls and that silver ball, back to LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Go HOG-EYE !!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Oldcat77 the more I read your posts and some other LA posters, I think I know (you and them) a little more personally than I thought. I would like to say that it was very nice to here and see the support from the LA fans for Lashay during the Ms Basketball awards.

Again, congrats on the great run this year and the silver ball!!!!